Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

https://apps.apple.com/app//id1506065573

Description:

• Let the musical muses of Piano Motifs inspire your device to generate some original and beautiful motifs (short melodies).

• Check out the music that Piano Motifs can generate at: https://soundcloud.com/azul-3d

• No musical knowledge or skill is necessary to create completely new and original music. It is the simplest way to generate your own music.

• Realistic Grand Piano sound.

• Move the slider to adjust the music tempo (speed) and push play to enjoy some incredible piano music.

• Replay music at different tempos.

• Name and save your favorite motifs.

• Save your motifs as MIDI files so you can edit them or add more instrumentation to them in GarageBand, Logic or your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)

• Share your music with your friends and family through iMessages, e-mail, Whatsapp or AirDrop.

• Piano Motifs chooses a music key from all possible Major, Minor and Mixolydian scales and an accompaniment from a varied set of accompaniments. Piano Motifs then uses its musical theory algorithms to overlay a melody in the chosen key and accompaniment. Piano Motifs are short, they go from around 16 seconds to around 30 seconds.

Comments

• Looks neat! Thanks!

• This would be great if it was an AU. Without that, though, I don’t think I’d use it. It’d end up on my big massive pile of unused apps. Nice idea, though, and I’ll keep checking on it.

• I like it. Richard Clayderman in a box. Cute!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I like it. Richard Clayderman in a box. Cute!

😂

• @gusgranite said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I like it. Richard Clayderman in a box. Cute!

😂

I meant that in the good way though. I actually bought the app. I need Clayderman in my box.

• this is a nice little niche product. bought and will use it

• Can someone add a vid using this?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Can someone add a vid using this?

Not a lot to the GUI.

You press play and it generates one of these 15-30 second piano pieces with a MIDI track per hand - many examples posted here:

https://soundcloud.com/azul-3d

Then you can save/export the audio instance or the MIDI file to all the usual file targets that support "Open With". Xequence 2 is my favorite and then using AudioBus to pipe it's MIDI out to AUM and my favorite AUv3 apps (Ravenscroft generally).

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    this is a nice little niche product. bought and will use it

Bing bing bing.

• edited May 2020

I got it a few days ago, it makes for some nice material to use for samples. I’ve been exporting the midi files to NanoStudio and using various AUs

• I’m trying to figure out how to get variations out of it by running it though Scaler etc.

• Reminds me of Spliqs somewhat

• Bought and I love it.

• Nice find! Quite inspirational :blush:

• Is speed the only control you have regarding what´s produced?

Have you exhausted its patterns, or is this thing algorithmically producing an endless variation of motifs?

• @bleep said:
    Is speed the only control you have regarding what´s produced?

Have you exhausted its patterns, or is this thing algorithmically producing an endless variation of motifs?

Last night it got stuck in one key and pattern for a while. Not sure why. Each one was slightly different, but all very much from a single algorithm. I restarted and then it started giving me more variety in keys and patterns.

• One thing that would be nice is if you could pause a motif. Sometime there are some I don’t want to use and have to wait for it to finish and can be a little tiring

• Can u just run the midi from this live into other apps? I’m guessing no, that would be so cool though

• @Gavinski said:
    Can u just run the midi from this live into other apps? I’m guessing no, that would be so cool though

As an AU plug a sure shot and instant buy.

• @Gavinski said:
    Can u just run the midi from this live into other apps? I’m guessing no, that would be so cool though

No it’s midi file export only but that would definitely streamline it

• Could do with a feature to let you know the bpm and instead of a simple hot cold tempo would be really useful. Thanks

• also a stop playing button if you wanted to hear a different piece midway

• @Toastedghost said:
    also a stop playing button if you wanted to hear a different piece midway

I agree and quoted

• I know it selects a random key and 1 of 3 scales, but does it show you which Key/Scale Each individual motif is in?

• So what’s the consensus on this app? It’s up to #14 on US App Store in Music category. I’m about to buy but would really like to know if it it shows you which key/scale each motif is in?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    So what’s the consensus on this app? It’s up to #14 on US App Store in Music category. I’m about to buy but would really like to know if it it shows you which key/scale each motif is in?

It tells you no informations, not even the tempo its playing at. You only get a slider (to adjust the tempo) and a play button. Once you have listened to the motif, you can save it as either audio or midi (and go back and save the other after). I reached out to the developer and he has expressed interest in adding MIDI connectivity, but this is their first music app. I directed him to this forum, maybe he’ll be an active participant. Honestly, the motifs are great and you do get useable files in the end; they’re just a bit mysterious.

• @tehskwrl said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So what’s the consensus on this app? It’s up to #14 on US App Store in Music category. I’m about to buy but would really like to know if it it shows you which key/scale each motif is in?

It tells you no informations, not even the tempo its playing at. You only get a slider (to adjust the tempo) and a play button. Once you have listened to the motif, you can save it as either audio or midi (and go back and save the other after). I reached out to the developer and he has expressed interest in adding MIDI connectivity, but this is their first music app. I directed him to this forum, maybe he’ll be an active participant. Honestly, the motifs are great and you do get useable files in the end; they’re just a bit mysterious.

Amen

• edited May 2020

I wanted to do a quick demo. I learned these things in the process: the midi file has two parts, so you can have a left hand and a right hand part playing. It also contains the original tempo data, which when loaded in Photon AU is displayed (on the AU).

I took and made a little this with one of the midi files I liked. I did the Piano Motifs recording on iPhone then airdropped the midi direct to Photon

• I think it is a lovely and somewhat wonderful (mysterious even, as mentioned) very cheap app. But it also led me straight back to the more featured Spliqs. Both worth having in the sock drawer.

• edited May 2020

@Poppadocrock said:

No, but the output is very simple. It’s not difficult to figure out what it’s doing. The real fun comes in developing the midi output.