Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro updated to 10.5 now with live looper and step sequencer

It was "leaked" some time ago, here it is:

Comments

• Yes!!!

• Any idea when it hits the App store?

• Never mind, got it.

• Oh, my. Made my day.

• Great news glad it’s landed before WWDC. I wonder if GarageBand going to get updated.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Great news glad it’s landed before WWDC. I wonder if GarageBand going to get updated.

That is a good question. If you know, update us please.

• edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Great news glad it’s landed before WWDC. I wonder if GarageBand going to get updated.

Apple are pretty synced when it comes to dropping updates so if they have update GB I should imagine we find out in a day or 2. I hope the some of these sampler tools makes a cross over.

• Mainstageeeeeee

• Nice.. pretty sure the step Seq and drum machine has probability.. Wonder if the Performance system has Snapshots? iPad integration is fab..

• edited May 2020

Wow. This is far more than I expected or even hoped for in a free point release.

I was expecting live loops as per the leaks and was hoping for an update to EXS24, and now we have so, so much more.

Wow.,.. there's a new drum synthesiser too. This could easily be a paid update. And the drum machine designer allows you to have external plug-ins on a pad.

All of this and now there's also Reason Rack available as a plug-in for Logic too. I've so much to play with. I just need to download that "Extra time" IAP now. :-)

on paper this looks amazing.

• Beware iOS 13.1 for full update.

• Mojave or Catalina required. No High Sierra :(

• @mistercharlie said:
    Mojave or Catalina required. No High Sierra :(

My MacMini shipped with Catalina pre-installed so it's not an issues for me personally...

• The step sequencer has a lot of flex a bit like a Drambo !
    May be of interest @echoopera if you own LPX.

• I should be excited but every time I open logic it’s just frustration.
    Why is it so difficult monitor external instruments?
    I know I’m just missing a setting or something.
    Even more frustrating is upon opening I added audio track played and heard external synth.
    Added second audio track, was able to sync and hear external drum machine.
    Added software instrument. Could play and hear that, as well as drum machine.
    BUT NOW can’t hear external synth.
    Frustratedly started new project now I can only hear software instruments. I’m about to lose the mind.
    Can somebody give me some monitoring tips?

• edited May 2020

I must say the logic remote app integration with the main program is pretty impressive well worth getting now the looper view is available, especially as it supports Apple Pencil. (https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/eu/yib5znlfxq37.png "")

• @tput73 said:
    I should be excited but every time I open logic it’s just frustration.
    Why is it so difficult monitor external instruments?

Just tap the "I" Icon in the channel strip. :-)

I know I’m just missing a setting or something.
    Even more frustrating is upon opening I added audio track played and heard external synth.
    Added second audio track, was able to sync and hear external drum machine.
    Added software instrument. Could play and hear that, as well as drum machine.
    BUT NOW can’t hear external synth.
    Frustratedly started new project now I can only hear software instruments. I’m about to lose the mind.
    Can somebody give me some monitoring tips?

• Oi! I’m a dumb!
    I should pay more attention to my external routes.
    I had synth going thru external effect which I had switched off.
    I almost gave up and lost it. All good now.
    Thanks for the advice on the “I” for that certainly was something I overlooked last time I got excited about trying logic again.
    Gonna stick with it for a while for it was my favorite before Ableton.

• Wow. This update looks fantastic. Definitely going to have to give this a serious look.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The step sequencer has a lot of flex a bit like a Drambo !
    May be of interest @echoopera if you own LPX.

Yup. I was just looking at that. Going to download today and give it a whirl. Thanks for thinking of me 😬👊🏼™️

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Jumpercollins said:

That is quite an update. Very impressive. The guy doing the video is great but is he not totally baked in the opening shot!?

• @mistercharlie said:

But my 2011 iMac 21-inch runs Logic in High Sierra so well right now....☹️

• @trancespotter said:

@mistercharlie said:

But my 2011 iMac 21-inch runs Logic in High Sierra so well right now....☹️

Shame... I don’t want to update neither. I will research first this time... everything else workimg fine to just get glorified zenbeats...

• I'm on a MBP 13" i5 late 2013 and Catalina all running fine no plugin hic ups.

• @WillieNegus said:
    RIP Ableton. Just bought a Push 2 thinking this update was still months off. Time to sell it. Probably grab an MPC 1 or LPX. Remote will do for now. I love Ableton but wasn’t looking forward to shelling out a few more hundred to upgrade Live Intro to Suite on top of the Push 2 purchase. Now I don’t have too. Logic was always my fav but Zenbeats on iOS had me fiending for a loop based workflow on desktop. Welp....thanks apple.

IMO, there isn’t a better value out there than a Logic X.

I was thinking the same thing. Need to see more of the clip-launching process, but it sure looks good from these videos.

• Anybody know if you can do live audio looping in 10.5? I have not figured it out yet.

• edited May 2020

Just in case people didn't know, there's a 90-day free trial: https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/trial/

• Can some one report on the probability features (if any) seems Logic may be the first Performance Daw to do this...?