Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tech analyst says he’s “100% confident” that Logic Pro is coming to iPad Pro

https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech-analyst-says-hes-100-confident-that-logic-pro-is-coming-to-ipad-pro

As Prosser says, you can choose to trust him on this or not, but it’s possibly worth noting that, after assessing how accurate he’s been with previous Apple leaks, Apple Insider concluded that “his track record is spot-on”.

Comments

• (I have no knowledge about Apple's plans or product futures).

But, I say, Welcome to the new $3,000 iPad Pro. All the older Pro's might not be supported.
    Maybe they will just fork the OS for these apps on selected "iPads" to avoid the mismatch of hardware
    and expectations. But a high margin product would help and it would be a small group to support
    and "caveat emptor" stills works.

It might look similar but functionally it will probably have to be hollowed out to fit the resources.
    The instability we have learned to accept will not be tolerated so it will have to be highly restricted.
    Sometimes marketing plans don't make it past Q&A or the "Beta testing" phase because an iPad is
    not an Intel architecture system with the busses, co-procressors, I/O expansion, storage devices, etc.

But I'll probably buy one.

• WWDC'2020 starts on 22nd of June so I guess by then we'll know more :)

The 10.5 Logic Pro X update has kept me busy for a while and I do like it!
    (iPad works well as a remote to boot hehe).

• I swear i will buy a new iPad if they announce Logic at WWDC 2020. :D

• As I recall, a number of GarageBand updates dropped during WWDCs, so that makes perfect sense.

• edited May 2020

Who knows, maybe they add the most important features but something on top the mac version even not have (like the live loops and remix pads for about 3 years).
    But i still think Mainstage would have come first as performance tool before even a Logic Lite.
    Also this would maybe the first time an Apple app would be iPad exclusive since i doubt they fit Logic on iPhones.
    At best i think a very stripped down version. As long as it has just the 5-10% of features and tools i use from Logic i´m fine with this :)
    Lol, think about if they would release Logic 11 only for iOS.

• @McD I really don't see the powers that be at Apple designing a super iPad Pro just for our tiny musician group.

To them, we're just several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict. 🤗

• @Clueless said:
    I swear i will buy a new iPad if they announce Logic at WWDC 2020. :D

That could actually make me 'upgrade' my trusty iPad Air 2 to a new one as well :D

• edited May 2020

iOS DAW developers might hope it will never happens. AUv3 developers might be happy.
    I also think indeed this could sell some new iPads for sure. For me it would be a big impact.

• He is 100% confident, but cannot confidently say. 😄

• @SevenSystems said:
    He is 100% confident, but cannot confidently say. 😄

+1

In addition...

Who is Jon Prosser?

• edited May 2020

@Gravitas said:

@SevenSystems said:
    He is 100% confident, but cannot confidently say. 😄

+1

In addition...

Who is Jon Prosser?

Good question. Is Apple leaker even a real job these days?
    I mean tech analyst.

• You guys think a mouse will be required?
    Or will they make it touch friendly?

• edited May 2020

@CracklePot said:
    You guys think a mouse will be required?

Sure its called then GarageBand :#
    GUI might be the hardest part and not all Logic tools looks great for touch yet.

• @Clueless said:

@CracklePot said:

Sure its called then GarageBand :#
    GUI might be the hardest part and not all Logic tools looks great for touch yet.

So, wait...
    Are you saying that iLogic will be a lamed-down version of Logic that Apple gives away free with iPad Pros?

Hmmm...
    makes sense, actually.
    😏

• We are again on this? That Tweet was the same which started the other thread...

• If it happens it will be Logic lite and might replace GB. There is NO way the full version of Logic can run on an iPad, I wouldn't even want to try. I sure hope they don't dumb down the desktop version to make it work on both

• @yowza said:
    If it happens it will be Logic lite and might replace GB. There is NO way the full version of Logic can run on an iPad, I wouldn't even want to try. I sure hope they don't dumb down the desktop version to make it work on both

Nah´even Apple would not do this.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

Xcode on iPad Pro? That doesn't even make sense. It's a development platform and would make no sense to bring to iPad. Could be he's referring to improved Swift Playgrounds support, which would be nice.

• I wonder what Jon Prosser's odds are that Apple will revive the full Alchemy Synth to IOS with IAPs?!?!?!

• Exclusive for the new real iPad Pro with removed usb c - because Pro means removed jacks in Apple world!

• @david_2017 said:
    Exclusive for the new real iPad Pro with removed usb c - because Pro means removed jacks in Apple world!

Yeah, I do wonder what Apple plans to do with the so called 'Air Pods Studio' things, maybe a USB-C cord that can be used for wired connection and to charge them. There is no way in h*ll I'll ever get used to BT Audio-Latency...

• @CracklePot said:

Both I’d say as Apple might stay partly loyal to Steve Jobs vision to only use a touch device with your fingertips.
    I definitely would prefer to not always having to bring a mouse and needing a table for it. That really would suck big time.

• edited May 2020

@Samu said:

@Clueless said:
    I swear i will buy a new iPad if they announce Logic at WWDC 2020. :D

That could actually make me 'upgrade' my trusty iPad Air 2 to a new one as well :D

Well I guess I’m in the same boat. Was holding off hoping for a Logic to come since about 2 years now. So it’s good to at least read some rumours about it now :)
    When they first introduced the 2018 iPad Pro on that NYC creative iPad keynote, for the whole time I went like “c’mon say Logic c’mon say Logic c’mon say Logic....” 😄