Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klevgrand's new fx app SPINN - Full tutorial and preset demo. Krupa won the code!

I have a code to give away for this. Details are on the youtube page. I hate asking this, but - if you find this useful, please give it a like. Big thanks 🙏

This is, at the time of making at least, the only youtube demo for Spinn, which is not an exact Leslie Cabinet emulation (for example, it has more rotors), but it is in that ballpark.

Comments

• I think it's a nice sounding effect, thanks for the tutorial 😊👍

• Great job! Thanks 👍

• Thanks guys, If there's anything you don't like about it, also feel free to mention that in the comments section. Maybe Klevgrand will pay attention there. My only real gripe is that the AU could expand to be bigger, the way Modley can. As you can see in the tutorial, I sometimes had difficulty pressing the arrow correctly when scrolling through presets, I often find this problem with their apps. But yeah, I think it sounds good!

• edited May 2020

@Gavinski thnx gonna watch edit; thumbs up for the built in school :)
    AND this plugin sounds good - ”not my Droid” tho
    edit2; thats a bummer with that tiny gui.

• edited May 2020

Great tutorial and insight @Gavinski. I must admit the spinning rotors are quite mesmerising! I use to do Blade count on vessels in the navy reminds me a bit of watching videos on that!

• they def made the gui on this memorizing

• @Gavinski said:
    Thanks guys, If there's anything you don't like about it, also feel free to mention that in the comments section. Maybe Klevgrand will pay attention there. My only real gripe is that the AU could expand to be bigger, the way Modley can. As you can see in the tutorial, I sometimes had difficulty pressing the arrow correctly when scrolling through presets, I often find this problem with their apps. But yeah, I think it sounds good!

Your Stria tutorial was amazing and this one too. Already subscribed

• edited May 2020

@noob I am an ESL teacher in the real world, so it's kind of a habit at this point, and I don’t have much work art the moment :p Edit: yeah, they Missed the boat a bit with making the GUI so small, I forgot to mention that in the vid.
    @Jumpercollins I love the rotaries too. I’m playing around on it now, Shockwave + Spinn, and they are just beautiful to look at.
    @Prog1967 thanks so much, you have great taste, the Stria tutorial is my fave so far too :p <3

This with Shockwave is actually a very nice combo. Bringing in all these lovely dark rhythmic textures, I’m liking this app more and more. Definitely worth experimenting with how this sounds on a wide variety of audio.

• It’s really nice to play around with the speed of the 4 separate rotaries while playing. Or to set LFOS to automate these. They’ve done a great job with the parameters, looks like basically everything has been opened up to automation, wonderful.

• edited May 2020

Thanks for all the views and comments on youtube by the way guys, mucho appreciated. Might need ot give it the odd bump here too though so it doesn’t fall off the 1st page before it’s time :p

• Nice one @Gavinski - I like your style of tutorials.. calm, cool, collected + thorough.. 👍
    I think the UI is unnecessarily small (unfortunately a common style from Klevgrand - especially arrows to change things).. too difficult to adjust things when you can’t see what you’re doing.. needs to be remedied.. sound wise, it’s a different rotary flavour than Eventide’s but probably just as useful.. didn’t see this one coming +I like that.. outta nowhere..

• Appreciate it Royor. Klevgrand are not the only one guilty of this unfortunately. Tiny text, hard to press buttons, and vast amounts of wasted space are sadly common in iOS apps. I don't understand why they didn't just make it like Modley. Modley could still expand more for my taste, but it is a lot better than this.

• Nice one, @Gavinski

Audiomodern’s apps are also small.
    Thinking if Countinua too, very busy UI, and maybe that’s the reason I don’t use it more often.

I am going to pass on this - exerting self control - while Sliver is being installed 😎

• Yes, I definitely wouldn’t call this an essential purchase, but it does what it does well, despite the interface.

One thing that I think is cool here is that you have the 4 bands. That means 4 moving sound sources at different frequencies. I believe the Leslie only has two, because one of the treble horns is just for balance, or something, it doesn’t actually produce noise. So on the Leslie you have 2 moving sound sources: moving treble and moving bass. In this Klevgrand rotary, you have 4 - low, low mid, high mid and high. So it is a kind of spectral tremolo / vibrato / phase effect.

There is some nice potential here for textural, abstract, Soundscapey stuff.

And the cross fader sliders (the tiny buttons at the top between the rotaries) are very important as low pass filters. I mentioned this in the tutorial but not clearly enough, perhaps. Sliding to the right allows higher frequencies to remain, sliding to the left removes more of the highs.

• Is this effect a sort of lofi FX plugin?

Sorry I didn’t even had time to watch one video...

• @david_2017 Not really, it's more of a tremolo / vibrato / panning type thing, but you can get some grit in the sound, so maybe u could call it slightly lofi. Its definitely nothing along the lines of woodlofier or that kind of thing

• @Gavinski said:
    @david_2017 Not really, it's more of a tremolo / vibrato / panning type thing, but you can get some grit in the sound, so maybe u could call it slightly lofi. Its definitely nothing along the lines of woodlofier or that kind of thing

Thanks man!
    Just in case one has to raise the hand to get the code :) here is my hand 🤚🏼

• edited May 2020

I must say.. after giving it a “spinn” 🙃 it’s another nice vintage analogue magic machine a la Klevgrand. I quite like it. Even when the fans are switched off it’s transforming the audio into this warm analogue dream. Like sending the audio into a big old wooden box that is covered by a blanket. And with fans on it’s like a big old wooden box covered by a blanket that is spinning. Oh well 😅 another character tool. Thanks Klevgrand!

PS: I know that a Leslie is a wooden box. But Klevgrand adds the old and a blanket.
    I prefer it over the Eventide Leslie.

• I think this could really go hand in hand with the ReelBus plugin in combination. Hmm I am intrigued 🤔
    But I dont think it brings more to the table than eventide Rotary?!

• edited May 2020

@david_2017 said:
    I think this could really go hand in hand with the ReelBus plugin in combination. Hmm I am intrigued 🤔
    But I dont think it brings more to the table than eventide Rotary?!

I actually tried out the Spinn demo on desktop. The Rotary plugin I tried on my iPad a few weeks back but I wasn't impressed too much.. So no fair side by side. Maybe someone else can compare both side by side and share his opinion :)

• @jacou I love that description

I'm going to pull the old eventide out later and see how they compare.

• I caved. And not very impressed. It seems to alter fundamentally the sound I’m feeding into it, I’m assuming because of the amp section.

• It does, for sure, that's part of the character of these rotary cabinets, I guess.

• @Gavinski said:
    It does, for sure, that's part of the character of these rotary cabinets, I guess.

@oat_phipps Or maybe not. Was just experimenting with Eventide's rotary. Most of its settings are cleaner, but it does have some that sound more similar to this.

I also just noticed, in Spinn, if the sound is coming out quite different from the source synth or whatever, experimenting with the crossover ('xo') sliders between the fans can help. These switches affect the sound whether the fans are moving or not. Also worth experimenting with the input and output levels.

After more playing, I think the term lofi is fair enough for this Spinn, David, especially compared to the eventide rotary. They have quite a different sound. @david_2017

• edited May 2020

The size and mod knobs also affect the sound even if the fans are not moving and global mode is 'off', by the way

• edited May 2020

@oat_phipps said:
    I caved. And not very impressed. It seems to alter fundamentally the sound I’m feeding into it, I’m assuming because of the amp section.

those pesky FX apps ..doing things like altering the sounds

• So! The lucky winner of the code was....drum roll.....Krupa! @Krupa. I’ll DM it to you

• good contest! congrats @Krupa

• @Gavinski change the post name please. A bit of clickbait, because no free code anymore.