Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Shining Sea / Classical or Jazz?

edited May 2020 in Creations

Gender bending going on here, I think. Improvised, sax solo... sounds like jazz. Modernist interplay, cello section, minimalist elements.... sounds like modern classical.

IFretless Sax and Bass, BeatHawk cellos, guitar, Noise Breathy Flute, Mersenne (@Spidericemidas patch again), and Magellan2.

Comments

• Like it! Very ehhhhh.......clazzy?

• Thanks @Pierre118. You are a clazzy fellow, yourself. Appreciate the continued listening.

• edited May 2020

Wow! This is amazing! This is my instant personal interpretation: Very playful and mischievous. It could easily be the soundtrack for something light, fun and magical going on in a Disney Movie scene or a Japanese Anime. I also think this would be a perfect backdrop for a nature documentary, something fun and positive, you know, like when they show things like seeds opening, bursting and flying away, or small animals scurrying around, or shoals of fish darting about, that sort of thing. I think this is a brilliant composition which instantly provokes all manner of vivid imagery in my mind in a positive way. Really cool. Will repost this on my SC. 👍👍

A second listen makes me think of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring. Awesome work!

• Gender or Genre bending ;)

Call it whatever you want, I call it "excellent."

• Amazing and perhaps the finest of your work I've heard posted here. Wow man, you took me places.
    I'm hearing Ravel and maybe some other frenchness ... but mostly Levy.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Pierre118. You are a clazzy fellow, yourself. Appreciate the continued listening.

Always a pleasure

• edited May 2020

Thank you so much @Spidericemidas. Your enjoyment and appraisal means a lot. When I saw you had done patches for Mersenne it convinced me to get it. Have used two of your presets so far. So much appreciated. This one here was “Joyous”, I believe.

Thanks @aplourde for your continued listening. Very valued by me.
    @kinkujin, not sure if it is my best but it is different. Thanks for listening and the Ravel comparison.

@Pierre118, it’s very gratifying to have you listening. Thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @kinkujin, not sure if it is my best but it is different. Thanks for listening and the Ravel comparison.

Well your output is truly Herculean, so ranking is a fool's errand, but I would say that this is one of my favorites as well.

Perhaps I'm being led by the Great Wave thumbnail, but I'm hearing some Toru Takemitsu in this. He frequently does what you're doing; of having several instruments playing the same lines, either in unison or transposed, but in a tight intervalic lock.

• @aplourde, thanks for the generous comparison! I had to look him up and listen. Marvelous stuff, but I didn’t find the type of unison music you described. Can you post a link?

• @aplourde Nice to see Takemitsu mentioned here. Amazing composer with a great history. I always thought of him as Japan’s Frank Zappa in terms of orchestral music.
    I do hear similar vibes from @LinearLineman in some of his shares. Eg.

• It's not a constant feature of his work, but for me, some of the main refrains that stick in my head have multiple instruments following the same melodic arc rather than interweaving different lines. Something that reminds me of your semi-controversial method of orchestration :D

Again, I could just be led by the woodblock print image (I certainly don't think there's any sax in his work ;) )

Requiem (early piece that brought him to prominence from Stravinsky' acclaim):

From Me flows What You Call Time (my favorite piece by him):

Riverrun (perhaps of interest as a tickler of the ivories?):

• @aplourde, thanks for leading me to him. I am a great admirer of Kurosawa and seeing Takemitsu wrote the music from RAN, I’m surprised I didn’t pay more attention to who the composer was. Now I want to see and hear that Learian Masterpiece again. He is pretty melancholic and looks equally ectomorphic.

I liked Riverrun very much and could see some similarities between us. Very free with his chords and interesting dissonances. Of course he is totally top level and actually wrote the stuff down, so the comparison only goes a little ways. Still, much appreciated that you thought of him when listening to my stuff.... but definitely the Hokusai had something to do with it!

Thank you @Moderndaycompiler. Again, I appreciate the comparison with Takemitsu, pale as it may be. At least I have the blues to fall back on. 😉😳

• edited May 2020

Great composition but finding ifretless sax sounding a little too artificial for me but good as synthy sax. Ask myself how this would sound with a real classic sax player. But as i said a great piece of music. Listened to it a few times and it got better an better. You did a marvelous job.

• Thanks @Frenq. Much appreciated. I think IFretless Sax a bit better than Sensual Sax, but still. That’s why folks go for desktop, I guess. My solution is to stop being bothered by the identity crisis. It’s just a sound.

In this case it seemed like the right sound... I just keep auditioning sounds till one works. I mean, I used Noise “Breathy Flute” but it sounds more like a clarinet! So it’s just like fuck it and move on. Anyway, that technique works for me. As @aplourde said, my method is slightly hmmmd at, so why shouldn’t my usage of instruments also be. Hmmm. That’s iOS for you.

• edited May 2020

Hello LL listen to the saxes on and you see that good embetone sensual sax is possible. I know it has too much of everything but used right it is perfect.

• @aplourde said:

@LinearLineman said:

Well your output is truly Herculean, so ranking is a fool's errand, but I would say that this is one of my favorites as well.

There are benefits for those that practice their scales, fingering and music theory. Often employment.

• That’s quite the endeavor @Frenq! Nice work. The Sensual Sax is ok. The usual vibrato difficulty, no?
    As I said, I just listen to the sound and try not to relate it to actual instruments... which is a project in itself.
    No employment for me @McD. Just hanging on for dear life, as always.

• @LinearLineman said:
    No employment for me @McD. Just hanging on for dear life, as always.

Sure now... but you've got some history with getting paid to play. But we both agree it's better NOT
    to have a boss if you can swing it and still have resources.