Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPhone App to map upward/downward velocity values spread across a keyboard?

Hey y'all, haven't had much luck doing a search on this topic - I want to make lower notes louder and the higher notes softer when playing a midi keyboard. Something that can map velocity values from the keys C1-C5 as slowly decreasing from 127 to 70 for example. Also, has to be an IPhone app, thanks!

Comments

• I had to get a Bome Box to do that--saved my life.

On iPad, Midiflow says it does velocity remapping. I bought it, but I haven't tested it out yet. Post here if it works for you.

• You need keytrack to velocity modifier . Maybe a Mozaic or Streambyter preset would help.
    I’m sure someone will offer to write a patch , but if not I could write in PureData and load it in PdParty (not AU) app .

• edited May 2020

That's one of the few useful things that Victor Porof's MIDI Tools can do:

Edit: Sorry, I should have read your question patiently 😅
    His "MIDI Key Zone" plugin does something like that but it's iPad only.

MidiFlow is good, it runs on iPhone and it's a good compromise between complexity and features. You will need the Controller Remapping IAP.
    For AUv3 use I'd pick StreamByter.

• edited May 2020

• Appreciate all the replies - I purchased Midiflow and I see note remapping and velocity remapping options by themselves, but how would you remap velocities based on note values?

• @wholefoods666 said:
    Appreciate all the replies - I purchased Midiflow and I see note remapping and velocity remapping options by themselves, but how would you remap velocities based on note values?

I don't know--I was hoping you'd report on everything and save me time when I get to Midifow!

Seriously, I'm working out issues with my hardware Bome Box and need to work on some configs to interface it with my iPad. It could be weeks until I get to Midiflow, but an all-iPad configuration might be nice. So I'm following this thread.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

I don't know if you have Mozaic or not, but if you do, then this script should work. (No pressure or obligation to buy Mozaic or use the script. I just wrote it for fun.)

@Description
    Scale Velocity by Note

Set "V0" to the velocity you want the lowest note (note 0) to play.Set "v127" to the velocity note 127 should play. Velocity will be scaled linearly between the two velocities across the note range.

Script idea by Audiobus forum member @wholefoods666
    @End

@OnLoad
      if Unassigned init
        init = YES
        v_note0 = 127
        v_note127 = 70
        SetKnobValue 0,v_note0
        SetKnobValue 1,v_note127
        Call @KnobLabels
      endif

LabelKnobs { }