Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does Audiobus work with Nembrini amps/effects?

Hi all, I am wanting to use the Nembrini amps and effects in either AUM or Audiobus. I have seen videos from the author of Nembrini in which he is using AUM, but his apps are not in the compatible list for Audiobus. So, do they work with Audiobus?

On a related issue, does anyone know if the Nembrini apps are controllable by using MIDI control messages? If not, do either AUM and Audiobus have the ability to receive MIDI CC messages in order to bypass specific effects in the chain?

p.s. My setup is an iPad with an Xtone USB I/O unit (unit has three footswitches that send momentary MIDI CC messages)

Comments

• Yes they work with Audiobus. I mostly use AUM, and in AUM you can map MIDI CC and program change to certain parameters of most AUv3s. In AUM, open the settings and then hit MIDI Control.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

Yes, they will work just great.

Any Audio Unit (AUv3) plugin should work with Audiobus. AUv3 apps aren't specifically listed as compatible unless they also have standalone (IAA) versions. You'll need the Audiobus MIDI Learn IAP to make use of your foot switch to control the apps though.

• @wim, do you need to make a similar IAP purchase in order to have the same midi functionality in AUM, or is it already baked-in?

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@SNystrom said:
    @wim, do you need to make a similar IAP purchase in order to have the same midi functionality in AUM, or is it already baked-in?

Baked in. The IAP is only $3, so slightly less expensive for Audiobus.

• Thanks!

• 👍🏼

• @mjcouche said:
    Yes they work with Audiobus. I mostly use AUM, and in AUM you can map MIDI CC and program change to certain parameters of most AUv3s. In AUM, open the settings and then hit MIDI Control.

Thanks MJ, I was hoping to see that.

@wim said:
    Yes, they will work just great.

Any Audio Unit (AUv3) plugin should work with Audiobus. AUv3 apps aren't specifically listed as compatible unless they also have standalone (IAA) versions. You'll need the Audiobus MIDI Learn IAP to make use of your foot switch to control the apps though.

Thanks Wim that makes sense.

• @jonnycat : what Audiobus compatibility refers to in the Audiobus database is whether standalone apps implement the Audiobus API which allows things like state-saving for standalone apps used in an Audiobus project and some other things.

As others said, any AUv3 will be usable inside Audiobus.