Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bismark bs-16i version 4.0 is out

https://apps.apple.com/app/id388149926

・Now all WaveTable / Song / Scenes files are managed in “bs-16i” folder of your iCloud Drive, and synced between all iOS / iPadOS devices.
・New UI layout for iPadOS (New screen with keyboard and mixer, horizontally scrollable mixer)
・Each AUv3 instance now can save WaveTable file path.
・Improved AUv3 UI layout for various screen sizes
・Support latest iOS / iPadOS versions (Dark mode partly supported)
・Integrated with Audiobus SDK 3.0.11

Comments

• Nice. Just download it. I like it.

• Trying to change poly or sample in synth settings auto crashes iPadOS 13.4.1 256gb iPad Air 3

• edited May 2020

yes! thought he given up - switching back to bs16 now B)
    this update is great.
    Layr fun 16 channel monster synth

• The 4.0.1 update just dropped too...

• edited May 2020

edit; its a bugfest ( 4.0.1)... try change efx delay type... and AU general wierdness..
    back to drawingboard bs16 :).
    back to soundfontsAU

• @noob said:
    edit; its a bugfest ( 4.0.1)... try change efx delay type... and AU general wierdness..
    back to drawingboard bs16 :).
    back to soundfontsAU

The first thing I always do in bs16i is to turn down the reverb and disable all the effects... :D
    (Would love to see an option to globally disable all the effects).

• Working great here so far!

• edited May 2020

hmm.. launch it in standalone and try change settings-efx-delay, i get crash

• edited May 2020

So there’s no way to load soundfont libraries without using icloud drive now? All my libraries fail to load. So if not online, or choosing not to use icloud drive, this is now useless?

• edited May 2020

@musikeer said:
    So there’s no way to load soundfont libraries without using icloud drive now? All my libraries fail to load. So if not online, or choosing not to use icloud drive, this is now useless?

iCloudDrive keeps local copies of the files local as long as there is enough space left on the device.
    For me it's working fine even when wifi is turned off.

Sure I don't have multi-gigabyte SF2 files, but I've got roughly 350MB's worth of SF2 files in BS-16i and all of them work flawlessly.

I suspect that when iPadOS13.5 drops next week part of the housekeeping iOS does is to clear out locally cached files so most likely BS-16i will re-download the files from iCloud back to the device on first launch.

I mostly use it as AUv3 and have not bumped into any issues yet...

• edited May 2020

So if not using icloud drive initially, to get the files locally stored, it’s not possible to access them? This makes no sense to me... if the libraries are already stored locally, as used by the previous version of the app, why is icloud necessary for this update to access them?

• @musikeer said:
    So if not using icloud drive initially, to get the files locally stored, it’s not possible to access them? This makes no sense to me... if the libraries are already stored locally, as used by the previous version of the app, why is icloud necessary for this update to access them?

If you had local libraries prior to the update these are moved to the iCloudDrive location (stored locally on device when wifi is off) and synced to the cloud when there's internet connection.

For me this is a non-issues as all AppleID accounts include at least 5GB of cloud storage...
    (Since my previous laptop where I stored all the sound font files was stolen the option for iCloudDrive made it possible for me to recover the soundfont files since they were previously stored in the apps storage container that was not accessible via iTunes or iFunBox).

You can still import soundfont files from other locations if needed...

• edited May 2020

not impressed. seems like a rushed release tbh

• heshes
    edited May 2020

@White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id388149926

・Now all WaveTable / Song / Scenes files are managed in “bs-16i” folder of your iCloud Drive, and synced between all iOS / iPadOS devices.

Why is this? I don't use iCloud and thus don't even have it enabled on my iPad. Nor do I want to use iCloud.

I haven't tried SoundfontsAU yet, but expect I will switch to it. I didn't need any of the additional features in BS-16 anyway, just want a simple soundfont host.

• You can still import soundfont files from other locations if needed...

How is this done without icloud?

• @musikeer said:

Easy...
    In BS-16i go to Settings -> Wavetables, Tap on a Library Slot, Scroll down and tap on Import WaveTable File (that takes you to the Document Picker). Browse to a location on your iPad to import the file).

Another way would be to send the SF2 file to BS-16i using 'Open In...'

• edited May 2020

@noob said:
    not impressed. seems like a rushed release tbh![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/s5/

If you have a newer device it may be related to your screen size. Report this to the dev, they don’t typically have every device size to test with. Restart your device and try to delete and reinstall.

• @yowza uuh.. this release is a mess

• It’s running flawlessly so far on my old Air 2 with newest iPad OS sorry for your troubles

• @yowza said:
    It’s running flawlessly so far on my old Air 2 with newest iPad OS sorry for your troubles

+1 Working fine here on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.4.1...
    ...sometimes I'm really happy I'm not rushing with getting a new iPad.
    Remains to be seen if iPadOS14 will support the iPad Air 2 :)

• I don't understand what's the point of this iCloud restriction... it's turned off here and renders otherwise useful tool useless...

• @Samu said:
    Remains to be seen if iPadOS14 will support the iPad Air 2 :)

Rumor is that ios14 will support all devices that have ios13. Ive got an iPhone 7 so I hope that’s the case.

• @Samu said:

@musikeer said:

Easy...
    In BS-16i go to Settings -> Wavetables, Tap on a Library Slot, Scroll down and tap on Import WaveTable File (that takes you to the Document Picker). Browse to a location on your iPad to import the file).

Another way would be to send the SF2 file to BS-16i using 'Open In...'

Hi Samu, thanks for responding. That works for you, presumably because you've already used icloud with the app. The app immediately crashes if icloud isn't, and hasn't been enabled, so it's impossible to import or "open in". Wouldn't it be possible having icloud storage as an option, and continue the previous app's feature working as before?

I don't want to be forced into using icloud. Yet another instance of a developer disabling/crippling an app's usage with an "update."

• @musikeer said:

I don't want to be forced into using icloud. Yet another instance of a developer disabling/crippling an app's usage with an "update."

Understood. I've only got the 'free' 5GB's of iCloud storage so I don't mind using it and it's actually quite handy when I download stuff as I just put them on the iCloud Drive in the Finder and they pop up on both my iPad and iPhone.

For me the iCloud Drive support saved the day as I was able to recover my sound font files from the apps storage container that was not visible to iTunes, iFunBox etc.

Send the dev some feedback and as for alternate storage options...
    (He's pretty responsive on his FB page).

Wether we like it or not iCloud Drive is here to stay so we better get used to it ;)

Rumor has it that we'll get more 'free' storage when iPadOS14 drops...
    (I can't stand DropBox or Google Drive).

• edited May 2020

@Samu said:

Wether we like it or not iCloud Drive is here to stay so we better get used to it ;)

I think a great compromise needs to be reached; I have to use icloud drive. I’ve used Dropbox very successfully for years, Samu doesn’t but uses icloud drive. I see that it’s pointless and useless to resist and perhaps more compatible. And what’s the difference anyway, unless it’s one of security. Plus there’s the whole get off my lawn thing.

Edit... works great of course. Thanks Samu.

• auv3 presets of old project won’t open the correct preset after update.
    That’s not fun -16i

Any workaround?

Will it do the same on Soundfonts au?

• @musikeer said:

@Samu said:

I think a great compromise needs to be reached; I have to use icloud drive. I’ve used Dropbox very successfully for years, Samu doesn’t but uses icloud drive. I see that it’s pointless and useless to resist and perhaps more compatible. And what’s the difference anyway, unless it’s one of security. Plus there’s the whole get off my lawn thing.

Edit... works great of course. Thanks Samu.

I use both. iCloud for intermediate storage, Dropbox for longer-term and bulk storage. Been working pretty well for me.

• edited May 2020

Good selection of free sf2 instruments here

https://cymatics.fm/blogs/production/soundfonts

I have not updated yet. Would prefer just the usual Files connectivity

• I don’t own either, but what are the advantages of bs-16 over the SoundFonts app?

I actually like iCloud support tbf!