Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus, AUM, ApeMatrix

2»

Comments

• edited May 2020

I use apeMatrix and AUM a lot. I only use AudioBus if I want to use Loopy.

For me, the two important differences between apeMatrix and AUM are:
    1. apeMatrix brings AUv3 automation front and center
    2. AUM gives me a lot more channels for recording

If apeMatrix provided more channels for recording, I might/could use it for everything.

AUM: I use AUM for live performance and recording involving external audio instruments. I can route separate monitor mixes to multiple headhones (generally one or two), and record both raw and effected instruments (multiple), as well as submixes.

apeMatrix: I use apeMatrix to connect multiple AUv3 plugins, most often with generative MIDI sources, automate the AUv3 params, and record the sessions for later use.

• @kinkujin said:
    This has been great so far. I think if ApeMatrix had the ability to record multiple stems it would be perfect. I wonder if this is on the devs list? This is the one I think I have my eye on.

+1

• It come to my attention recently that AudioBus offers Virtual MIDI tunnels that are seen by apps that play well with AudioBus and also by AUM. They made the piping MIDI out of AUM through Audiobuses tunnels and right back into a Lumbeats drummer in AUM. No other MIDI routing in AUM except this side trick through AB Virtual MIDI ports worked.

For me it's not an either proposition but both.

I also think ApeMatrix is worth learning because it offers a better workflow for LFO's and
    multi-FX routings. But I never seem to need it... I just appreciate the effort to make it and the fact that it also installs several highly useful AUv3 tools... It's really an ApeMatrix Suite like Rozeta Suite that appears several times in the AUM listings of FX'es.

Pro's have them all... even before they make any money but would like to.