Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SugarBytes Goes Multi Out Crazy 😜 but it’s not as we thought!

Shame this got me all in a tiz for a minute then I realized it’s not multi out as in AUM /App Matrix.

Move on nothing to see here!

Comments

• edited May 2020

Is this just hardware interface Multi in / out though?

• I went Sugar Bytes crazy of late and got some that I had held off on. So now I have Factory, Aparillo, egoist, Effectrix and Looperator. Any of the others that are must-see-TV?

• any vids plz :D

• @AudioGus said:
    Is this just hardware interface Multi in / out though?

I’m not 100% sure but I think you might be right, seems like the multi out only applies to stand alone, or at least I don’t see any multi out options in AUM.ill have to test multi out in stand alone version when I connect my iPad to my interface later

• cool plz report findings

• @kinkujin said:
    I went Sugar Bytes crazy of late and got some that I had held off on. So now I have Factory, Aparillo, egoist, Effectrix and Looperator. Any of the others that are must-see-TV?

Prolly should have asked this in a new thread.

• I'm going to say Wow filter. Screaming and glitchy goodness, Mouse on Mars kind of filter, reminds me of a Sherman Filterbank or Jomox Resonator.

• Great, this was the long standing bug for audio interfaces fixed :)

• @kinkujin said:
    I went Sugar Bytes crazy of late and got some that I had held off on. So now I have Factory, Aparillo, egoist, Effectrix and Looperator. Any of the others that are must-see-TV?

Thesys... Praying for an update...

• @kinkujin said:

You missed Turnado and Wow2. Both are great, crazy... and sold in bundle with Effectrix.

• So what does the multi out in standalone offer?

• @Toastedghost said:
    So what does the multi out in standalone offer?

You can sample from different inputs and playback to different outputs, which is useful in a hardware setup with a computer for example.

• Anyones knows when will be the next sales for SugarBytes apps?

• I’m hoping it’s Black Friday and they include Drum Computer (desktop) in the sale as well as bringing it to iOS. I would love to have it on both...

• we need drum computer!

• @reasOne said:
    we need drum computer!

.... Louder!

• @robosardine said:

@reasOne said:
    we need drum computer!

.... Louder!

WE NEED DRUM COMPUTER!!!!

• All I can say is Drum Computer is great on my laptop :) (Yes, I lost the battle trying to hold out for the iOS version!)

• @Artj said:
    All I can say is Drum Computer is great on my laptop :) (Yes, I lost the battle trying to hold out for the iOS version!)

I’m thinking about that myself. It’s everything I could ever want in a drum machine (not including sampling of course). I’ve just written to them to ask if it is coming to iOS.... if it’s not then I won’t be hanging around.

• edited October 2020

Yeah, DrumComputer will be one of the apps of the year when it arrives. :)

• @robosardine said:

@Artj said:
    All I can say is Drum Computer is great on my laptop :) (Yes, I lost the battle trying to hold out for the iOS version!)

I’m thinking about that myself. It’s everything I could ever want in a drum machine (not including sampling of course). I’ve just written to them to ask if it is coming to iOS.... if it’s not then I won’t be hanging around.

They answered this question in a Facebook post. They are working on it. I didn’t have the photo of the post anymore, but I think they told us it will come with the version 2.0 😈

• @DarkAum said:

@robosardine said:

@Artj said:

They answered this question in a Facebook post. They are working on it. I didn’t have the photo of the post anymore, but I think they told us it will come with the version 2.0 😈

Yes I remember that - at first I had thought it was speculative based more on secondhand rumours but I’ve just seen the post from Nadine saying it is definitely on its way to iOS. She said possibly sometime next year and that was a bought ten months ago. Did you mean version 1.2? - that’s out now - I see it has a sample mode with it!
    All this adds up to.... according to my calculations...... 🤔 its probably coming to iOS sometime next week!...... maybe Tuesday 😃

• My guess is it still has too much of a new app smell for you to see it on your devices just yet. They may well be done porting it over, but I don't think they'll risk leaving money on the table by releasing it on iOS until desktop sales have petered out. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the new year so they can sell to all the desktop fence sitters in a Xmas sale first.

• edited October 2020

@aaronpc said:
    My guess is it still has too much of a new app smell for you to see it on your devices just yet. They may well be done porting it over, but I don't think they'll risk leaving money on the table by releasing it on iOS until desktop sales have petered out. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the new year so they can sell to all the desktop fence sitters in a Xmas sale first.

Sadly that would seem to make perfect business sense, unless they put a good stiff price tag on the iOS version of course. I would be happy to fork out a hefty chunk for it. I wonder if they will take a sackfull of assorted iOS drum machine apps in part exchange? I am just going to wait for it I think, especially as I’ve just realised that the PC version doesn’t have Ableton Link.