Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog for iPhone on the Bus and IAA!

Comments

• @StormJH1 said:

@daveproper said:

Restore purchases Isn't doing anything for me but I guess I can't complain too much. Happy there's a sign of an Audiobus update anyway!

They still showed as $3.99, $4.99 in the store menu (even the Monster Moog one I actually DID buy!), except when you go back to the synth and check your available presets........Happy Labor Day weekend!

whoa. thanks for the heads up!

• edited August 2014

Holy shit @syrupcore

http://bit.ly/1pdBnJ3
    note to myself: I need to shut up, this is creepy

• Has anyone had the MIDI out purchase show up? I have that on the iPad but it still seems to want to have me purchase it on the iPhone. All the presets I purchased are indeed showing up however...

• Has anyone tried installing the iPhone version to the iPad?

• @Peanutcram said:

Has anyone tried installing the iPhone version to the iPad?

Yep. Don't do it. It also replaces Animooog's entry in the input slot so that doesn't work anymore either. Do not install until they've fixed it.

• It seems, at least for me, that whichever Animoog you opened last opens up in the input slot. But you can't have both.

• @Sebastian said:

@Peanutcram said:

Yep. Don't do it. It also replaces Animooog's entry in the input slot so that doesn't work anymore either. Do not install until they've fixed it.

Thanks for that one. I was tempted to get all sound packs that way...

• Any word on whether or not the free store items are intentional or another bug? If it's happening without an anouncement and via "Restore Purchases" it seems a little... shady.

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2014

@Peanutcram said:

@Sebastian said:

@Peanutcram said:

It works fine. Like Fitz wrote: last Animoog opened appears in audiobus.
    Looking at Animoog's track record i wouldn't be surprised if this 'restore' behaviour is another fuckup.
    Nice easter egg (unless you already bought all packs, like myself)

• just bought it (30.08 at around 13:00 easterope time)
    got version 1.1.2
    restored purchases (didn't buy before) and presets are here (for how long? :))
    and it appears in AB input selector

never had animo, how can i check if i got midi with that restore, please?

• You should get iFunBox and pull out the presets and samples. That way when you update Animoog next you'll still have all that Moogy goodness.

• i see presets and samples folders but the samples folders on the iPad version are not the same as the ones on the iPhone, … on the iPad there are 2 samples folders in two different places and one is full of wav files and the other folder is full of .tbl files. has anyone imported the files correctly?

• I think it's library/cache/samples

• edited August 2014

On the ipad version the only folder that can be modified is documents. Just copy the 'presets' and 'samples' folder from the iPhone 'documents' folder to there and don't worry about anything else.

• Yes, I just transferred the appropriate folders to presets, then the whole samples folder to the animoog sharing folder using ifunbox, and everything works.

• Thank you all :) All soundpacks work except midi iap.

• @R_2 said:

@Peanutcram said:

@Sebastian said:

@Peanutcram said:

It works fine. Like Fitz wrote: last Animoog opened appears in audiobus.
    Looking at Animoog's track record i wouldn't be surprised if this 'restore' behaviour is another fuckup.
    Nice easter egg (unless you already bought all packs, like myself)

I gave it a try. iPhone app into thesys to Auria via IAA worked fine. All feature sounds available without buying. But after deleting the iPhone app again the iPad version is no longer available in Thesys. To be continued...

• Does the ipad version have IAA?

• @Fitz said:

Does the ipad version have IAA?

No, it hasn't been updated yet. Still Audiobus 1 as well.

• I'm guessing that's why it won't show up in Thesys.

• True. Sorry for confusing. It's behavior in AB is still strange. I get two animoogs listed. Depending where from I switch between the apps different versions pop up.

• Unistall Animoog_ipad ->Install animoog_iphone -> Restore IAP's -> Grub the presets&sounds via iFunbox ->unistall animoog_iphone -> install Animoog_ipad -->place the presets&sounds and no mixed moogs!

• Hope they will update ipad version, soon. Cant wait to buy it cheaper

• I don't see a transport dialog when I open Animoog as an IAA instrument. Is there a fix on this? Thanks.

• After deleting and reinstalling, Animoog no longer appears in the AB input list. It did previously but didn't work anyway just zzzzz in AB. I have the audio working when using InterApp Audio in Beatmaker 2 but absolutely no MIDI whatever I try and that's after buying the MIDI expansion which I didn't really need as it's for MIDI output. Grr

• That's an, ummm, interesting post. Didn't really answer the question about whether all those presets were meant to be free. The iPad version is fixed as of yesterday?? It was broken?

• iPad version broke within Audiobus if you had both apps on an iPad. I haven't tested the fix... still spending all my time perusing my new patch library;)

• @Zymos said:

That's an, ummm, interesting post. Didn't really answer the question about whether all those presets were meant to be free. The iPad version is fixed as of yesterday?? It was broken?

Haha, it's funny how people ask them about the glitch in a way to test if they did it non purpose, but to avoid tipping them off on exactly what is going on...just in case they haven't figured it out. :)

The "broken" iPad thing referenced the fact that adding an iPhone version of the same app was confusing the two and "breaking" AB for both. Either this is resolved or they seem at least aware of it.

• So ipas update is actually finished? Did i understand it right?