Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Nice, thanks for the tip.

• So this will work in Ableton ?

• Wow, this is really a cut above. Thanks @kinkujin

• There's another freebie (older though) there as well but combine the two and shaiiiiit!

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalla-freq-echo/

Feed it into...

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/valhalla-supermassive/

• @Nicebutfun said:
    So this will work in Ableton ?

Yes

• OT - Valhalla Supermassive

I'm definitely calling my next penis this.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    OT - Valhalla Supermassive

Maaaaaan...I almost spit smoothie out onto my iPad when I read this!😂😂😂

• @thatguysmitty said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    OT - Valhalla Supermassive

Maaaaaan...I almost spit smoothie out onto my iPad when I read this!😂😂😂

HAHA! Funniest thing I’ve read today!!

• This thing is so playable it’s not even funny. And the range of behaviors is super broad.

It’s not like Valhalla Delay wasn’t already my favorite reason to open my laptop daw! 🤓

• edited May 2020

@ohwell said:
    This thing is so playable it’s not even funny. And the range of behaviors is super broad.

It’s not like Valhalla Delay wasn’t already my favorite reason to open my laptop daw! 🤓

Sean Costello is on fire. Supermassive is a supermassive hit, and is a fantastic compliment to Delay.

• Indeed. In case anyone doesn’t know Valhalla - they are superb plugins and all either $50 or free. Such amazing value.

If only they were on iOS as well.

• edited May 2020

Holy crap this thing is crazy. I just made a new patch on the OB-6 that was already brooding in nature. Applied the Vger preset and spontaneously recorded the following, pressing random keys.... (I'll prob have to delete the dropbox link here after a bit)

https://dropbox.com/s/3x6qqa2vf7eiv5n/The%20New%20Empire.mp3?dl=0

No other effects applied (patch has some chorus and spring reverb on the synth, plus I used some modest EQ and compression in the DAW).

I should probably do this on purpose (notes played) with the same patch and maybe a couple other sounds here and there and call it a song. I don't do ambient, but, good god this little 2.5 minute thing I recorded is intense.

• @vitocorleone123 A very dark televison program involving familial death somewhere not warm.

• Oh this thing sounds really good and massive :) I like it even more than Valhalla Delay (my second favorite delay plug-in). I´m not the biggest fan of the reverbs from Valhalla DSP (which are great and cheap but not the best for my taste) but this is my favorite Valhalla DSP plug-in and it is freaking free.
    His plug-ins also are a great example of less knobs but powerful editing. I bet i am not alone when i say this tools could fit wonderful on a touch screen. Also the cpu use is really very low for the quality.