Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias fx 2 is out.

BIAS FX 2 - #1 Guitar Tone App de « Positive Grid Inc »
https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/bias-fx-2-1-guitar-tone-app/id1475438828

Comments

• Sorry,I can’t copy the link from my iPhone.

• Sorry, gonna skip this one. I like BIAS 2, but IAA in 2020 is just a no from me.

• The IAPs from version 1 appear to have transferred without a hitch.

• @Philandering_Bastard can you check on things you have in BIAS 1 to see if they are in fact in BIAS 2? I still have some effects locked that I had purchased in BIAS 1 even after the transfer.

• edited May 2020

yeah. I feel that I will buy the same thing but only with better graphics. (Bias v.1 vs Bias v.2)

• @MAtrixplan the looper makes it more self contained

• Which looper are you guitar players using that works well in AUM as an AU?

• edited May 2020

@mjcouche said:
    @Philandering_Bastard can you check on things you have in BIAS 1 to see if they are in fact in BIAS 2? I still have some effects locked that I had purchased in BIAS 1 even after the transfer.

Only "packs" can tranfert from Bias FX to Bias FX2.

• @Gratouilli said:

@mjcouche said:
    @Philandering_Bastard can you check on things you have in BIAS 1 to see if they are in fact in BIAS 2? I still have some effects locked that I had purchased in BIAS 1 even after the transfer.

Only "packs" can tranfert from Bias FX to Bias FX2.

Sigh, some companies don’t make it easy for themselves do they?

With the addition of Nembrini into the market and other innovations this “new” Bias does not float my boat

• If we look forward to a few months, IAA applications are at risk of not working with the new iOS. Maybe it will still go well with iOS 14, if luck also assists us, iOS 15 it will maintain some compatibility, but I don't believe for much longer.

If positive grid looked at user forums or did a quick market research, it would perhaps have guessed that the request for AU compatibility has become practically unanimous, with few undecided exceptions, and is increasingly considered mandatory.

If we add to this the age-old and total lack of fixes for repeated crashes, the bill is quickly made:as for me, I threw a lot of money with the Positive Grid apps, my bad, now that there are better alternatives, I won't do it anymore.

• @Faland said:
    If we look forward to a few months, IAA applications are at risk of not working with the new iOS. Maybe it will still go well with iOS 14, if luck also assists us, iOS 15 it will maintain some compatibility, but I don't believe for much longer.

If positive grid looked at user forums or did a quick market research, it would perhaps have guessed that the request for AU compatibility has become practically unanimous, with few undecided exceptions, and is increasingly considered mandatory.

If we add to this the age-old and total lack of fixes for repeated crashes, the bill is quickly made:as for me, I threw a lot of money with the Positive Grid apps, my bad, now that there are better alternatives, I won't do it anymore.

That's the thing, Apple could pull the plug at any time. It probably won't happen in iOS 14 or 15, but after that all bets are off. You could spend £69 (did they really choose that number?) on the "elite" pack only to find that 3 years down the line the app is no longer supported.

• @richardyot said:

@Faland said:
    If we look forward to a few months, IAA applications are at risk of not working with the new iOS. Maybe it will still go well with iOS 14, if luck also assists us, iOS 15 it will maintain some compatibility, but I don't believe for much longer.

That's the thing, Apple could pull the plug at any time. It probably won't happen in iOS 14 or 15, but after that all bets are off. You could spend £69 (did they really choose that number?) on the "elite" pack only to find that 3 years down the line the app is no longer supported.

A lot of things can happen in 3 years 😉.

• @flo26 said:

@richardyot said:

@Faland said:

True, but I won't hold my breath waiting for PG to add AUv3 to an already existing app. Their track record for this kind of thing is not great.

I think for anyone who is happy with a self-contained app can probably find some value in BIAS FX 2, but for those who want connectivity then the appeal is not compelling.

Also, this does feel like a giant marketing exercise in many ways, rehashing previously developed stuff. For example it looks like I have to repurchase the Celestion pack that I already bought in BIAS Amp 2. A lot of what PG does seems to be about extracting money rather than providing value. I used to give them more slack, but my patience with them is running out.

• edited May 2020

I bought the $40 version of this, mostly because it's the first integrated IR loader in iOS. Kudos to them for this.

But iOS has come a ways. When I started Bias FX 2 and went to load an IR, there were Celestions all ready (but from another app and in the file system!). Pretty cool

• I agree with you all mostly. However if we are looking for a self contained app, that can be used for live use, and in which you can make recordings, this will work. In this way PositiveGrid probably sees it as future proof. No need for IAA because it is self contained. I know not everyone on here works this way, and it would make sense to add AUv3 to open up to more users who would like to use synths etc.

Looking forward to trying this out later.

Long live Nembrini!

• I’m somewhat irritated - I had all the expansions in v1, and they seemed to transfer ok to the new app. However, I then bought the remaining expansions (£55) thinking I’d be fully loaded, but at least the dual & presets loading don’t work without Elite.

I’ll refund the expansions and buy Elite, but it would have been far better for the app to specify which features were exclusive to the Elite purchase. MIDI is still forthcoming too.

• @richardyot said:

@flo26 said:

@richardyot said:

@Faland said:

True, but I won't hold my breath waiting for PG to add AUv3 to an already existing app. Their track record for this kind of thing is not great.

I think for anyone who is happy with a self-contained app can probably find some value in BIAS FX 2, but for those who want connectivity then the appeal is not compelling.

Also, this does feel like a giant marketing exercise in many ways, rehashing previously developed stuff. For example it looks like I have to repurchase the Celestion pack that I already bought in BIAS Amp 2. A lot of what PG does seems to be about extracting money rather than providing value. I used to give them more slack, but my patience with them is running out.

It’s cool you can transfer purchases from version 1, I just don’t think Positive Grid is that focused on the IPad/IPhone platform since they started making hardware and desktop apps, I would definitely be excited if Bias Fx 2 went au but we have au amp options now.🤷🏽‍♂️

• edited May 2020

I’ve restored purchases from bias fx ,but a lot of them are missing.
    Maybe a user’s error...
    Anyone else?
    Oh,and another question...
    If you buy the elite pack,you’ve got the whole enchilada?
    Multi comp,delay,modulations,etc?
    Thanks!
    Flo

• @flo26 same here - missing a lot of FX after having all in BIAS FX 1. My guess is they are working on it - when I checked the preorder yesterday it had changed to Expected May 23. So maybe they are working on something and couldn’t change the date it would release on the App Store in time?

• edited May 2020

@mjcouche said:

I had only purchased expansion packs, not individual pedals, in Bias FX 1. All five expansion packs show up as purchased in Bias FX 2. Can’t speak for individual modules although I seem to recall that Positive Grid said that only packs would be transferred.

Edit: or what @Gratouilli said.

• @Philandering_Bastard @Gratouilli

Thanks for this. I do have only packs. Not sure exactly what’s going on.

• Bias FX2 is a perfect practice tool. I have this one on my mac and I happy to get it on iPad. It has a lot great effects and amps so If you're really interested in playing guitar, Bias FX2 will give you everything you need for this. This is definitely one of the best guitar software for desktop computers, so it's an obvious decision to use it on iPad.

I found two important issues with Bias FX2. First it does not have Celestion cabs. I think Positive Grid will fix it soon. Second - it does not maintain IAA for using third-parties effects within app. You can do it within FX1, but I can't find it in FX2. I don't think it's a problem (I never used inner IAA within Bias FX) but I think it was useful feature for someone.

Anyway I just unlocked the elite version on my iPad and am going to test it tonight.

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks!
    Flo

According to the description, yes.

• @richardyot said:

@flo26 said:
    Thanks!
    Flo

According to the description, yes.

Thanks @richardyot !

• @flo26 said:
    I’ve restored purchases from bias fx ,but a lot of them are missing.
    Maybe a user’s error...
    Anyone else?
    Oh,and another question...
    Thanks!
    Flo

I purchased elite, and everything is unlocked. But I had all expansions in the Bias FX1 so I think it was transfered at the very beginning. As far as I understand from developers website, elite includes everything but expansions packs.
    https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx-mobile#specs

• I found that in the morning it was a bit cheaper than now. :o

• Not even offering the new sound engine in the elite pack is a real show stopper for me.

• @flo26 said:
    Not even offering the new sound engine in the elite pack is a real show stopper for me.

The sound engine is included in all tiers as far as I can see:

• edited May 2020

@richardyot said:

@flo26 said:
    Not even offering the new sound engine in the elite pack is a real show stopper for me.

The sound engine is included in all tiers as far as I can see:

Bad reading from me 😳.
    Sorry for that.
    Thanks @richardyot!

• Q: What's the difference between BIAS FX 2 Mobile and BIAS FX Mobile?
    A: BIAS FX 2 Mobile is the next generation of BIAS FX Mobile. It comes with a re-engineered DSP sound engine and a faster and smoother user interface. BIAS Mobile 2 comes with new features such as Guitar Match, Looper, IR Loader as well as new amps and effects, including advanced modelers and HD studio rack processors.

https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043142992-General-Info