Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Other apps like Samplr and Borderlands?

These two apps are the reason I bought an iPad. I love the way these two allow you to manipulate audio, especially Samplr and the touch aspect. I got FieldScaper and IDensity are cool, too, but they don’t offer the same touch depth of BL and Samplr. Are there any other apps out there that would fit into their category?

Comments

• Spacecraft?

• edited May 2020

Koala Sampler
    @iOSTRAKON (get baited) >:)

• Spacecraft is an obvious candidate.

• @iansainsbury said:
    Spacecraft?

I’ve seen that. Is it playable like Samplr and BL? Is there a different color scheme to that shown in the App Store previews?

• @slicetwo yes, there are several color scheme options, I am sure you can find one you like.

Tardigrain is pretty cool as well.

SampleWiz can be a lot of fun. Crazy interface but has some options for fun sampling.

SampleToy can make some interesting stuff as well, limited but it can be fun.

• edited May 2020

@slicetwo said:

@iansainsbury said:
    Spacecraft?

I’ve seen that. Is it playable like Samplr and BL? Is there a different color scheme to that shown in the App Store previews?

@slicetwo Yes has about 7 different colours schemes I think some from @echoopera yes definitely playable. The other app I can think of is Virtual ANS 3 that although not true touch playable has a moveable playhead and basically plays it self or lets you move it around, comes with deep sound capabilities. Worth checking u tube for videos.

• @slicetwo said:

@iansainsbury said:
    Spacecraft?

It is playable on the screen yes but it is very different from Samplr. I dont have Borderland so I can’t compare that to Spacecraft. Spacecraft has 9 color schemes.

• edited May 2020

Sparkle (cross-synthesis) and Stria

• For sample playing, Spacecraft is the one. It’s just as fun as Samplr and Borderlands.

• TC11/TC Data

• Also check out Dedalus

• I heard @Samflash3 state that Samplr is the most essential app of all time ever

• Glitchcore has a touch aspect and mangles audio

• @slicetwo said:
    These two apps are the reason I bought an iPad. I love the way these two allow you to manipulate audio, especially Samplr and the touch aspect. I got FieldScaper and IDensity are cool, too, but they don’t offer the same touch depth of BL and Samplr. Are there any other apps out there that would fit into their category?

TC-11

• Try GliderVerb. It’s unique and original. Maybe not exacly what you are looking for, but I just wanted to add a suggestion of mine.

BTW, I know I can edit loop in a DAW but I’m looking for a quick audio editor/sampler to work quickly with sampler. I need these fonctions: pitch shifter, reverse, slow/speedup, filter, cut and trim easy. A kind of AudioShare but with more option. I love the simplicity of AudioShare. I realise that I only use App that I love the worflow.

Any suggestion are welcome.

Oh and, Filatron by Moog is a very cool app. It miss a couple of features, but for the price, I can’t complaint.

Cheers!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I heard @Samflash3 state that Samplr is the most essential app of all time ever

• 😅

@Samflash3 said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I heard @Samflash3 state that Samplr is the most essential app of all time ever

• For getting different perspectives on directly playing or interacting with sound or music:

• TC-11
    • Geoshred
    • Thumbjam, Drumjam
    • AC Sabre
    • SoundPrism, Fingertip
    • ChordMap2, ChordMapMidi
    • Clawtar
    • Mononoke (Pads)
    • Velocity KB, KB-1
  • edited May 2020

SampleWiz, MorphWiz, FingerFiddle

• edited May 2020

@slicetwo said:

It's really worth spending more time with these!
    Other potential candidates:
    Gestrument
    and
    TriqTraq

Both are really made for touch interfaces and fun to use as such.

• No one’s mentioned Shoom?

• As a bit of a left-field suggestion: Jasuto

Jasuto is a node-based modular synth, like Audulus or zMors Modular, but what makes this unique is that the level of signals between nodes is controlled by the distance between the nodes. So you can really play it by moving the nodes around with your fingers. Furthermore, like Borderlands, there's a motion recorder, so you can record and playback these movements (but better than Borderlands, you can trigger these motions; loop or leave as one-shots; etc.).

Another unique thing, though not touch related, is that there are FFTs and iFFTs so you can do frequency domain processing which the other modulars can't.

Jasuto hasn't had a ton of updates in the past few years (like Marcos, the Dev of Samplr, Chris was hired by Apple and stuck in a weird place regarding making his own apps), but the Dev has indicated he wants to add to it in the future....

• Sliver

• Loving all these suggestions. Sliver and Spacecraft look like they would fit in with what I'm looking for, especially Spacecraft. Thanks for all the recommendations!

• @slicetwo said:
    Loving all these suggestions. Sliver and Spacecraft look like they would fit in with what I'm looking for, especially Spacecraft. Thanks for all the recommendations!

+1 on Spacecraft.

• @Jes said:
    Sliver

+1 on Sliver

• @gkillmaster said:

@Jes said:
    Sliver

+1 on Sliver

What’s Sliver?

• @despego said:

@gkillmaster said:

@Jes said: