Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm looking for a midi controller (knobs) to use with my Keystep

Does this works with iPad (see picture below)?

I can't see if this device is midi class compliant. I was looking for the Novation Control XL, but the knobs looks so cheaps.

If you have suggestion, let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2020

Ive been using a MidiFighter Twister. Four pages of 16 endless-encoder buttons. Customizable rotary function (knob 1-127, -64 - 64, multiple notes in “superknob” mode), assignable color, reactive to midi with special effects on the leds (like blinking or changing)... It’s midi class compliant and bus powered :)

https://www.midifighter.com/#Twister

• edited May 2020

Midi fighter twister ✔️

For comparison
    The LCXL knobs aren’t as bad as you think (I have one) and there’s is software (and a forum thread) that will let you extend it for iOS.

60 Knobs by bastl is worth a look

There’s also a faderfox box or two that would work. Look for a loopop video on YouTube

• Arturia Beatstep good for me. I got a Novation Launch Control at the same time, but preferred the Beatstep as the pads were velocity sensitive.

Evolution X-session also good if you can find one.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Midi fighter twister ✔️

For comparison
    The LCXL knobs aren’t as bad as you think (I have one) and there’s is software (and a forum thread) that will let you extend it for iOS.

60 Knobs by bastl is worth a look

There’s also a faderfox box or two that would work. Look for a loopop video on YouTube

I’ve been looking at these Midi Fighter twister for a minute , they look the best quality but they seem to be sold out all the time?

Looks really good quality but a bit expensive for some knobs... I really want some high quality knobs though as well.
    Anybody here actually own one?

• edited May 2020

Korg Nanopad2 on one end

Faderfox controls on the other

Everything else is just noise.
    (kidding!)

Midifightertwister - they're largely out of business/can't seem to afford to make any updates, so hopefully it works for you. I looked into it for awhile then backed away.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Korg Nanopad2 on one end

(kidding!)

Midifightertwister - they're largely out of business/can't seem to afford to make any updates, so hopefully it works for you. I looked into it for awhile then backed away.

How are they largely out of business?

• A regular Beatstep would be a good bet too.

Sequencer, memory slots, 16 knobs, & velocity sensitive pads, for $100 or less.

• @audiblevideo said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    Korg Nanopad2 on one end

(kidding!)

How are they largely out of business?

Unless things have changed in the last 6 months or so, they had no money to make firmware updates.

• @audiblevideo said:
    A regular Beatstep would be a good bet too.

Sequencer, memory slots, 16 knobs, & velocity sensitive pads, for $100 or less.

I sold my Beaststep a couple of months ago. I don't know why. Looks like I'm gonna buy a new one soon. For the price, the build quality is unbeatable.

The midi fighter twister is sexy, but I can't find one.