Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vintage Roland TR-808 Rim Shot sound

Hi,
while building my own set of analog drum models, I've found a lot of synthesized kicks, snares, claps, toms, also some cymbals but the 808 rim shot seems to be a rarity.

So here comes my take on it, done with Drambo:
https://patchstorage.com/808-rim-shot/

Comments

• Cheers!

• Update: An even more authentic 808 rim shot added on Track 2.
    Same link on patchstorage.

• Awesome! Requests

1. Make them round robin! Of course you would expect to hear that from me 😉 but this is actually one of the more important situations where rr is preferred. When the samples are from actual analog sources, and not just old hardware drum machines with samples, variations are very noticeable and create an organic sound. NI has done rr a long time with Battery.
    2. Please make them into AL instruments and share them with me 😉
  • @joachim_s said:
    Awesome! Requests

1. Make them round robin! Of course you would expect to hear that from me 😉 but this is actually one of the more important situations where rr is preferred. When the samples are from actual analog sources, and not just old hardware drum machines with samples, variations are very noticeable and create an organic sound. NI has done rr a long time with Battery.
    2. Please make them into AL instruments and share them with me 😉

Can you send me a high quality audio recording of multiple rim shots from a real 808?
    I don't own one so I don't know what to model.