Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone having problems with a mouse on iOs 13?

Enough is enough. I thought it was me but what the heck... I'm really pissed.

I have an old apple mouse (usb 1 maybe... I really don't know but it's very old) and since ios13 I can't make it work properly. It just get sticky, doesnt react, make strange movements.... it is IMPOSSIBLE to work like this.

The question here is just a simple and straight one: is anyone having problems with any mouse on ios13?

If it is just me then I will consider to buy a new mouse and throw this shit apple mouse to the fire.

I've had enough. It makes my workflow slow as hell.

Comments

• Is it a wired or less mouse?

If your wireless I did see some people have problems. Google for the solution.

I used a wired mouse and it works well. The only exception is when my daw usage start to get in the upper range of my cpu usage.

• edited May 2020

@ecou said:
    Is it a wired or less mouse?

If your wireless I did see some people have problems. Google for the solution.

I used a wired mouse and it works well. The only exception is when my daw usage start to get in the upper range of my cpu usage.

Sorry. Yes.. it is a wired white mouse from the old apple g4. It worked fine until ios13 and I tried everything. Hard reset on ipad. Still the same weird behaviour. Tried to modify the controls inside the iOS mouse support.... and it still doesnt do nothing.

Let's put an example. The "pinch" function does not work... only 5% of the time.

Another example. When you touch with one click with the mouse a part of the screen it just get "sticky"... the part gets selected and moves with the mouse.

I looked for internet and I can't find anything related to.

• Using a Logitech wireless cheap af mouse with a little USB c to USB dongle and never had any problems with it. It’s actually really cool. So free yourself from the wires

• Wireless is typically infrared, Bluetooth is the best option

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Wireless is typically infrared, Bluetooth is the best option

Ok. Then I am BT ;)
    IR is so 90s

• It is. Lol

• I’ve recently been searching for a Bluetooth wireless mouse for my iPad 6 and while searching I noticed some of them are labeled as wireless but are not Bluetooth. So I guess infrared still lives.

• edited May 2020

Have you tried using the mouse with something else, for a few hours, to give it a chance to misbehave? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the mouse died around the same time as iOS 13 was released.

• tjatja
    edited May 2020

I had no problems with my MX Anywhere 2, first version.

And while i strongly prefer cabled mouse and keyboard for PC, BlueTooth is finally the only real working way for an iPad.
    At least, when not also using an USB hub and other stuff.

And yes, test this mouse elsewhere!

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

No mouse problems here. It's not as fluid with a BT mouse as it is with wired or wireless with a USB dongle, but it's manageable.

• I use a pretty cheap usb mouse and haven’t had any problems with it that I’ve noticed

• @david_2017 said:
    Using a Logitech wireless cheap af mouse with a little USB c to USB dongle and never had any problems with it. It’s actually really cool. So free yourself from the wires

I just bought one right now. Cheap one and so far is behaving good. Cubasis 3 still has some strangeness... but I can live with that.

• @ashh said:
    Have you tried using the mouse with something else, for a few hours, to give it a chance to misbehave? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the mouse died around the same time as iOS 13 was released.

I don't have a laptop or desktop... so I can't try. But it happened after ios13 I'm sure about that.

• I noticed some problems, after upgrading to 13.5

I have "Touch Assistence" enabled, and when using the mouse to switch between screens, when moving Apps or for example when dragging down in the App Store to refresh the updates, the mouse get's stuck somehow.

I can then only move the mouse cursor around and do nothing, sometimes it helps to press "Esc" on the keyboard or the "Home" button mapped on a mouse key. Sometime i need to wait.

Last time i could simply not move an App into a folder, it got stuck to the mouse pointer.

I finally resorted to move it with my finger.

Oh, Apple.

• @tja said:
    I noticed some problems, after upgrading to 13.5

I have "Touch Assistence" enabled, and when using the mouse to switch between screens, when moving Apps or for example when dragging down in the App Store to refresh the updates, the mouse get's stuck somehow.

I can then only move the mouse cursor around and do nothing, sometimes it helps to press "Esc" on the keyboard or the "Home" button mapped on a mouse key. Sometime i need to wait.

Last time i could simply not move an App into a folder, it got stuck to the mouse pointer.

I finally resorted to move it with my finger.

Oh, Apple.

At least someone.... my God.

I thought I was the only one on this fuckin world having problems with the mouse on ipad.

I have the same situation. It just get stuck on a point and if you move the mouse the "selected" point moves around with the mouse. You can click and nothing happens.... so sometimes you have to move the mouse to the corner and click there to unselect. The thing is... You didnt select nothing on first instance!!!

Now my other mouse doesnt work. This is very weird stuff.

• Which iPad are you on ?
    Mouse is near unusable on an Air2 here, i suspect that it is much more geared towards the newer hardware and pros, so there is some kind of mouse catchment area mismatch, it felt like the mouse was constantly stuck in something, magic mouse and various wired mice.

• tjatja
    edited May 2020

I am on iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen.

Going to attach a video, for those who cannot imagine.

• tjatja
    edited May 2020

Am i too stupid to understand Dropbox?

It forces me to add an email, name or group as "To:".
    Otherwise i cannot upload at all!

And if i enter "x", it just replies that it cannot find such a Dropbox contact.

Speechless.

EDIT:

Also could not find any "uploaded" button or something similar (The "Create" button also allows uploads... bad naming)

Finally, i resorted to using the Photos App in splitview and used drag-and-drop, which worked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rchtcpjp72twqwu/RPReplay_Final1590328797.mp4?dl=0
    or
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rchtcpjp72twqwu/RPReplay_Final1590328797.mp4?dl=1

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@tja said:

Speechless.

if you scroll down and use "Save to Dropbox" rather than the Dropbox icon, it skips that nonsense.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

Speechless.

if you scroll down and use "Save to Dropbox" rather than the Dropbox icon, it skips that nonsense.

Ahhhh.

Oh @Wim :) :) :)

You´re my savior!

Many many thanks!
    I was already short of deleting the App from all my devices :smiley:

• 👍🏼