Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Issues. AUv 3 Delay

I’ve just battled my way through a mix in Auria Pro, with endless crashes , project corruptions internal record and mixdown failures. I’m coming to the conclusion that using AUv3 fx in a project runs the risk of running into problems.

One of the culprits appears to be Bleass delay. Can someone recommend me a similar delay that does ping pong , has a resonant filter and that works for them in Auria Pro on a Mini 5 running 13.4.1 ?

Other non native plugs used in the project:

Pro Q3
FAC Bandit
FAC Chorus
Blue Mangoo Stereo Lag
Pro L2 Limiter
Pro R reverb

Also, can someone let me have an email address for one of the devs ? I’ve been trying to join the forum for months now but the account activation email never arrives. I’ve also sent a follow up email via the forum website requesting activation but still haven’t received a reply.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2020

I too have been fighting with a mixing project. Recently I read the Auria pro tip thread.

One tip is if you don’t have midi, change the buffer size to 4096. I have not had much time to mix lately but it seems to help so far.

Of course also finding the offending plugin.

• Yeah, I’ve stayed at 4096 - I can’t begin to imagine the problems with auV 3 instruments.

But even then the cpu meter seems to have a mind of its own, jumping to 170 percent after certain processes. It doesn’t appear to affect the audio though and I can reset it by changing the buffer to 256 and back to 4096.

Are you able to do an internal real time bounce ? If I try, the audio appears to be recording and I can see the waveform drawing as it does. But it disappears after every 2 bars and if I halt the recording the audio file is empty....

• Unless this has changed the highest buffer au runs at is 512, which is way too low for a mix. So i only use au’s in the production stage and ise the internal and supported fabfilter etc fx.

• @stemshade said:
    Unless this has changed the highest buffer au runs at is 512, which is way too low for a mix. So i only use au’s in the production stage and ise the internal and supported fabfilter etc fx.

It varies on the AUv3, some will support higher buffers, it's up to the devs to offer that support. Generally I find running 1024 is safe, but 4096 can be troublesome with 3rd party plugins.

• @richardyot said:

@stemshade said:
    Unless this has changed the highest buffer au runs at is 512, which is way too low for a mix. So i only use au’s in the production stage and ise the internal and supported fabfilter etc fx.

It varies on the AUv3, some will support higher buffers, it's up to the devs to offer that support. Generally I find running 1024 is safe, but 4096 can be troublesome with 3rd party plugins.

@richardyot , thanks I’ll see how it hangs together at 1024.....

• @richardyot said:

@stemshade said:

Good to know. Hadn’t tried it for a long time.

• @richardyot said:

@stemshade said:

Yeah.. that’s probably because Apple’s sample code for AUv3 limits the maximum to 1024 (at least it used to). But it’s literally a matter of simply changing that number to 4096 to solve the issue. There’s no reason not to.