Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus + Moog Model D problem

When I use the Moog Model D in Audiobus, I can not change the midi channel input in the Model D. When I use Model D in standalone mode, I can select many midi channel, but I lost this option with Audiobus. The Model D will receive midi in omni mode when I use in with Audiobus. How can I fix this?

I want to use a mide sequencer on 3 midi track to 3 differents synths.

Comments

• Maybe AudioBus simply needs better midi routing and filtering options?
    This is a non issue un AUM and apeMatrix.

• @Samu said:
    Maybe AudioBus simply needs better midi routing and filtering options?

I dont have AUM, but if I buy ApeMatrix, this will solve my problem?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Samu said:
    Maybe AudioBus simply needs better midi routing and filtering options?

I dont have AUM, but if I buy ApeMatrix, this will solve my problem?

Depends on what you're doing really...
    There is no need for AudioBus when you host the AUv3's in apeMatrix.

apeMatrix has one midi-filter for each connection but it can not from what I've seen do channel re-mapping.
    The remapping is not an issues if you can select the midi-channel on your controller, the built-in keyboard also allows midi-channel selection.

For live use and if there is a need to record the output from the AUv3's AUM is an essential tool...

• If you a using Fugue Machine, just send the individual tracks to the different synths, one track and synth per Audiobus Midi lane.
    Audiobus will keep them separated.

• You can use a small program called mfxStrip between the midi sender and Model D on each track. MfxStrip will allow you to filter out all but one midi channel before it gets to Model D.

AUM is something you'll want for sure, but this is a quick and inexpensive alternative, especially if you're like me and enjoy the Audiobus workflow.

• @wim said:
    You can use a small program called mfxStrip between the midi sender and Model D on each track. MfxStrip will allow you to filter out all but one midi channel before it gets to Model D.

AUM is something you'll want for sure, but this is a quick and inexpensive alternative, especially if you're like me and enjoy the Audiobus workflow.

I did not realise it, but I had already bought Midi Tools during the Black Friday and it solve my problem.

I had contributed to a lot of forum in my life and this one is something special.

Thank you

• @CracklePot said:
    If you a using Fugue Machine, just send the individual tracks to the different synths, one track and synth per Audiobus Midi lane.
    Audiobus will keep them separated.

The more I use Fugue Machine, the more I like it.