Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’m confused with midi out in BeatHawk.

BeatHawk is awesome. I love the workflow of the app and I want to work a lot with this app.

Lets make it simple. I have no problem making a beat in BeatHawk using the sounds of the app.
But if I want to add a melody with Galileo2 in the BeatHawk app. My guess is to link a pad in B-H to the midi in of Galileo2. But I made a couple of tests and I fail.

In Audiobus, I route B-H in the input midi and Galileo2 in the midi Output. Is it possible to use the keyboard in BeatHawk to trigger external iOS synth? How?

If someone answer me, I will never forget I much I love you.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ok I got my answer: you cannot receive external sound and record it in BH :(

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

It should work, as long as you enable midi output in BeathHawk settings, and as long as you go to Galileo 2 > Expert > MIDI and enable the right channels.

However BeatHawk isn't sending out MIDI as it should from the keyboard, from the AU at least. I get one note out of it, occasionally.

The sequencer does send out midi-out as it should though. Each pad sends on the midi channel corresponding to it's position from the bottom-left. If you record your keyboard notes to a pattern, maybe using a dummy sound, then remove that sound, you can then output to Galileo 2.

• @wim said:
    It should work, as long as you enable midi output in BeathHawk settings, and as long as you go to Galileo 2 > Expert > MIDI and enable the right channels.

However BeatHawk isn't sending out MIDI as it should from the keyboard, from the AU at least. I get one note out of it, occasionally.

The sequencer does send out midi-out as it should though. Each pad sends on the midi channel corresponding to it's position from the bottom-left. If you record your keyboard notes to a pattern, maybe using a dummy sound, then remove that sound, you can then output to Galileo 2.

I will try this. Do I have to use Audiobus for this? The Galileo sounds will be recorded in BH?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@wim said:

I will try this. Do I have to use Audiobus for this? The Galileo sounds will be recorded in BH?

No, you can use any host, or you can run both apps as standalone.

No, the audio won't be recorded in BeatHawk. The standalone version of BeatHawk can record from microphone input, but not from other apps. You'd need to use a host such as AUM, AudioShare or a DAW that can record BeatHawk's output. Audiobus doesn't have recording capability.

• @wim said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@wim said:

No, you can use any host, or you can run both apps as standalone.

No, the audio won't be recorded in BeatHawk. The standalone version of BeatHawk can record from microphone input, but not from other apps. You'd need to use a host such as AUM, AudioShare or a DAW that can record BeatHawk's output. Audiobus doesn't have recording capability.

Thank you sir.

• Any time ... hope it helps.

• Is there a name for a type of recording that never stop like in BeatHawk? The recorder, when it is on, he loop and wait for a new note to record. When you record with loopy, you have to tap to record and tap to stop. If you press record and wait 4 minutes, the loop with be 4 minutes of silcence.

Not sure I'm clear, but lets say I have a 8 bar loop, I press record, and I can record a note, wait 3-4 loop, add somes notes just by playing 2-3 notes on my midi controller. When I record a loop in GarageBand, after the 8 bar loop, the recording stop and doesnt loop so I have to press record each time.

If I'm not clear, I'm looking for an other app that had a easy type of recording like BeatHawk.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is there a name for a type of recording that never stop like in BeatHawk? The recorder, when it is on, he loop and wait for a new note to record. When you record with loopy, you have to tap to record and tap to stop. If you press record and wait 4 minutes, the loop with be 4 minutes of silcence.

Not sure I'm clear, but lets say I have a 8 bar loop, I press record, and I can record a note, wait 3-4 loop, add somes notes just by playing 2-3 notes on my midi controller. When I record a loop in GarageBand, after the 8 bar loop, the recording stop and doesnt loop so I have to press record each time.

If I'm not clear, I'm looking for an other app that had a easy type of recording like BeatHawk.

In Loopy, if you set the tempo, it will stop recording automatically after the number of loop cycles you specify.

• @Montreal_Music
    Seems like you need to set the loop length before, and have the looper stay in OVERDUB mode until you stop the recording manually.
    In overdub mode, it keeps looping and adding whatever you play, but doesn’t erase what you played/recorded on previous loop cycles.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Montreal_Music
    Seems like you need to set the loop length before, and have the looper stay in OVERDUB mode until you stop the recording manually.
    In overdub mode, it keeps looping and adding whatever you play, but doesn’t erase what you played/recorded on previous loop cycles.

BINGO! This is what I want. I have 2 loopers, Loopy and AudioKit L7. They both can do this? If yes, that is amazing.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Montreal_Music

BINGO! This is what I want. I have 2 loopers, Loopy and AudioKit L7. They both can do this? If yes, that is amazing.

Loopy has it. Look in Settings>Track Management to turn it on.
    Not sure about L7, it seems to lack overdub, but maybe I just haven’t found it.