Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Fabfilter releases Saturn 2

Comments

• edited May 2020

This is for the original, but well worth 5 minutes of your time:

• @richardyot I have watched the Dan Worrell FabFilter demos several times to get as many techniques as I could, their priceless. On YouTube the FabFilter channel & Dan's own channel have loads of videos with badass stuff on them, just tons of info to learn.

About Saturn 2: I checked the FabFilter forum and saw this was really the only mention re: an AUv3 iOS version...

I'm not gonna hold my breath too long; I don't know what FF's game plan is since they DID release their last new release plug in that wasn't just an update, Pro R, to Auria but not to iOS AUv3 (yet.)

Whether it's only in Auria's store or a full AUv3 I would personally love having Saturn 2 available.

• I only just worked out that Saturn is a kind of abbreviation of ‘saturation”.

• @qryss said:
    I only just worked out that Saturn is a kind of abbreviation of ‘saturation”.

Lol me too

• @JRSIV said:
    I don't know what FF's game plan is since they DID release their last new release plug in that wasn't just an update, Pro R, to Auria but not to iOS AUv3 (yet.)

I’m confused, is Auria's version newer than the regular AUv3?

• @NoiseFloored said:

@JRSIV said:
    I don't know what FF's game plan is since they DID release their last new release plug in that wasn't just an update, Pro R, to Auria but not to iOS AUv3 (yet.)

Oh shit, my mistake. I forgot Pro R is on AUv3 too! I bought the AUv3 bundle and since I use Auria most of the time I used the “Auria versions” of FabFilter’s plugs most of the time, so I spaced Pro R was available for AUv3. Sorry brother.

My point was they have released some on Auria (literally years ago) and haven’t released them on AUV3. The Pro Suite of plugins is available but Saturn, Timeless, Volcano, etc are still just on Auria.

I hope the Pro plugins have sold as well as I think they should have, because they really are essential. There could be a very valid argument made that just the FabFilter AU’s and a DAW (Cubasis, Auria, BM3, etc) is all you really need to create music on this platform, and not just create but get excellent results of those creations.

Short of sending multiple emails & spamming their social media I guess we just have to wait & see...

• The FabFilter synths would be nice as AUv3s as well...

• I am going to stop reading anything about Saturn 2 now that we know it’s not coming to iOS, like, tomorrow! It is much too much to bear...

• edited May 2020

@JRSIV you missed his second reply. I’m quite optimistic they’re working on it right now :)

• My poor wallet.

• Ooooh - pretty near future, awesome! I hope the rest of the creative plugins, especially Timeless 2, make it over as well.

• That's great, also really hope they make them all universal one day too :)

• @richardyot said:
    Ooooh - pretty near future, awesome! I hope the rest of the creative plugins, especially Timeless 2, make it over as well.

Right?! Man I didn’t ask Rim at the Auria forum, he’s generally pretty mum about stuff. Plus I think the AU version of Pro Q3 came first right? I forget. I seem to remember though that Pro L2 came to Auria fairly quickly after it launched.

We are such junkies...get all hyped up for a new app and then when it “drops” as the kids say & the weeklong honeymoon is over it joins the 200 other apps that are excellent but not used to often...

• @JRSIV said:

@richardyot said:
    Ooooh - pretty near future, awesome! I hope the rest of the creative plugins, especially Timeless 2, make it over as well.

Right?! Man I didn’t ask Rim at the Auria forum, he’s generally pretty mum about stuff. Plus I think the AU version of Pro Q3 came first right? I forget. I seem to remember though that Pro L2 came to Auria fairly quickly after it launched.

We are such junkies...get all hyped up for a new app and then when it “drops” as the kids say & the weeklong honeymoon is over it joins the 200 other apps that are excellent but not used to often...

Actually Pro Q3 was never released as an Auria-only IAP.

I think Pro R and Pro L2 were the final Auria native FF plugins, by the time Pro Q3 came out FF said they would only release new plugins as AUV3, rather than release them as Auria native, I think the rationale they used was that AUv3 was the future and more open anyway, which makes sense.

• Great news here! Better start saving up ;)

• edited May 2020

@Carnbot said:
    That's great, also really hope they make them all universal one day too :)

Yeah that would be great! If all the TB stuff is universal with fairly similar interfaces pretty sure the FF stuff can also be made iPhone compatible.

• @jacou said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah that would be great! If all the TB stuff is universal with fairly similar interfaces pretty sure the FF stuff can also be made iPhone compatible.

Yeah I can understand it's a small market, but since getting a larger iphone, now I want them :)

• edited May 2020

@Carnbot said:

@jacou said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah I can understand it's a small market, but since getting a larger iphone, now I want them :)

I mainly use Pro-Q3 in AUM on iPad for my guitar sound. When playing live I’d love to just fire up the AUM session on my phone as I don’t really have to interact with the screen and just have it as a „DSP“ in my pocket while playing. So I’d be fine with having a direct copy of the FF iPad stuff on my iPhone. But that’s just me :)

• I was ready to buy it on release day. I still haven’t. It’s more for tweakers - lots of control. But that’s not me when I reach for saturation and distortion usually. And if it is, I already have tools.

I may get it on sale. My price is $107, which is $30 less than current retail pricing. I’d be more tempted at $75 or less.

• @JRSIV said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@JRSIV said:

Oh shit, my mistake. I forgot Pro R is on AUv3 too! I bought the AUv3 bundle and since I use Auria most of the time I used the “Auria versions” of FabFilter’s plugs most of the time, so I spaced Pro R was available for AUv3. Sorry brother.

Aaah got it, no worries, I guess my FOMO just kicked in :D

• @Carnbot said:

@jacou said:

@Carnbot said:

OT, but I’d lose my sh*t if Sugarbytes Turnado, etc came out for the larger iPhones! Of course FF’s Saturn 2 would be v.welcome too.. 😺🎛📲

• Not part of the pro bundle (yet?). Hopefully it will be added. If not it stays 30€

• Nice :)
    Not part of the bundle though, which I kind of expected.

• Somebody needs to tell @dendy !!!

oh wait... I just did!

• Will check some videos and then I have something for this years blackfridaysaleextravaganza

• The bundle seems to have gone back up in price to 120, hoping they might decide to add it....

• @tk32 said:
    Somebody needs to tell @dendy !!!

oh wait... I just did!

holy shit !!!! aaaahhgrr ...

thanks for head up, #purchased

• Or someone needs to tell @White :)

• edited June 2020

this looks like a complex beastie! annoying they made it 99 pence more than a £25 gift card :)