Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post Your DramboJams

Comments

• Thanks. I’ve always wanted multiple Impaktors and a way to manipulate them on the fly.

• drambo jams = drams

• Some lunchtime fun using some great SonalSystem patches for Audio Damage Continua and Quanta. Be sure and check them out if you rock these synths on iOS or Desktop:

Continua Patches:
    https://sonalsystem.com/collections/recent-releases/products/noir

Quanta Patches:
    https://sonalsystem.com/collections/recent-releases/products/strung-granular-vol1

As always, many thanks for watching :)

• I say using other apps for sounds posted in the DramboJams thread is cheating >:)

• @ElectroHead said:
    I say using other apps for sounds posted in the DramboJams thread is cheating >:)

Hahah. Why?

Drambo is a great sequencer. It's the brains of the composition.

Without Drambo this track would not have been made since I used a lot of P-Locks, Randomness, Chance and Cycles Conditions. Drambo is freedom! :)

• @echoopera said:

@ElectroHead said:
    I say using other apps for sounds posted in the DramboJams thread is cheating >:)

Hahah. Why?

Drambo is a great sequencer. It's the brains of the composition.

Without Drambo this track would not have been made since I used a lot of P-Locks, Randomness, Chance and Cycles Conditions. Drambo is freedom! :)

I admit, I was being a tad provocative ;-} Still, I'm interested in what people can come up with Drambo alone as it's so flexible / deep.

• Fair enough...however, in all honestly I view Drambo as the OctaTrack on iOS we've all been asking for, so I don't really care where the audio is coming from since it's controlling everything as the brains of the musical experience.

@childofthecorndog has some great examples on his site and a couple Volumes of Patches exclusively for Drambo which are awesome:

The Tubes:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeAYRLH9462FG9nvIs2frnQ

COTCD Patches:
    https://payhip.com/childofthecorndog

Cheers,
    -echo opera

• @echoopera said:
    Fair enough...however, in all honestly I view Drambo as the OctaTrack on iOS we've all been asking for, so I don't really care where the audio is coming from......

Drambo will be offended at that statement completely ignoring its sound generating capabilities!

Drambo is potentially iOS OT + Digitone + Modal Cycles + Nord Drum +++++

https://patchstorage.com/tomlj-rs2000-synthetic-drum-collaboration/ (free)

• @ElectroHead said:

@echoopera said:
    Fair enough...however, in all honestly I view Drambo as the OctaTrack on iOS we've all been asking for, so I don't really care where the audio is coming from......

Drambo will be offended at that statement completely ignoring its sound generating capabilities!

Drambo is potentially iOS OT + Digitone + Modal Cycles + Nord Drum +++++

https://patchstorage.com/tomlj-rs2000-synthetic-drum-collaboration/ (free)

:)

DRAMBO = What Ever We Desire to Manifest thru good works

• edited May 2020

Had a really good chill night with Drambo. Was just playing around with multiple FlexiSamplers and got lost + found on this little improv session.

Really had a great sense of the flow state while making this one...hopefully it comes across as so for everyone listening...🙏🏼💕

FWIW, it’s actually 2 tracks...i got to the end of the first one, and i just felt like continuing to see where i ended up...been a while since I’ve done this.

SoundCloud:

YouTube:

Thanks for indulging me 👊🏼™️

• edited May 2020

• @echoopera said:
    Had a really good chill night with Drambo. Was just playing around with multiple FlexiSamplers and got lost + found on this little improv session.

Really had a great sense of the flow state while making this one...hopefully it comes across as so for everyone listening...🙏🏼💕

FWIW, it’s actually 2 tracks...i got to the end of the first one, and i just felt like continuing to see where i ended up...been a while since I’ve done this.

SoundCloud:

YouTube:

Thanks for indulging me 👊🏼™️

Really like it.

You've got some good stuff going on there. ✊🏽©️

• Well this is turning out to be a lot of fun:

• Where the relationship is taking me at the moment.
    I have 2 instances of Drambo running in AUM. The first instance is repurposing a bunch of samples i took from sequencing my MicroFreak and twisting the samples around in Drambo to get something different out of them.
    The 2nd instance of Drambo is driving the Digitone which is being randomly played throughout the overall sequence.

It’s all then being rerouted into some nice fx of REAmp, Barricade, Dubstation and EQ’d

• edited May 2020

Latest Drambo sequencing most tracks with some noodling on top. Lead uses TAL-UNO-LX with FAC Phazer.

• Had a few spare hours on Friday and whipped up a quick live techno jam. Drambo doing all the sequencing here, lots of flexisamplers too

• Taking all the wonderful things I’ve learned from Elektron boxes and applying them to this little Drambo experiment. Thanks so much for watching and indulging my little sonic journies:

• @drewinnit said:
    Had a few spare hours on Friday and whipped up a quick live techno jam. Drambo doing all the sequencing here, lots of flexisamplers too

Me likes very much! Drambo only?

• @ElectroHead said:
    Me likes very much! Drambo only?

Drambo is doing all the sequencing, all drums and percussion coming from Drambo too.

Main bass is Bleass Alpha, second bass is LaGrange. A few other synths in there including PureAcid. Lots of FX too, Glitchcore, Phazer, and Bandit on almost every channel :smiley:

• @drewinnit said:
    Had a few spare hours on Friday and whipped up a quick live techno jam. Drambo doing all the sequencing here, lots of flexisamplers too

Amazing. How do you get the lightning pads on your LCXL? Mine doesnt give me the chance.

• @Vlad11 said:

Amazing. How do you get the lightning pads on your LCXL? Mine doesnt give me the chance.

I use a Mozaic script which the very generous @_ki developed, you can find it here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/733818/#Comment_733818

I'm sending MIDI CC 3 on those buttons, you can edit the script to send your own preferred CC. Mozaic and LCXL both need to send and receive to/from each other

• Happy Monday everyone. Hope this finds you all doing well:

• Hello everyone. Decided to do a little live jam recording of what i typically do when using the FlexiSampler in Drambo.
    The video walks you thru a GrooveBox sequence i quickly mix and export the clips to be sequenced in Drambo to create a completely different groove. I really enjoy working this way because something new and different always materializes and this is why i have ❤️ 💕 for the DRAMBO 👊🏼™️

Let me know if you have any questions:

• edited May 2020

@Vlad11 said:

@drewinnit said:

Really enjoyed his track. Nice work 👊🏼™️

• Thanks Mr Opera, your work in Drambo has been a big inspiration for me :)

• @echoopera said:
    Hello everyone. Decided to do a little live jam recording of what i typically do when using the FlexiSampler in Drambo.
    The video walks you thru a GrooveBox sequence i quickly mix and export the clips to be sequenced in Drambo to create a completely different groove. I really enjoy working this way because something new and different always materializes and this is why i have ❤️ 💕 for the DRAMBO 👊🏼™️

Incredible to watch, this is an in-depth lesson in drambology.

• edited May 2020

@drewinnit said:

@echoopera said:
    Hello everyone. Decided to do a little live jam recording of what i typically do when using the FlexiSampler in Drambo.

Incredible to watch, this is an in-depth lesson in drambology.

Many thanks. I learn something new in Drambo every time i open it. Glad you enjoyed the process video.

• Still having as much fun as i possibly can with Drambo. The focus as of late has been to see how far i can push 16 Steps into feeling evolving and not too repetitive using a bunch of playback conditionals like Chance, Cycle Playback and LFO’s.

So far i am really enjoying the process. As always many thanks for watching and listening. Hope this little jam soothes the nerves and helps you chill:

🙏🏼💕

• @drewinnit said:

@Vlad11 said:

I use a Mozaic script which the very generous @_ki developed, you can find it here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/733818/#Comment_733818

I'm sending MIDI CC 3 on those buttons, you can edit the script to send your own preferred CC. Mozaic and LCXL both need to send and receive to/from each other

Cool info! I was doing the same via MIDIFire.

• edited June 2020

Any decent videos yet of Drambo MIDI Learn either in setting up or performance?