Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blueboard Help

Hi! I would like to be able to use my iRIg Blueboard (the one with the mini-usb connector) with Quantiloop. It used to work, but now when I try to connect in B or C mode, it shows "Connected", then "Not Connected" soon after. The Blueboard app still seems to work in A mode though.

I have successfully updated the firmware in the past, and thought I'd try again, in case something has changed, but although the firmware updater can see my Blueboard, the process eventually fails (does this mean it doesn't need updating, or is there another problem?).

I raised a ticket with IRig a while ago but have had no response, so any help greatly appreciated! :-)

Comments

• @AlanB said:
    Hi! I would like to be able to use my iRIg Blueboard (the one with the mini-usb connector) with Quantiloop. It used to work, but now when I try to connect in B or C mode, it shows "Connected", then "Not Connected" soon after. The Blueboard app still seems to work in A mode though.

I have successfully updated the firmware in the past, and thought I'd try again, in case something has changed, but although the firmware updater can see my Blueboard, the process eventually fails (does this mean it doesn't need updating, or is there another problem?).

I raised a ticket with IRig a while ago but have had no response, so any help greatly appreciated! :-)

Try pinging ik's support again.

What hardware and os are you running on. You might see if midimittr works to establish the connection. I use my blueboard in B mode all the time. I 'be not had any reliability issues.

Does the unit have fresh batteries?

• Thanks for the suggestions. I use a 9.7” iPad running IOS 13. The Blueboard has brand new batteries.

• @AlanB said:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I use a 9.7” iPad running IOS 13. The Blueboard has brand new batteries.

The latest version of iOS 13?

• IOS 13.4

• Anyone else successfully using Blueboard (with the mini usb connector) with Quantiloop? Any help appreciated.

• @AlanB said:
    Anyone else successfully using Blueboard (with the mini usb connector) with Quantiloop? Any help appreciated.

Did you try contacting iK again? Did you try midimttr to see if it can connect?

Is the problem only with Quantiloop?

• I heard from IK yesterday. They asked me to check batteries, and also check that the Blueboard works with Amplitube in "A" mode, which it does.

If I try to connect Blueboard to Midimttr, it does the same as Quantiloop. In B and C modes the Blueboard is detected. When I tap to connect it briefly shows as Connected, then changes to Not Connected.

• Have you tried contacting the peeps at Quantiloop???

I have a BlueBoard, but no Quantiloop.

Would be interested in purchasing it if it actually worked again with BlueBoard.

• My Blueboard works perfectly well with Quantiloop and I can recommend that combo entirely. I use if for hours at a time at work (professional accompanist) and have been for the last 3 years. :)

As far as the iRig cutting out, I believe it's an OS issue with BT. It happens with me occasionaly but afaik it's an Apple issue, as it appears to change with every OS update!
    There is a Quantiloop users group on FB if you wanted to chat to other users as well (with different pedals they use with QL)

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@Alanb - things to try:

• Go to iOS Settings > Bluetooth and make sure the iRig isn't listed under My Devices. If it is, tap the ⓘ and then "Forget this Device". Try again to connect with Quantiloop.
    • Restart your device. Full shutdown and start up. Try again.
    • Download the Korg Bluetooth MIDI Connect app and try connecting with that.
    • Try with another device if you have one.
    • Try with AudioBus or AUM or another app's Bluetooth connect dialog.

Good luck.

P.S. the USB port cannot be used for midi connections. It was only ever for firmware updates.