Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-X a V Synth from Arturia

edited May 2020 in Other

New software Synth.

Comments

• Hope they don't 'forget' the MicroFreak...
    (It could do nicely with a 'unison mode', ie. the para phony already splits the oscillator in 4 so being able to play mono and detune the voices could be pretty neat).

I'll be watching for sure :)

• lol @ launchevents who invented them

• FWIW it may not be hardware.. while it’s true there are several images floating around of a 5 octave Arturia synth, most likely a polybrute..., their CEO has apparently confirmed the release of a new soft synth.

Speculation is an OB-XA emulation.

I’d be delighted to be wrong though!

• It’s probably a trombone

• tuba

• Oh well.. the wait for the polybrute continues

• I will that in Auv3 please 😂😂

• @aleyas said:

Oh well.. the wait for the polybrute continues

£49 in UK if you own 7 collection.

• So they are faster than Synapse Audio (they made f.e. Dune 3, The Legend). They also working on a OB-Xa emulation.
    I trust them more on analog modeling but i find also that Arturia are getting better and better in general.
    Pigments is excellent f.e.

• If the live-stream is about a plug-in I'll skip it....

• edited May 2020

I have obxd already, so don't necessarily need this. But depends on upgrade cost. They may have other synths in their pipeline, so likely wait until V8 release.

• I wouldn't mind that in AU format.

• @Samu said:
    If the live-stream is about a plug-in I'll skip it....

Exactly, right. They are prob taking advantage of quarantine to do this for brand salience.

Anyway, thanks folks. Ya'll saved me time, energy and bandwidth.

• @noob said:
    tuba

MicroTuba.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@aleyas said:

Oh well.. the wait for the polybrute continues

£49 in UK if you own 7 collection.

I own only Lab Lite, so for me it's $99.
    Or $249 for V Collection + OB-Xa, and that's a very good deal

• With Arturia, new customers get more of a deal of each year's collection. Be prepared if you want future upgrades and products, to pay on average $200 a year.

• edited May 2020

There is also the OB-XD soft synth, which is open source (The one by DiscoDSP)

(discoDSP modelled after the OB-X and Arturia modelled the successor OB-Xa)

https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd

• Here is what the free OB-XD is capable of

• edited May 2020

@tehskwrl said:

main difference is that OB-X had VCO (it was build from discrete compontents) and OB-Xa had DCO (CEM curtis chips - CEM3340 for oscillators, CEM3320 for filters, and so on) .. OB-X had more raw aggresive sound, OB-Xa was more smooth ..

CEM chips were used for example also in Oberheim Matrix-6, Matrix-1000 or Expander

.. theoretically, for analog purists OB-X is more "analog" :)

here is good sound comparison

• CEM curtis voice chips were still VCO. They were not digital.

• aah ok, thought they were dco

• @dendy said:
    aah ok, thought they were dco

It's still analogue but encapsulated into a single chip. You might be thinking of the Juno's?

• @dendy said:

@tehskwrl said:

main difference is that OB-X had VCO (it was build from discrete compontents) and OB-Xa had DCO (CEM curtis chips - CEM3340 for oscillators, CEM3320 for filters, and so on) .. OB-X had more raw aggresive sound, OB-Xa was more smooth ..

CEM chips were used for example also in Oberheim Matrix-6, Matrix-1000 or Expander

.. theoretically, for analog purists OB-X is more "analog" :)

here is good sound comparison

It is my understanding that the biggest difference architecture-wise was that the Xa lost the cross-modulation feature found in the OB-X though the Xa picked up a pitch envelope.

• The OB-Xa has the split feature and a 4 pole mode for filter the OB-X not had. No crossmod for OB-Xa but no self oscillating filter in the OB-X.

• People hate on Behringer, but Arturia just sells the same synth engine over and over with a different GUI. At least you get a different clone with the hardware.

• @Nuria said:
    People hate on Behringer, but Arturia just sells the same synth engine over and over with a different GUI. At least you get a different clone with the hardware.

I was mad at Behringer for a minute mainly because of a crappy microphone I got but finally caved and got their Model D clone and now I just love them

• @cyberheater said:
    Here is what the free OB-XD is capable of

My love for love synthesizers is in no small part thanks to demos like this