Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUGenX Demo

Just a demo of the AuGenx AU it starts off just showing some of the basic sounds of the oscillator and the various ways you change the sound . Then I add Cykle and turn a sort of annoying pattern into a more musical pattern with a few effects. Then after more wanking I slow the tempo down to semi ambient type stuff and thats it.

Comments

• @hacked_to_pieces thanks so much. I love this app🤘

• Yeah, this is awesome.

• This app is on my list list, I enjoyed watching ur demo a lot, and 👍ed and subscribed too while I was there. 😉

• Wow.. it’s a lot pricier than one would think for ‘just’ an oscillator. Might be worth it for calibration purposes, but for musical creation I’d rather go for the JAF collection (which I just learned about from Gavinski, cheers :) )

• @aleyas said:
    Wow.. it’s a lot pricier than one would think for ‘just’ an oscillator. Might be worth it for calibration purposes, but for musical creation I’d rather go for the JAF collection (which I just learned about from Gavinski, cheers :) )

I got it before the price increase JAF collection was free when first released been using it since day one.

• @Gavinski said:
    This app is on my list list, I enjoyed watching ur demo a lot, and 👍ed and subscribed too while I was there. 😉

Thanks @Gavinski

• @hacked_to_pieces wasn't it just free for one of the filters or something? Was the whole collection free? If so, that was one of the best free deals ever. I get the impression the dev increased the price in a fit of pique after mixed user feedback. It definitely has things I would like to see changed, but on a sound level, and on certain aspects of the implementation, it is genius I think.

• Inspired by @hacked_to_pieces great vid, I dug AuGenX out to see where I could take it. This is the result, just a quick 3 minute sound design experiment:

If I carry it on, I’ll make an audio loop of this in File Player, maybe mess with it’s speed and pitch in AudioStretch, and see where we go from there...

More evidence I think that AUM is less a DAW and more or less the meta-modular environment, as much an instrument hosting all these AU and IAA modules (yes, including Drambo and Mirack) as any real world modular synth.

• @Gavinski said:
    @hacked_to_pieces wasn't it just free for one of the filters or something? Was the whole collection free? If so, that was one of the best free deals ever. I get the impression the dev increased the price in a fit of pique after mixed user feedback. It definitely has things I would like to see changed, but on a sound level, and on certain aspects of the implementation, it is genius I think.

I got it the first day but was free I think because it was his first release so he wanted to get everybody hooked . He also had a free version of his convolution reverb that came loaded with impulse files but you could not load your own but its gone now. But yes I was shocked at how good JAF collection was and for free but I see his price his price since first release increased.

• I think AUGenX is a higher quality app, personally. Always like the feel and sounds of this quirky one.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@Gavinski said:
    @hacked_to_pieces wasn't it just free for one of the filters or something? Was the whole collection free? If so, that was one of the best free deals ever. I get the impression the dev increased the price in a fit of pique after mixed user feedback. It definitely has things I would like to see changed, but on a sound level, and on certain aspects of the implementation, it is genius I think.

I got it the first day but was free I think because it was his first release so he wanted to get everybody hooked . He also had a free version of his convolution reverb that came loaded with impulse files but you could not load your own but its gone now. But yes I was shocked at how good JAF collection was and for free but I see his price his price since first release increased.

There was a free version of one of the filters. I think the collection was always paid but had a pretty low intro price at intro although maybe there was a super brief free period.

• Seems they are working on an update of JAF. The interface could do with some improving for sure

• @espiegel123 said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@Gavinski said:

There was a free version of one of the filters. I think the collection was always paid but had a pretty low intro price at intro although maybe there was a super brief free period.

Yes, your correct I was mistaken I did pay for JAF Collection I searched my receipt I paid 6.99. My day is now officially ruined.

• Haha, you still paid hella less than I did, rejoice

• @Svetlovska said:
    Inspired by @hacked_to_pieces great vid, I dug AuGenX out to see where I could take it. This is the result, just a quick 3 minute sound design experiment:

If I carry it on, I’ll make an audio loop of this in File Player, maybe mess with it’s speed and pitch in AudioStretch, and see where we go from there...

More evidence I think that AUM is less a DAW and more or less the meta-modular environment, as much an instrument hosting all these AU and IAA modules (yes, including Drambo and Mirack) as any real world modular synth.

Awesome video, you got some really nice sounds out of AUgenx. I use ilep as well really cool effect app. I suppose I need to also explore Cykle a little more after watching your video.