Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT ABLETON 10 and El Capitan

Has anyone managed to get ableton 10 running on El Capitan? Currently running 9 suite fine and hoping to avoid the need to upgrade laptop to access Live 10

I know the minimum requirements are above this macOS but just hoping it would run

I don’t have loads of tracks or heavy lifting so older spec often works for me. I’m running a white 2009 MacBook ! :-)

Here’s hoping

Comments

• I think El Capitan is the minimum requirement. Pretty sure I upgraded my ageing pro book Hackintosh from Mountain Lion to El Capitan just to run Ableton 10.

• I use ableton in el capitan. I also use older hardware (2012 mac mini) and ableton 10 is slow moving on it, where v9 was snappy. Still stable, but takes longer to load nearly everything. My 2015 macbook pro (with mojave) runs ableton much better.

• Think I’m on El Capitan, will have to check next time I boot up. That’s running Live 10, MacBook Pro 2012.

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Has anyone managed to get ableton 10 running on El Capitan? Currently running 9 suite fine and hoping to avoid the need to upgrade laptop to access Live 10

I know the minimum requirements are above this macOS but just hoping it would run

I don’t have loads of tracks or heavy lifting so older spec often works for me. I’m running a white 2009 MacBook ! :-)

Here’s hoping

I think you should just keep things as they are on that MacBook. It’s doing great. Any updates will probably cause you more drawbacks than benefits.

Treat it well; in computer years it’s 88 :-)

• Thanks all. May try a separate install to 9. Sounds like I might have a chance ......