Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• @spiteface said:
    I’d really like to know how to get rid of Spliqs I will never use if anyone has figured that out.

You mean your saved snapshots? On the export page just select the clip you want to kill and then hit the minus-in-a-circle top right...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@spiteface said:
    I’d really like to know how to get rid of Spliqs I will never use if anyone has figured that out.

You mean your saved snapshots? On the export page just select the clip you want to kill and then hit the minus-in-a-circle top right...

Maybe I'm using the wrong term but I what I meant was, for instance, John Legend's All of Me. I'd prefer to forget that song exists and certainly don't care to see it at the top of the list offered up as "Inspiration."

• @spiteface said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@spiteface said:

Maybe I'm using the wrong term but I what I meant was, for instance, John Legend's All of Me. I'd prefer to forget that song exists and certainly don't care to see it at the top of the list offered up as "Inspiration."

No, sorry, I've had a word with Johnny L and you're stuck with him for the duration :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@spiteface said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@spiteface said:

No, sorry, I've had a word with Johnny L and you're stuck with him for the duration :)

He is a Legend, after all.

• Hi everybody, first let me thank you for all the positive comments, requests and valuable feedback you have provided on Piano Motifs. Also I can’t wait to see what a great group of extremely creative people can do with the motifs generated by the app. I will try to reply to your questions on this thread as best I can.

Like @tehskwrl mentioned, this is my first incursion into music apps. As such, I still have a lot to learn about streamlined MIDI connectivity and Audio Units, but it does sound as the next evolution step for this app.

A new version of the app, version 1.5, will be released shortly, which addresses some of the requests on the thread.

If you are interested, you can go to http://soundcloud.com/azul-3d if you want to listen to some samples of the music that Piano Motifs can generate.

Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

• @bleep said:
    Is speed the only control you have regarding what´s produced?

Have you exhausted its patterns, or is this thing algorithmically producing an endless variation of motifs?

The app has a large set of preset chord progressions and also has the ability to generate random chord progressions. It also has a large set of predefined accompaniments. The melodies are produced algorithmically, so there are endless variations.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    Hi everybody, first let me thank you for all the positive comments, requests and valuable feedback you have provided on Piano Motifs. Also I can’t wait to see what a great group of extremely creative people can do with the motifs generated by the app. I will try to reply to your questions on this thread as best I can.

Like @tehskwrl mentioned, this is my first incursion into music apps. As such, I still have a lot to learn about streamlined MIDI connectivity and Audio Units, but it does sound as the next evolution step for this app.

A new version of the app, version 1.5, will be released shortly, which addresses some of the requests on the thread.

If you are interested, you can go to http://soundcloud.com/azul-3d if you want to listen to some samples of the music that Piano Motifs can generate.

Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for creating this app, it's really good 😊 👍

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    One thing that would be nice is if you could pause a motif. Sometime there are some I don’t want to use and have to wait for it to finish and can be a little tiring

@Fingolfinzzz, thanks for your feedback, this is something we always wanted to implement. A soon to be released version, version 1.5, adds a skip button for new motifs being generated.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Could do with a feature to let you know the bpm and instead of a simple hot cold tempo would be really useful. Thanks

Hi @Toastedghost, thanks for your feedback. A soon to be released version (version 1.5) adds the ability to display the bpm below the slider. When the info button on the top right of the screen is activated the bpm will be displayed.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I know it selects a random key and 1 of 3 scales, but does it show you which Key/Scale Each individual motif is in?

Hi @Poppadocrock, in the soon to be released version (version 1.5) we have added the ability to display the key, scale, time signature and bpm of a motif that is being played. This information will be displayed when the info button at the top right of the screen is activated.
    We have also added one more scale mode: Dorian 😀

• @spiteface said:
    It seems to me like the embedded bpm for exported midi is 2x what it should be for Piano Motifs. When I import to Cubasis or Zenbeats and add a placeholder drum loop to work out the rest of the song, the piano part sounds the way it should but the import has set the bpm so high that the drummer is going absolutely bananas.

Is there any way to change the bpm associated with a midi file??

Hi @spiteface, I don’t know if this will fix your issue, but in version 1.5 (which should be released tomorrow) we have fixed issues with the bpm of the exported MIDI file, more specifically when the time signature was 3/4.

• @azul3D_Apps pleased to see you here and congratulations on an app that while (apparently) simple, offers much. Thanks!

• @tehskwrl said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So what’s the consensus on this app? It’s up to #14 on US App Store in Music category. I’m about to buy but would really like to know if it it shows you which key/scale each motif is in?

It tells you no informations, not even the tempo its playing at. You only get a slider (to adjust the tempo) and a play button. Once you have listened to the motif, you can save it as either audio or midi (and go back and save the other after). I reached out to the developer and he has expressed interest in adding MIDI connectivity, but this is their first music app. I directed him to this forum, maybe he’ll be an active participant. Honestly, the motifs are great and you do get useable files in the end; they’re just a bit mysterious.

@tehskwrl, thanks for directing me to the forum.
    “they’re just a bit mysterious” 😂

• @white @JohnnyGoodyear, thanks for the warm welcome 😊

• @azul3D_Apps said:>
    @tehskwrl, thanks for directing me to the forum.
    “they’re just a bit mysterious” 😂

Welcome to the forum =^_^= I’m glad you came, it’s a great place to learn and interact.

I enjoy a bit of mystery :wink: Thank you for providing it!

• @azul3D_Apps just got this, REALLY GREAT! The first thing it came out with was just so damn beautiful. Copied it into AUM via audioshare, put it at 40 percent the original speed, added some woodlofier for a bit of wow and flutter type shenanigans some and audio degrading, added reverb before and after, I'm in heaven!

One thing I notice is that the loop isn't syncing totally properly, there is a gap of about half a second. Wonder why that would be?

• Great little generator, this one. I picked it up and 10 seconds later the mentioned 1.5 update was out:)

@azul3D_Apps perhaps the updated info also could display the chord names used in the progression? Would make it easier to set up accompanying progressions in other midi apps (like Touchscaper).

@azul3D_Apps said:

AUv3 audio units are probably a bit daunting to approach in your first incursion, but there was recently a link to some example AUv3 app framework code in this forum. Can't remember the link ...
    Would be awesome if you manage to take this app in that direction!

• It was good, after the update it’s great.
    Maybe one day we can even choose the scale :)
    5 stars.

• @Gavinski said:
    @azul3D_Apps just got this, REALLY GREAT! The first thing it came out with was just so damn beautiful. Copied it into AUM via audioshare, put it at 40 percent the original speed, added some woodlofier for a bit of wow and flutter type shenanigans some and audio degrading, added reverb before and after, I'm in heaven!

One thing I notice is that the loop isn't syncing totally properly, there is a gap of about half a second. Wonder why that would be?

I found that little gap too, but from when i was loading into Photon. If the loop was set to “start now”, it would loop normal, but if it was set to “start on bar” there is a gap...

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    @white @JohnnyGoodyear, thanks for the warm welcome 😊

Love your app. I use it as a piano sample maker in every tracks🤘🤘🤘

• Definitely need an option to stop it playing something the whole way through though, will look forward to that being added.

Knowing the key, time signature and bpm is nice, it's fun to try and guess these while on your first listen to a new one.

• I would really like a feature where you can select in advance the minimum octave used in the piece. Because I like to slow things down to 2/3 or 1/2 speed, and this works better with the original recording at a higher pitch, otherwise it is very boomy. But I think for other uses this would also be good. For example, people might want their piano bit to be used for a bass, or be in the mid range, or more treble, so this would be good for lots of use cases. @azul3D_Apps

• I downloaded this an hour ago and the skip button is already implemented - fantastic!

@Gavinski - your idea to set minimum octave is great, perfect for when repitching

• Yes, and maybe set a maximum one too would be good

• I just updated this morning and I don't see a skip button in the new version? Where is that?

• Yes, I also downloaded it after the update came out, no skip function that I can see!

• @drewinnit can u enlighten us as to how to skip pls? :)

• I’ve only spent 5 minutes playing with this, so maybe I’m confused but the button in middle of screen seemed to stop the audio.

• Aha, there was another update pushed out today that includes the skip button and other goodies! Check for the latest update if you don't see the skip button.

• Oh good I’m glad it wasn’t a false alarm :)