Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat by AUDIOMODERN EOOD

Comments

• @david_2017 yes, i just got it a week ago. I like the app but when in aum, it just does not work properly. I will try later with audiobus ...

• Multi-out would be epic here.

• edited March 2020

Boy, got this because I loved riffr and it's a huge disappointment. First needs multi-outs, then that randomizer algorithm needs adjustin'. It seems like it's just full on random, with no regard for how instruments (even just kick, snare, hihat) interact with each other. There seemed to be some actual intelligence behind the randomness in riffr, although I guess it's much easier with one track vs. four. Still doesn't justify the quality drop, though.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Boy, got this because I loved riffr and it's a huge disappointment. First needs multi-outs, then that randomizer algorithm needs adjustin'. It seems like it's just full on random, with no regard for how instruments (even just kick, snare, hihat) interact with each other. There seemed to be some actual intelligence behind the randomness in riffr, although I guess it's much easier with one track vs. four. Still doesn't justify the quality drop, though.

Kick + snare randomization is.. tricky.. kick especially.. once you’ve fully randomized a beat, try sliding the kick + snare parts left or right 1 beat at a time.. you might get lucky but you may have to edit these randomizations.. erase/add a note here + there.. maybe change the step limits for them.. Playbeat’s default steps per instrument is 6..
    listen.. eventually something will click as a groove.. otherwise.. (see below..)

Dean’s great video on Playbeat.. a must watch..

Randomizing a kick and/or snare is NOT gonna be pretty no matter what app you use.. these 2 instruments are usually part of the foundation of your tune.. you’d probably be better off programming these and randomizing the rest.. hihats + percussion instruments work phenomenally well in Playbeat.. I love using it with Fractal Bits as well.. or any percussion type sounds..
    Imagine trying to dance to a live drummer (?) while he randomly changes the kick and snare constantly with no regard to the song or other player’s parts.. no groove to lock in to.. it would be like dancing to a drum solo.. hey, that might work sometimes.. 🤔 🤪
    Same goes for drum apps..

I ❤️ Playbeat! (+Riffr) (YMMV)

• edited March 2020

Anyone having a problem with Playbeat regularly crashing in AUM? The app (AU) crashes, other apps are not affected and the sound engine is not affected. But when the app is clicked to reload all settings are gone. Completely unusable if this continues. I've contacted the dev but thought it would be useful to find out if others have experienced this.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    To be honest, I am struggling with the save/presets implementation. Just not that intuitive (to me). Have lost a number of patterns by misunderstanding or overwriting. Has happened three or four times: Get frustrated, walk away for a week, come back, repeat etc. Not blaming the app per se. Just UX and as devs know you certainly can't please all the idiots all the time and on this one I'm certainly the idiot, more's the pity.

Seems ok in standalone. There’s no ‘load’ button, so you double tap a name in the list, and then one of the two save options, for saving.

Had a few crashes in AUM recently.

Yessir. Might well be my fat calloused fingers. I've noticed even when choosing samples (Kick, snare etc) from their list, I often have to hit it ten times to get going....will give it another go.

Ah right, I get that as well, thought it was just me.

I also have this problem. It is definitely nothing to do with finger size, there is something wrong with how the app is handling these presses for sure.

• @Gavinski said:
    Anyone having a problem with Playbeat regularly crashing in AUM? The app (AU) crashes, other apps are not affected and the sound engine is not affected. But when the app is clicked to reload all settings are gone. Completely unusable if this continues. I've contacted the dev but thought it would be useful to find out if others have experienced this.

Hmm Never crashes with me. Any particular stuff you did with it?

• Well, it’s happened so many times it’s hard to recall. I noticed that at least twice it was triggered by the opening of another app, in one case it was elastic drums. I’ll have to pay more attention to what might be causing it, but the DSP has never been above 30 either when this happened

• @Gavinski i do have this problem as well, it’s unfortunate cause i like this app

• Have you told the developer? Any response? Yeah, I also love it, but it is completely unreliable, such a pity

• @Gavinski just sent an email, i will let you know if the dev answers...

• edited March 2020

Can confirm the problem.

The problem seems to be caused by the loading of an IAA app. Playbeat as a AU routes its midi through the host to its destinations. If you load a new IAA app, that apps midi port announcements seems to crash Playbeat.

Playbeat works fine with AU

• Well spotted, but loading an IAA app in AUM is unfortunately only one of many different actions that cause it to crash for me.

I've also contacted the dev, if this is fixable I will use this a lot, it's very cool

• @Gavinski said:
    Well spotted, but loading an IAA app in AUM is unfortunately only one of many different actions that cause it to crash for me.

I've also contacted the dev, if this is fixable I will use this a lot, it's very cool

Agreed on the bad and the good.

• Another time this is generally crashing for me is basically any time I leave AUM open in the background and come back to it after several hours. It's almost always already crashed once I go back into AUM. @Audiomodern any chance of a response here? Haven't had any reply to email, thanks.

• @Gavinski said:
    Another time this is generally crashing for me is basically any time I leave AUM open in the background and come back to it after several hours. It's almost always already crashed once I go back into AUM. @Audiomodern any chance of a response here? Haven't had any reply to email, thanks.

@Audiomodern replied when Filterstep was released, said a fix/update was imminent for Playbeat

• Oh good, thanks for the info. The whole reason i bought this app was to thank them for Filterstep lol.

• @Gavinski said:
    Oh good, thanks for the info. The whole reason i bought this app was to thank them for Filterstep lol.

Does anyone has also GlitchCore? These two are pretty much awesome buddies 👊🏼 With the infinity feature on there is random glitches for years ;)

• Yes they are a very cool duo indeed. And throw some soundfruuze into the mix too, it also pairs great with glitchcore.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes they are a very cool duo indeed. And throw some soundfruuze into the mix too, it also pairs great with glitchcore.

That’s the spirit sir!!! 👊🏼
    Hope you will see an update that fixes your issues and you have a lot of fun
    Filterstep is an awesome treat. Like to pair it with nice pad like sounds/patches

• Is this a bug, has this been mentioned ?
    Had one sample, set it to change every 4 bars
    When it changes, I like the pattern, so click slot at bottom to keep as pattern.
    So kept it playing and repeated above to fill the slots at bottom
    Turned off infinite
    But when I play each pattern from the bottom, every one I choose then has the infinite highlighted, and will change.
    I don't want it to do it
    But what ever pattern I choose it goes into infinite mode
    Even if I manually switch it off for each pattern, when I go back to a pattern it is always red, and will change the pattern
    Is this a bug, as it's damn annoying
    Any suggestions ?

• If I have rozetta... what does this add to my table? ... just curious.

• I really hope this gets multi-out. 🙏 @Vlad11 randomization that keeps evolving.

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Is this a bug, has this been mentioned ?
    Had one sample, set it to change every 4 bars
    When it changes, I like the pattern, so click slot at bottom to keep as pattern.
    So kept it playing and repeated above to fill the slots at bottom
    Turned off infinite
    But when I play each pattern from the bottom, every one I choose then has the infinite highlighted, and will change.
    I don't want it to do it
    But what ever pattern I choose it goes into infinite mode
    Even if I manually switch it off for each pattern, when I go back to a pattern it is always red, and will change the pattern
    Is this a bug, as it's damn annoying
    Any suggestions ?

The on/off state of the Infinite button is stored in the quick presets. So either turn it off before you push the little number button to store the preset, or if that is a pain, do what you are already doing, but when you are finished making the presets, hit Stop in the host or app.
    Then step through each preset, turning off Infinite and re-saving the preset by long pressing the same preset button.

• @CracklePot
    Thanks for your time in responding
    Will try again tonight when the kids are in bed
    Thanks again

• @Nicebutfun said:
    @CracklePot
    Thanks for your time in responding
    Will try again tonight when the kids are in bed
    Thanks again

You’re welcome.
    🤙🏻

• Hello all, i hope you're doing well and safe!

We have published a new update for our Playbeat App, including many suggestions we got from you over the last months.
    It may take some time for version 2.0 to propagate to the AppStore but will be there today.

New features include Density (Randomizable), Pan (Randomizable), New Sequencer length selector (16/32 Steps) and many more which can be found under the 'What's new' section on the App page.

Is there something that we missed? Please send us your comments and requests at [email protected] and we'll make it happen :)

Thank you for your attention and we wish you a creative weekend ahead! ❤

• Great! Thanks for listening

• Panning!
    Thanks for the update :)

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello all, i hope you're doing well and safe!

We have published a new update for our Playbeat App, including many suggestions we got from you over the last months.
    It may take some time for version 2.0 to propagate to the AppStore but will be there today.

New features include Density (Randomizable), Pan (Randomizable), New Sequencer length selector (16/32 Steps) and many more which can be found under the 'What's new' section on the App page.

Is there something that we missed? Please send us your comments and requests at [email protected] and we'll make it happen :)

Thank you for your attention and we wish you a creative weekend ahead! ❤

BOOM! Congrats on and thank you for the new release!