Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Black Maps” - drone, dark ambient

“Black Maps” - made synchronously with “Feel vibrate the enraptured” from a couple of weeks ago. RIYL: Drones, distorted/time-stretched vocals, aleatoric drumming, phase destruction synthesis.

Available for listening now -

https://obhasa.bandcamp.com/album/black-maps

NB: toolkit included Fractal Bits, Shockwave, JAF Collection, K-Devices Shaper, AAS Objeq, Koala, Spectrum synth bundle, among many others.

Comments

• love this !

• Great stuff. What did you use to make the visuals?

• Awesome thick textures. Gonna listen to this more later, after the sun goes down....

• @reasOne, @aplourde - Thanks much for the kind words. Encouragement is so important.

@bmoo, I started with the album art and used the Plotaverse app to add some subtle animation and make it into a short video loop (Plotaverse is capable of much more than I used it for here, BTW - really great possibilities if you're willing to learn its workflow). Then I used VFX to add the video effects to the loop, and also combine the result with the audio snippet. In VFX, effect parameters were controleed by an X/Y pad and by the audio. It can also be controlled by midi, but I didn't get into that for this short clip.

• @Scarred_Archimedes : a kindred spirit! Plus - aleatoric is my new word of the week, I too am a fan of the dice button when it comes to beats (Rozeta Particles is great with Fractal Beats and some heavy reverb, as any fule kno). Also that vid is truly disturbing, like something in the process of Coming Through... Great stuff!

• @Scarred_Archimedes are the tracks all produced on IPad? They are really a work of art.

• @Svetlovska - Cality fed by a not-too-busy pattern generating source has been my secret sauce. Always will deliver results on the wild end of the spectrum, but is plenty controllable to get something satisfying.

@Charlesalbert - You are much too kind. Apart from some sample stretching on a PC this is all made on the iPad.

• Yeah.... thick emotive textures of audio and visual depth. Good work.

• Impressive!

• @McD @iOSTRAKON - Thanks so much y'all.