Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free Djay upgrade path for Djay2 & Djay Pro

https://www.algoriddim.com/djay-ios-upgrade?utm_source=djay-pro-iphone&utm_medium=app&utm_content=1.0.26&utm_campaign=djay-ios-upsell&lang=English#

I really appreciate that Algorithm keeps Djay Pro and Djay2 maintained after releasing their new Djay, and now showing some love to previous customers with this new upgrade path for the new Djay.
6 months free pro subscription of new Djay also.

Kind of rare these days that a company shows original and longtime customers some respect.

Sent an email to Algorithm about lack of being able to import songs from file app.
You can still open in Djay from other apps for importing though.

Seems to be an oversight because you can access it from Djay pro, and this free upgrade is to make the new Djay on par with whatever previous Djay app you owned.
Just sent it , so I haven’t heard back yet.

Comments

• Only downside is I can't use their new app in Audiobus 3. Djay 2 works in Audiobus 3.

But I can't complain. They did support the app well.

• @Samflash3 Yeah, I just realized that. Hadn’t tried it before because I don’t do subscriptions, so I didn’t play around with the new one that much.

I found a link on their forum website, from a year ago, with Algoriddim asking why would you want it and how will you use it.
    Send them an email or post to see if it’s something they are still looking into.

https://community.algoriddim.com/algoriddim/topics/new-djay-app-not-showing-up-in-audio-bus-3

• I got some upgrade features automatically as a previous buyer of Djay Pro, but I can honestly say there’s not a single feature in the subscription version that I prefer, and almost every change they’ve made to the app has made it worse. Things that you need, like eq and faders are now hidden behind multiple taps when they were all previously up front and ready to use. The app prioritises putting upgrade nags in your way ahead of usability, trying to actually use it to do a set feels more like a Candy Crush game that’s constantly nickel and diming you to purchase power-ups. It’s horrible. And I say this as a huge fan of the previous pro version.

• It's useless. Basic features like third party midi learn is out the "upgrade".
    Opportunity lost...

• The bright side is that u can still record and export and u can still run djay 2 on the same device...

• edited May 2020

@BITCRUSHER said:
    The bright side is that u can still record and export and u can still run djay 2 on the same device...

Yeah, despite the limitations, the app is excellent in determining the key of an 808. Oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to update the thread.

Edit: Updated the thread. Also, added a fix to my iOS shortcut which uses Djay.

https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

• edited May 2020

I think the app is extremely good and the only limitation is your mind...some apps r 2 easy and they make u lazy...I lime apps where I have to work a little and improvise to find the good stuff...my only wish is that u could provide a way of linking the 2 versions together...fan for life...🍺

• edited May 2020

@BITCRUSHER said:
    I think the app is extremely good and the only limitation is your mind...some apps r 2 easy and they make u lazy...I lime apps where I have to work a little and improvise to find the good stuff...my only wish is that u could provide a way of linking the 2 versions together...fan for life...🍺

Your mind and your wallet...
    I kid. I like the features. Just wish for a one time unlock for Audiobus 3.

• That’s why I wish u could link them

• @BITCRUSHER said:

After losing spotify and without third party midi mapping (only sub model) I feel the limitations are real. I used it time ago with supported controller and pro plan but looper is limited to packs and vjing to iPad pro usb-c (you can’t connect it to aTV and keep the audio on the usb controller...)

ATM is even expensive if you ask me...