Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• And it is AUv3...I’m in.

• edited May 2020

Okay that looks rad

• Too colorful.
    Pass.

🤣

• WHAT
    "Oh, Scarecrow," the Wizard said, "the AUv3 sampler you wanted was in you all along."

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

Looks like a variation on AudioLayer ReSlice to me ... (?)

• It’s the same (almost) with EG Pulse sample section

• @wim said:
    Looks like a variation on AudioLayer to me ... (?)

I was thinking ReSlice but with transient detection, but also what @Korakios said, the sample edit section from EG Pulse. It reminds me of Serato Sampler too, which has me psyched. Wonder what the ETA is?

• I wonder what features this will have over sampling through EG Pulse.

• Also, multi-out it seems like.

• Could it be a Samplr wannabe with AU bells and whistles!

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@Strizbiz said:

@wim said:

I was thinking ReSlice but with transient detection, but also what @Korakios said, the sample edit section from EG Pulse. It reminds me of Serato Sampler too, which has me psyched. Wonder what the ETA is?

oops yeh, I meant ReSlice. Hopefully what makes this stand out from that app will be apparent, or I don't think I'll see the need for it.

• @Strizbiz said:

@wim said:

BTW, ReSlice has transient detection.

• Looks like an instabuy !

• If it does anything like Serato, and has a good time stretch engine...hoo boy...could be cool...

• A new app from @ElliottGarage ? I'm in.. fully.. completely..

• Bring the noise!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Strizbiz said:

@wim said:

BTW, ReSlice has transient detection.

Ahhhh nice, never even bothered to long press any of those buttons 😂😂😂 thanks man, hmmmm so that’s one less reason I need to buy whatever EG’s new app but I’m still interested to see more🤷🏽‍♂️ If we can change the pitch without speeding or slowing down the temp then that would be awesome. I’m guessing that will be the case since we can do it in EG Pulse in a way

• I think there's room for two AU samplers? I much prefer the MPC-style pads, and I have never gotten along well with Reslice. But the crucial thing for me would be a robust audio editor as part of the app.

• There’s also something similar coming from MSXIISOUND.

• Hopefully this one will be velocity sensitive. I still don't understand why virsyn haven't added his in reslice (if they have and I didn't notice, please let me know).

• @echoopera said:
    If it does anything like Serato, and has a good time stretch engine...hoo boy...could be cool...

At least i see a "time" and "Pitch" option, like Serato. If they also add key detection and semitone pitch correction...

• does it work stand alone?

• @Gavinski Nope, still no note velocity applied to slice playback in ReSlice I wrote their support, asking for that feature right after release, about a year ago

I suspect that the new App from Eliot will include this feature right from the start - but if not, i’m confident in his superb support to add it in an update.

The drag & drop of samples seems really convenient. I fear this is not possible with the AUv3 as for this the AU host needs to pass through the event into the AUv3, ie AUM would need to detect the AU window as drop location and then be able to query and call the drag&drop interface of the AU. I don‘t know if this is supported by the underlaying OS.

• Will this be playable and have an amp envelope and looping like Simpler, winner if it does.

• @_ki Drag and drop works in EG Pulse AU in AUM today. You can drop in multiple samples.

• _ki_ki
    edited May 2020

@auxmux Thanks a lot for the info, i‘m going to try it right after typing this comment 😀

⏲ 5 minutes later:

Yay - drag & drop from files app in slide-over view into EG Pulse running in an AUM window really works 👍🏻

That’s cool and super convenient to assign and mix-match the drum sample packs i‘ve stored on the iPad. Pre-Listening in the Files app also works, but needs some taps. AudioShare‘s preview is simpler, but it seems AS doesn‘t support drag&drop to other apps.

• eeeeeexxcellent :) of course next question. when can we get it?

• @echoopera said:
    If it does anything like Serato, and has a good time stretch engine...hoo boy...could be cool...

We can only dream🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

• edited May 2020

More action of the pre-release EG Slicer app. Looks like the best thing since Sliced Bread to me !

https://www.facebook.com/170436796367366/posts/3006596729418011/?extid=dpIqD2tUYFpomXsn&d=null&vh=e

• No timestretch it seems...