Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Mini 5 heat, multitasking and AUM questions

I’m thinking about a Mini 5 because of its smaller form factor, and have a few questions:

How is heating under heavy load? No throttling even after a few hours? My Air 3 is barely warm under load and performance is stable. And about battery life in comparison with bigger iPads in intensive tasks?

About multitasking, my combo of choice is to use AUM with GroupTheLoop in slide over. How does it look/is it usable on Mini 5, not too small?

Also can you confirm that in landscape mode AUM allows to display 4 nodes per channel at the same time like a standard iPad? For example an iPhone 7 Plus can display 4 nodes while regular iPhone 7 only 3.

Thanks

Comments

• Any comments for iPad mini users? @dendy perhaps? :)

• edited May 2020

@Janosax Not used this combo on my new Mini 5 yet, but here is a quick screenshot.

I'm enjoying the device a lot at the moment.

My main workhorse is a 2nd gen 12.9 pro, which I love for the real estate. But I'm finding the mini quick and convenient.

• Have not had any heat multitasking issues w my Mini5 to date

• Big thanks @SpookyZoo and @jjkjjk for your feedback, that sounds and looks cool. Multitasking layout is almost similar to Air 3.

• Didn't noticed any significant heating, with exception of when my battery was almost on zero, so i plugged it to charger and continued to work with project which drained 80% of CPU power :))))

In general - during charing it is a little bit warm, which is obvious (every LION battery gets hot during charging)... Didn't noticed any significant heat during using music apps or playing PUBG mobile :lol:

• @dendy said:
    Didn't noticed any significant heating, with exception of when my battery was almost on zero, so i plugged it to charger and continued to work with project which drained 80% of CPU power :))))

In general - during charing it is a little bit warm, which is obvious (every LION battery gets hot during charging)... Didn't noticed any significant heat during using music apps or playing PUBG mobile :lol:

Thanks for your feedback ;)