Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact IAP Instruments 50% Off

For those interested - as a Reason user, I’m probably diving in

Comments

• @jjkjjk said:

Reason Compact is nothing like Reason, is it?

• @rs2000 said:

@jjkjjk said:

Reason Compact is nothing like Reason, is it?

not at all. 8 bar limit. one instance one of each instrument 🤷🏻‍♂️ europa is really good tho i wish it was auv3

• I wish we could have a second Europa track. Great synth and really versatile. And 16 bars. Then it would be really useful.

• edited May 2020

Second all of this - all three instruments are super high quality, but wish you could do more with them

• It always seemed a daft decision to make these work on IOS and then cripple them with all the limitations.

• edited May 2020

@PhilW said:
    It always seemed a daft decision to make these work on IOS and then cripple them with all the limitations.

Heard - same w iMaschine . . . Incredible samples, ultra limited functionality

• price reduction possibly in response to the new horizon synth in groovebox? :p

• Current Reason Compact In-App Purchases

Europa Synth $4.99
    Rytmik Drum Machine $4.99
    Sad Girl Tool Kit $0.99
    Grimey UKbass $0.99
    Ambient Dream $0.99
    Melodic Keys $0.99
    Electronic Components Vol.1 $0.99
    Nature $0.99
    Celestial Atmospheres $0.99
    Characteristic Elements $0.99

They are still protecting their cash cow and recommend Compact to "Get a better understanding of a DAW to take your music further on desktop".

I'm going to test it's IAA support in AUM and see if I want to give them a few bucks to open the door further to their assets for IOS Users rather than trying to convert us.

• So all this talk about the Europa Synth has me interested.

Is this something I can use in AUM, Cubasis 3, and GarbageBand, or is it an awesome synth locked in an eight-bar prison cell?

• I presume the only real use for this app is to create loops than can be exported for use elsewhere??

• @kingvidorfan said:
    price reduction possibly in response to the new horizon synth in groovebox? :p

haha bingo

• OK... I turned on all the extras:
    Europa + Arp + Chords
    Monotone (Bass Synth)
    Rytmik Drum Machine

and a bunch of sound packs for each. I think I could produce a lot of music with automated genres in this.

Made and recorded in AUM (using a single IAA Reason Compact instance) and some MIDI sequences (not really needed with the piano roll sequencer in Reason activated but it convinces me I can make set up something interesting in Reason and recall it via AUM and build in or on top of it. Using all my other toys.

This is just Reason and all sounds and FX and 80% of the sequencing. I didn't dive back into Reason and change much but when you do you can really change everything so the IAP screen swap is a small penalty.

They just make great synths... what can I say? We want to feed them to keep opening the doors to their assets, right?

• edited May 2020

@SNystrom said:
    So all this talk about the Europa Synth has me interested.

Is this something I can use in AUM, Cubasis 3, and GarbageBand, or is it an awesome synth locked in an eight-bar prison cell?

LOL at "Garbage" Band. Not hating...just thought it was hilarious.

Reason is locked in a prison cell, similar to Gadget 2. But that's also not a bad thing. Groovebox is locked to a cell. I just wish that I was able to get stems individually from reason without having to record 3- times from Audiobus.

Multi stem export would do wonders for this app. And if they decide to make it AUv3, then it'll complete the cycle.

• @McD said:
    OK... I turned on all the extras:
    Europa + Arp + Chords
    Monotone (Bass Synth)
    Rytmik Drum Machine

and a bunch of sound packs for each. I think I could produce a lot of music with automated genres in this.

Made and recorded in AUM (using a single IAA Reason Compact instance) and some MIDI sequences (not really needed with the piano roll sequencer in Reason activated but it convinces me I can make set up something interesting in Reason and recall it via AUM and build in or on top of it. Using all my other toys.

This is just Reason and all sounds and FX and 80% of the sequencing. I didn't dive back into Reason and change much but when you do you can really change everything so the IAP screen swap is a small penalty.

They just make great synths... what can I say? We want to feed them to keep opening the doors to their assets, right?

Wow, that is awesome. I wonder if I can use Xequence or Nanostudio to send multi MIDI channels into it.
    I decided to test it with MF Keyboard (in Portrait Mode - to support 3 keyboards on my iPad 6th Gen) on Audiobus 3 (because I haven’t mastered AUM).

Here’s what I found:

It works. End of story.

(Okay, it does work. You need to make sure you at least have a project open. Here’s some pictures and the patch I made.)

http://preset.audiob.us/I7LAL1VrQrVeFP9

• Thanks, @Samflash3! Sometime that's how I feel about GarageBand, but I hope I haven't created a new forum nickname for it.

Like most apps, there are things I love, and things I hate. Was just in "hater mode" there. 🙃

Thanks for the info on the Europa lock-down. I'll take a pass on it for now, but hopefully it will be jail-breaked in the future for all of us to enjoy!

• @SNystrom said:
    Thanks, @Samflash3! Sometime that's how I feel about GarageBand, but I hope I haven't created a new forum nickname for it.

Like most apps, there are things I love, and things I hate. Was just in "hater mode" there. 🙃

Thanks for the info on the Europa lock-down. I'll take a pass on it for now, but hopefully it will be jail-breaked in the future for all of us to enjoy!

Just updated the post with a sweet tip that could “help” change your view on it. Disclaimer: I don’t work for Reason, but I really want Reason to take iOS a bit more seriously.

• 👍🏻

• As I’m transitioning back to Reason, this has piqued my interest. The export from Compact to Desktop works really really well. If I was only using it for the app it would be a pass I think.

• A rare ‘not for me’ this one.