Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft - Audio FX? How does this work?

Hi, I just bought Spacecraft thinking I could use it in an FX slot in AUM and use it as an effects unit, routing the main sound through it and adding a granular texture.
Is this possible? It only looks like it can record audio, NOT route audio through.
Thanks.

Comments

• It can be done: you need to switch from "Standard" to "Live Sampling" in the settings and then enabling live sampling itself by tapping on the microphone icon

• and then you have to wait for the audio input to progress across the window.. so quickest way to get stuff happening is put the play cursor to the far right in the xy window ..

• Thanks. I did that but it seemed to 'run out'. Is there a limit to the buffer or can it be used endlessly?

• edited May 2020

@jameslondon74 yes, there's a limit, 2 minutes I think. I believe the developer had an update planned for making it endless, but I'm guessing his COVID-19 hospitalization and recovery has postponed it for now.

Edit. This is where he mentioned it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/750514/#Comment_750514

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @jameslondon74 yes, there's a limit, 2 minutes I think. I believe the developer had an update planned for making it endless, but I'm guessing his COVID-19 hospitalization and recovery has postponed it for now.

Edit. This is where he mentioned it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/750514/#Comment_750514

Oh wow of course I had no idea he had been hospitalised. I hope he's doing ok.

And great news too that 'infinite' mode is planned for iOS. Thanks.

• Let's say I trigger some notes of a synth using Polybeat or Zoa, in the key of (for argument's sake) F major Pentatonic.
    When I then record this audio into the buffer of Spacecraft, as discussed above, how do I know that the sequencer mode is playing back the notes in the key I want? I know this might sound like a dumb question, but music theory is something I struggle to get my head around.