Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What happened to Korg Gadget?

Anyone know if this has been abandoned?

No updates for yonks..

Comments

• I'm guessing they are just prepping another update or something.
    They could be waiting for JUCE6 to drop which makes it easier to do AUv3s...
    (JUCE6 will drop sometime in June 2020).

• @Samu said:
    I'm guessing they are just prepping another update or something.

Thanks for this info. Haven't kept up to date with JUCE. Got JUCE 5 working but I've been learning C++ (slowly)

• @davis_korgrd might be able to provide some answers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @davis_korgrd might be able to provide some answers.

If he's allowed...
    There was another Korg dev here as well but I've forgotten his nick.
    (I'm too busy enjoying the new Logic Pro X update and my iPad is mostly acting as Logic Remote).

But if Korg drops something similar to the new Quick Sampler that is present in Logic for Gadget I'll be all over it :D

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

If he's allowed...
    (I'm too busy enjoying the new Logic Pro X update and my iPad is mostly acting as Logic Remote).

But if Korg drops something similar to the new Quick Sampler that is present in Logic for Gadget I'll be all over it :D

That'd be great. :) Me, I'm waiting for Triton to be released on iOS (which hopefully will come in AU format as well as be Gadget compatible). That will tempt me to redownload the Korg infrastructure to my iPad once again. 😂

• Sheeeit I’m over here waiting for that iKaossilator update/sequel that I just KNOW is imminent

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

He hasn’t been here in 2 months. Korg is best to reach on social media.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @db909 said:
    Sheeeit I’m over here waiting for that iKaossilator update/sequel that I just KNOW is imminent

• abandoned. unfortunately. Maybe they are convinced that the system works perfect and there is nothing to change

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

If he's allowed...

That'd be great. :) Me, I'm waiting for Triton to be released on iOS (which hopefully will come in AU format as well as be Gadget compatible). That will tempt me to redownload the Korg infrastructure to my iPad once again. 😂

they first announced about Triton on their social media accounts for apps and then told that there is no plans for Triton for iOS

• KORG ELECTRIBE Wave was released as AUv3 a few months ago. Perhaps some other plugins are in the pipe.

• I abandoned it for sure when they broke cross compatibility unless you pay the $99 mac upgrade for a new color theme and a useless midi gadget. They burned all their existing mac users with that deal.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

If he's allowed...

they first announced about Triton on their social media accounts for apps and then told that there is no plans for Triton for iOS

That sucks. It would fit perfectly in Gadget.

• @jenkweb said:
    I abandoned it for sure when they broke cross compatibility unless you pay the $99 mac upgrade for a new color theme and a useless midi gadget. They burned all their existing mac users with that deal.

I just paid that ransom the other day so I can use MS20, Polysix & Electribe Wave Gadgets as plugins in Pro Tools and Ableton. Not to mention those are all obviously paid for add ons even in iOS gadget.

At least I can say that’s the first Korg software I’ve ever purchased not on a 50% sale- so there’s that...

• They are planning the release of Madrid as a stand-alone module. Not really, but a boy can dream, can’t he?
    I would even buy it all over again.

• Still use Gadget daily so hope they haven’t abandoned. Maybe they’re busy at making their apps AU? Don’t care personally as I use Gadget as ‘daw’, but know others want it.
    I’d rather see them fix the dreaded cpu heat/battery problem.

Also wouldn’t say no to a full featured sampler or Triton :)

• I hate word "if" or "maybe". For me the fact that they are not available for users (Like in Roland Zenbeats) makes them few levels lower and I can't plan anything with them :(

• edited May 2020

on desktop it is totally normal that big company which develops DAW is for year or mote totally silent, do not inform customers about progress a much, do not give any deadlines, and then simply releases new version....

Just iOS users are a bit like spoiled kids, because of some intensively communicating devs sharing their ideas during process of development, waiting for information almost on daily basis .. but it is not duty of dev to inform customers about next releases in any way .. as i said, at desktop it's very normal practice that after a more or less long period of radio silence is released new version ...

• :D Nice!
    These are not the Gadget developers though :#

• @Samu said:
    I'm guessing they are just prepping another update or something.

A month ago, ROLI sold JUCE to Pace, the company behind iLok. I wonder what that means for JUCE. Probably, nothing bad but you never know

• @dendy said:
    on desktop it is totally normal that big company which develops DAW is for year or mote totally silent, do not inform customers about progress a much, do not give any deadlines, and then simply releases new version....

Just iOS users are a bit like spoiled kids, because of some intensively communicating devs sharing their ideas during process of development, waiting for information almost on daily basis .. but it is not duty of dev to inform customers about next releases in any way .. as i said, at desktop it's very normal practice that after a more or less long period of radio silence is released new version ...

I agree with this. It’s funny that just a few months after a new plugin was added into the app people already consider it abandoned here. It’s not even been 6 months yet.... I’m used to waiting years for updates on the desktop.

• As a comparison both Gadget and Cubasis are pretty well maintained compared to BM3...
    Some thought Logic Pro X was 'abandoned' and BOOM we got a super nice update :D

• @rs2000 said:

:D Nice!

Yeah, that's Tats & Co. but I was happy to for the discovery. Thanks @BiancaNeve :)

Steering back on topic, no news for a few months doesn't mean it's been abandoned, like Steve Albini's food blog has been. Gadget is likely the most successful music app, financially speaking, which is why I'm not holding my breath for any bold moves like releasing the gadgets as AU synths. When you're boxed in Gadget, they've got you, and they know that. Most of their customers won't be power users, anyway. The bosses will look at big sheets of meaningful numbers and fear them becoming smaller if they fuck up, and not want to risk anything. It's a corporate cash cow, not a playful experiment. You don't let your cash cow die. You milk it and put it in a field, and then milk it again the next day.

Developing the new standalone apps as AU (KEW and whatever comes next) seems to be the compromise. I expect they'll only go back and rework the older stuff if there's a compelling argument that it'll make them money.

• @colonel_mustard said:

@rs2000 said:

Yeah, that's Tats & Co. but I was happy to for the discovery. Thanks @BiancaNeve :)

Steering back on topic, no news for a few months doesn't mean it's been abandoned, like Steve Albini's food blog has been. Gadget is likely the most successful music app, financially speaking, which is why I'm not holding my breath for any bold moves like releasing the gadgets as AU synths. When you're boxed in Gadget, they've got you, and they know that. Most of their customers won't be power users, anyway. The bosses will look at big sheets of meaningful numbers and fear them becoming smaller if they fuck up, and not want to risk anything. It's a corporate cash cow, not a playful experiment. You don't let your cash cow die. You milk it and put it in a field, and then milk it again the next day.

Developing the new standalone apps as AU (KEW and whatever comes next) seems to be the compromise. I expect they'll only go back and rework the older stuff if there's a compelling argument that it'll make them money.

I'm going to take a step back of all this controversial BS statements (yeah, I went there) and head in the other direction. Developing an app is not an easy undertaking and if Gadget wanted to keep you locked in, they could have changed it to a subscription model. Again, their Monopoly synth is really really good for a mobile device. It's not a preset pack. It's the modernized version of the real thing. Not to mention their other excellent apps, even if some of them are hit or miss to me.

Does it mean that Korg is Robinhood that gives free stuff to us broke ass musicians? Hell, no. They are a business and if a business doesn't make money, they can't work on other projects. If they do decide to migrate to subscription, then we'll revisit the topic. As consumers, though, we vote with our wallets.

I am by no means a Korg fanboy. Maybe Gadget gets updated, maybe it doesn't. But I paid for a product because I liked the features it had at the time of purchase, not because I'm expecting free stuff, or a company to bend at my beck and call because of a one-off purchase. I can leave feedback, vote with my wallet, give recommendations. But how I use the tool matters more to me than whether a company decides to make a decision to invest more money in hopes of recouping their investment.

• Not sure I follow. I'm saying that they have their model, it's very successful (for now) and the people who call the shots at Korg are corporate businessmen.

• edited May 2020

@colonel_mustard said:
    Not sure I follow. I'm saying that they have their model, it's very successful (for now) and the people who call the shots at Korg are corporate businessmen.

Oh I agree. I used an attention grabber statement on the first sentence. If I removed that section, the entire thread would support your point.

But since we live in the world of click baits, I am testing out my click baiting skills to start a conversation. You also followed a similar pattern with words like "cash cow", corporate", and "milk". I just put my attention grabber at the beginning of my statement.

(To summarise all I said, - I agree with everything you said)

• @colonel_mustard said:

@rs2000 said:

When you're boxed in Gadget, they've got you, and they know that.

This 100%

People cling to things that cost them more money.

Subscriptions are like rent.
    Delete and try the next one, but extremely expensive in-app-purchases on top of the high initial price is an investment.

If only we could resell apps and in-app-purchases :smiley:

• @Samflash3 said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Not sure I follow. I'm saying that they have their model, it's very successful (for now) and the people who call the shots at Korg are corporate businessmen.

Oh I agree. I used an attention grabber statement on the first sentence. If I removed that section, the entire thread would support your point.

But since we live in the world of click baits, I am testing out my click baiting skills to start a conversation. You also followed a similar pattern with words like "cash cow", corporate", and "milk". I just put my attention grabber at the beginning of my statement.

(To summarise all I said, - I agree with everything you said)

Honestly, I just wanted to share Steve Albini's recipe blog. The rest was an effort to keep things on thread ;)