Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Games Sales/Your favorites of 2018?

Seems like this eventually gets discussed on here, and it's been a while since I've ventured into the App Store for a game. Given the sales season, I figured I'd do just that, even though there seems to be a dearth of quality games the last couple years aside from a million chic minimalist puzzlers.

They don't necessarily have to be on sale, but what games would you recommend from the past year or so? The last one I played and loved was Part-Time UFO from HAL (the Kirby developers).

Comments

• The Room Old Sins : on sale and just EXCELLENT 👍

• Yuri by FIngerlabs (dev from DM1) is free at the moment

• You should definitely get Grimvalor which is on sale for 2.99 instead of 6.99. Absolutely fantastic, by the devs who made the classic Swordigo. It‘s kind of castlevania/metroidvania but a little bit more action focused. The controls are ace though.

Also, if you like turn based strategy, you need to get Civilization VI which is on sale for 14.99 instead of 59.99 and all the DLC packs will be free throughout the next couple of days! Which will save you a total of around 80 bucks.

• Just bought Chronotrigger and Final Fantasy VI, both on sale. I’m curious to see what I’ve been missing out all this time!

• @Zaubrer said:
    You should definitely get Grimvalor which is on sale for 2.99 instead of 6.99. Absolutely fantastic, by the devs who made the classic Swordigo. It‘s kind of castlevania/metroidvania but a little bit more action focused. The controls are ace though.

Also, if you like turn based strategy, you need to get Civilization VI which is on sale for 14.99 instead of 59.99 and all the DLC packs will be free throughout the next couple of days! Which will save you a total of around 80 bucks.

Oh, thanks for that, I LOVED Swordigo, one of the first games I played when I got an iPhone.

The Civ thing...is very tempting, I admit, but I can't go there. I spent so much time playing IV I vowed I wouldn't play another.

• edited December 2018

I only have one game, but it's a doozy. It's called Thumper ($5, seems to be) and it's a high energy arcade-style rhythmic thing.

It's made by one of the guys out of Lightning Bolt (an ultra high energy rock duo who just killed it live), which shows in the soundtrack and in the gameplay. Not for everybody of course, but what is?

Tetris?

In other news:
    https://klevgrand.se/products/dawgames/

• @greengrocer said:
    Yuri by FIngerlabs (dev from DM1) is free at the moment

This is neatly done!!!

• Playdead's Inside was creepy and so well done for the iPad. As were Gorogoa and Samarost 3. Final Fantasy XV is probably my favorite though, really well done port from the PS4.

• @Tarekith said:
    Playdead's Inside was creepy and so well done for the iPad. As were Gorogoa and Samarost 3. Final Fantasy XV is probably my favorite though, really well done port from the PS4.

I could not finish Limbo, could not get beyond the great gearwheels.
    That was a bit disappointing.
    Is the new game also difficult?

• In places yes, but there's tons of guides to help if you get stuck.

• for the mindless passing of time i have found Big Big Baller & Tentacles EtM to be quite entertaining

• Not iOS but...
    Anyone else excited about The Last of Us part 2?
    I was waiting for this game for so long and just ran into recent leaks... :(
    Still gonna play it I guess, but ugh...

• God yes. Loved the original.

• @Tarekith said:
    God yes. Loved the original.

I hope you haven't seen the leaks. Avoid! It certainly ruined it for me... though some say it's fair that it's out there... but still...

• PUBG Mobile, my favourite ;)

• @Gratouilli said:
    The Room Old Sins : on sale and just EXCELLENT 👍

If you like this series, House of DaVinci 1 and 2 is as good as The Room series.