Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Revisiting Sector (video example)!

edited May 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

If you're like me, you probably have tens and maybe hundreds of apps on your device that you hardly, if ever, use. Not because they're not good but simply because I have way more apps than I have time to use them!

Once in a while I revisit those "forgotten" apps and I finally delete some or rediscover a great app. Yesterday, I stumbled upon such a forgotten gem: Sector by Kymatica, It's definitely a keeper and I will get back to it.

I made this short video but Sector offers a lot more than what is shown here. It may seem daunting at first but it's not too complex if you learn one feature at once. I really enjoyed the FLP button that makes the slices play backward without reversing the audio.

Sample used is from my Memory Collection 07 - Crime Movies, sounds from Public Domain crime/detective movies.

Comments

• thnx! i mite get it to support dev

• sector is an awesome app. loading up amen break etc gets some really interesting results.

• I love Sector! One of my top ten music apps

• edited May 2020

I got Sector only a couple months ago and I love it. It’s great to throw something into it and start crafting. Nice post.

• @noob said:
    thnx! i mite get it to support dev

You're welcome!
    I also have 2 of the other Kymatica apps AUM and AudioShare. I don't use AUM that much but it's a powerful app that I want to use more too. On the other hand, as a sample designer, I use AudioShare a lot to move my samples from my computer to the iPad, store them on it and share them between various apps!

@shinyisshiny and bennorland: thanks for your comments!

@kinkujin said:
    I got Sector only a couple months ago and I love it. It’s great to throw something into it and start crafting. Nice post.

Glad you liked the post, thanks!