Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FX apps similar to Sugarbytes Apps?

Ive got Turnado and Effectrix from sugarbytes, looking for something a little different to spice things up a bit. Auv3 of course :smile:

Comments

• Hate to say it but drambo. You can definitely get there just with parameter locks etc.

• @bcrichards definitely true! ive been using drambo a lot as just an FX unit. Its great to be able to build your own. Still looking for other "plug and play" options for FX.

• Sugar bytes effects are very hard to beat- they pack a load- there are several others they make that you might want to consider? I’m a big fan of Looperator- it is quite different to Effectrix. They also have WOW and Egoist to consider.
    Aside from them for a sprinkle of the magic dust in AU format you could also have a look at Glitchcore, Perforator, Frekvens, MM1 Mutemaster, Grind, Electrogene and Replicant2

• @shinyisshiny said:
    Ive got Turnado and Effectrix from sugarbytes, looking for something a little different to spice things up a bit. Auv3 of course :smile:

Looperator is a little different and still has that sweet Sugar Bytes smell. Maybe not different enough?

• edited May 2020

Virsyn effects for me. I was pleasantly surprised with Harmony Eight and Voxsyn Pro. I do have Effectrix as my Sugarbytes effect of choice.

As far as all in one effects that are modular and can be switched LIVE, I'd say Koala Sampler as an FX (currently IAA but the developer has plans for an AUv3 version). If you can't wait, check out the effects in L7- looper.

Also, Modley by Klevgrand allows you to build your own effects chain, and you can tweak them internally. Imagine making 5 different effects chain, selecting a different state, and dialing the knobs based on your needs.

Filterstep is a recently released one that is free, and it does have a few that you can change in AUv3 mode. You can save static states to allow up to 16 transitions but it shines when it's loaded as a standalone app.

I also post a few more tips and tricks on my YouTube channel at #SEONN (seonnthaproducer).

• Möbius Lab. One of the few IAA apps I still use.

• awesome, thanks for the ideas everyone!

• iLEP, elastic FX, Flux liquid audio, Wretch up are all on my list. Möbius lab is high on my list, too.

• Maybe we put replicant2 from Audiodamage also in this recommendation list?

• Also: flux:fx and the new Classic FX

• Moebius Lab, Elastic FX, iLep if you don't mind IAA. If u like glitchy type things, definitely Wov and Glitchcore. I mean Effectrix and Turnado do so many different things. K7D does a lot of mad shit. I could see u liking that one.

• edited May 2020

Replicant 2. Modley does a lot.

• Self-plug: If you like AUM and you have a nice collection of AUv3 effects, you can use Scatterbrain to turn your effects into a custom Effectrix-like setup.

• @brambos said:
    Self-plug: If you like AUM and you have a nice collection of AUv3 effects, you can use Scatterbrain to turn your effects into a custom Effectrix-like setup.

And much more varied and flexible than Effectrix.

• @richardyot said:

@brambos said:
    Self-plug: If you like AUM and you have a nice collection of AUv3 effects, you can use Scatterbrain to turn your effects into a custom Effectrix-like setup.

And much more varied and flexible than Effectrix.

I was thinking, " Oh, it's probably some uber expensive app." Then I googled it. $3.99? What?

• @brambos good point!

• @brambos said:

I’ve been kind of waiting for the single/mono only option update. I think you were quite taken by the idea during a forum discussion- is there any movement on that one?

• edited May 2020

What! A Bram Bos app that I didn't know about? Let's remedy that with a friday purchase.

• @brambos i love scatterbrain!! such a fun one. Been using it on vocal pads and turns it into strange radiohead Kid A madness. thanks for all of the great apps!