Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using the Shure MV5 mic with Cubasis?

If so, how do you like it? Everything work ok with Cubasis?

I need something better than my IPhone/IPad to record acoustic and vocals.

Comments

• I may.. Had the top of the line NV, returned it, saved my money a d bought an Apogee

• I use the MV51 with Cubasis and get great results. It’s plug and play, with no issues. I listened to a lot of sound tests before I bought, and the MV5 sounds good. It was the best sounding usb mic to my ears at that price point.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I may.. Had the top of the line NV, returned it, saved my money a d bought an Apogee

I love apogee. I used to own the duet.

@FriedTapeworm said:
    I use the MV51 with Cubasis and get great results. It’s plug and play, with no issues. I listened to a lot of sound tests before I bought, and the MV5 sounds good. It was the best sounding usb mic to my ears at that price point.

That’s reassuring to hear. I’ve never used a usb mic.

• edited May 2020

My MV88 sounds great to me and is plug and play with Cube3

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    My MV88 sounds great to me and is plug and play with Cube3

Do you primarily use it with your iPhone? My plan is to use a usb mic with my iPad, and I don’t see how one could use the MV88 just sticking out the side of the iPad. It seems like it would be clumsy/awkward to record?

• edited May 2020

Nah I use it mostly with my 9.7 iPad. I have my iPad in a case and just have it folded back to support it and the mic. Works great for recording vocals if I have that sitting at about desk height

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Nah I use it mostly with my 9.7 iPad. I have my iPad in a case and just have it folded back to support it and the mic. Works great for recording vocals if I have that sitting at about desk height

I really liked the sound demos I heard on YouTube. I think this is the one. Thanks!!

• I’ve got a Shure MV5. I like it. I’ve never used it with Cubasis but I have used it to sing live into Auria Pro, and it worked well. In the end I used a Sennheiser e835 into an ART Tube MP into a Tascam US-100, but I might as well have cut out the ART thing, and probably have nearly the same result as the Shure MV5. The main difference wasn’t the mic, but that I had a mattress standing up (since thrown out at last) and I sang with that behind and around the Sennheiser whereas I didn’t with the Shure, it was in free air. Mind you, I’m of the opinion that most mics sound about the same.

• Looks like the MV88 is backordered big time. 😭