Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge updates to AudioShare and AUM

Comments

• just tap loop works too.....

• @tpj said:
    @j_liljedahl

The send to aum fileplayer from audioshare is brilliant.

i just exported a loop from GTL to AUM fileplayer in 6 taps which is freaking amazing.

1. It could be 3 taps if you could set the sync settings of the Aum player turned on by default. Because you still have to turn them on every time. Which is 3 taps.
      Seems to me that turning them on is what most users do most of the time.

I can make it remember your last settings, so when creating a new FilePlayer it defaults to the settings you had last time.

1. Would it be an option to have the audioshare provider plugin as a ios shortcut? Then you could perhaps also have it stored in a specific folder in audioshare.
      for example you share a file using export settings in lLoopy or GTL and have it stored in Audioshare in a specific 'app name' folder.

I'm not sure what this means are what you want to achieve?

Would also love to see the current AUM trackname added to the filename of a recording when done in AUM.

It already does, as far as I can tell? If I have a channel named "Test" and make a recording from it, the resulting file will be called "Ch 1 (Test) - 120 bpm - 001".

Thank you for the amazing work!

Thanks!

• I'm sorry if this is not the correct thread, but when I load an AUV3 in AUM, there are 4 icons at the top.
    Keyboard, Sources, Presets, and what is the 4th? I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks!

• @Sylaar said:
    I'm sorry if this is not the correct thread, but when I load an AUV3 in AUM, there are 4 icons at the top.
    Keyboard, Sources, Presets, and what is the 4th? I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks!

It would open built in keyboard for the instrument. You can test it with Moog Model 15 (the only one I know of)

• Got it, thanks so much

• tpjtpj
    edited May 2020

@j_liljedahl said:

@tpj said:
    @j_liljedahl

The send to aum fileplayer from audioshare is brilliant.

i just exported a loop from GTL to AUM fileplayer in 6 taps which is freaking amazing.

1. It could be 3 taps if you could set the sync settings of the Aum player turned on by default. Because you still have to turn them on every time. Which is 3 taps.
      Seems to me that turning them on is what most users do most of the time.

I can make it remember your last settings, so when creating a new FilePlayer it defaults to the settings you had last time.

That would be perfect!

1. Would it be an option to have the audioshare provider plugin as a ios shortcut? Then you could perhaps also have it stored in a specific folder in audioshare.
      for example you share a file using export settings in lLoopy or GTL and have it stored in Audioshare in a specific 'app name' folder.

I'm not sure what this means are what you want to achieve?

Then you wouldnt have to create a folder or navigate to a specific folder first in audioshare before you export. Because on export it drops the file in the current audioshare location.
    So you have to move a file every time because by default it outs the file in the root folder of audioshare.
    In shortcuts you could create a action that saves file X in folder X. Just saves a lot of time organizing if you know in front where you want save it.
    But its not critical because organizing files in audioshare is great.

Would also love to see the current AUM trackname added to the filename of a recording when done in AUM.

It already does, as far as I can tell? If I have a channel named "Test" and make a recording from it, the resulting file will be called "Ch 1 (Test) - 120 bpm - 001".

I just checked. It does when you rename a track. But when i add for example Animoog to a track. It gets autonamed Animoog, which is great so you dont have to rename most of the time.
    But when i record it only gets the tracknumber in the filename. So this doesn't seem to work with autonamed tracks.

Thank you for the amazing work!

Thanks!

• @tpj said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@tpj said:

I just checked. It does when you rename a track. But when i add for example Animoog to a track. It gets autonamed Animoog, which is great so you dont have to rename most of the time.
    But when i record it only gets the tracknumber in the filename. So this doesn't seem to work with autonamed tracks.

+1 on this! The auto-naming doesn't carry over to the recorded file. But because it's auto-named I don't think to manually name the channel and end up with a bunch of generic file names!

• Whoa, version 1.3.7 just went live here!

• @NoiseFloored said:
    Whoa, version 1.3.7 just went live here!

what is this switch to aum midi control?

• @reasOne You can map a MIDI control to switch from any another app to AUM

• edited May 2020

wooo animations speedup ..and it feels snappier nice one Master L :)

• @j_liljedahl thanks for your fantastic work on AUM. I use it everyday. Wondering if it’d be possible to have transport controls from a qwerty keyboard? I’m used to hitting that space bar to start stuff :)

• @ion677 said:
    @j_liljedahl thanks for your fantastic work on AUM. I use it everyday. Wondering if it’d be possible to have transport controls from a qwerty keyboard? I’m used to hitting that space bar to start stuff :)

Big +1 for this.

• Is there a way in Audiobus to adjust your effect when you are playing on a synth like in AUM with a control pannel? If I use Animoog or any synth with BackHole I want to be able to tweak Animoog and BlackHole on the same page, I don’t want to switch app each time. Thank you!

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @reasOne You can map a MIDI control to switch from any another app to AUM

@j_liljedahl EXCELLENT!

• @SimonSomeone said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@j_liljedahl EXCELLENT!

Sigh. OK. I'll ask. What does that mean? For example?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is there a way in Audiobus to adjust your effect when you are playing on a synth like in AUM with a control pannel? If I use Animoog or any synth with BackHole I want to be able to tweak Animoog and BlackHole on the same page, I don’t want to switch app each time. Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand the question fully. If you want to control two apps at the same time from a single page, then you need a separate app that can send midi to both of them. There are lots of options for this. However, I suggest you start a separate thread as this one is specifically about the latest updates to AUM.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@SimonSomeone said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@j_liljedahl EXCELLENT!

You’re on a different app page, say a web browser, and AUM is running in the background. You hit F#4. It magically takes you back to AUM.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@SimonSomeone said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@j_liljedahl EXCELLENT!

Say you’re using an IAA app, you can map a MIDI CC button to switch to it, and another to switch back to AUM

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

• @wim said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    Is there a way in Audiobus to adjust your effect when you are playing on a synth like in AUM with a control pannel? If I use Animoog or any synth with BackHole I want to be able to tweak Animoog and BlackHole on the same page, I don’t want to switch app each time. Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand the question fully. If you want to control two apps at the same time from a single page, then you need a separate app that can send midi to both of them. There are lots of options for this. However, I suggest you start a separate thread as this one is specifically about the latest updates to AUM.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/H_EJBAVSh5k/maxresdefault.jpg

Like on AUM. I can tweak the 2 apps without going back to the app full screen. The 2 apps share the same screen. If I play with Animoog, I only see the Animmog windows. Is there a way to have a split view, Animoog panel + BlackHole panel? Lets pretend that I what to turn 2 knobs at the same time witout a midi controler, just with my iPad.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

@wim said:

@Montreal_Music said:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/H_EJBAVSh5k/maxresdefault.jpg

Like on AUM. I can tweak the 2 apps without going back to the app full screen. The 2 apps share the same screen. If I play with Animoog, I only see the Animmog windows. Is there a way to have a split view, Animoog panel + BlackHole panel? Lets pretend that I what to turn 2 knobs at the same time witout a midi controler, just with my iPad.

No. One app on screen at a time in Audiobus.

• Yahou!!!

• Quick poll: anyone else are wishing for these features:

1- AUv3 windows resizing snapping to an optionnal grid to help organise screen space.

2- Main midi mapping menu stay open until it's manually closed with icon, allowing to operate AUs while mapping midi.
    As it is now, whenever you touch something outside menu by mistake or cause you want to figure what you are mapping from AU UI, the menu close and you have to do again the whole path to where you were.
    (Or at least remember last location when reopening).

Anyone?!

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

#2 would Be nice, but I remember the developer saying that was a difficult one because of the way iOS screen handling works.

• tpjtpj
    edited May 2020

@SimonSomeone said:

@j_liljedahl working a treat!

This works great indeed using audiobus, but iaa apps like patterning or animoog dont have the show plugin option when hosted in AUM. So i assume you use Audiobus to host and launch them?
    Would be great if this would work just using AUM.

Edit: ignore this comment as i just updated AUM 😆

• Yeah, the midi-control for app switching is great. Certainly helps making a workflow smoother.Love it!

Now I can switch between Xequence 2 and AUM with a tap on my midi controller. Sweeeeet!

• @aplourde said:

@tpj said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@tpj said:

+1 on this! The auto-naming doesn't carry over to the recorded file. But because it's auto-named I don't think to manually name the channel and end up with a bunch of generic file names!

Good catch! Will look into this for the next update.