Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So... drambo... is MIDI mapping releasing update soon?

Just impatient.... I have my brand new LCXL sitting here quiet...dying to control everything in drambo.

😄

Comments

• It's in the works for the next big update, yes. Dunno about exact ETA.

• Yes :) I hope 1-2 weeks

• Such a wonderful screenshot!

• @giku_beepstreet nice! Do you have any plans for making the trigger pads, sequencer and page controls midi-mappable too?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Yes :) I hope 1-2 weeks

• Yes. This is the one big feature missing for my setup. AUM and Drambo can do almost anything together :)

• I have a feeling being able to control the scene crossfader via midi will be the single most consequential addition for me in the history of music software. Now, I just wish there were reasonable quality midi crossfader style cadets available. I’m pretty sure I’m slowing fucking up the cadets on my LCXL by treating them like a dj fader...

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    I have a feeling being able to control the scene crossfader via midi will be the single most consequential addition for me in the history of music software. Now, I just wish there were reasonable quality midi crossfader style cadets available. I’m pretty sure I’m slowing fucking up the cadets on my LCXL by treating them like a dj fader...

Make one yourself :)
    https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/05/yaeltex-lets-you-design-your-dream-midi-controller-will-buit-it-for-you.html

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Would you please please please consider adding in the ability to use relative midi (ie 63/65) mapping so we can use encoders?

Sooo many parameters we could control, and it’s too easy to run out of absolute pots. But if you’d support relative midi mapping, a single encoder bank/device (like the faderfox or or DJ tech tools midi box) would be sooo much more useful.

I’ve ranted for years that I can figure out why iOS is the only platform in the world we’re devs don’t support relative midi... so since Drambo is like the most amazing thing on iOS, seems you could lead that charge. 😁

• These look epic! Will wait for some reporting once they get out there a bit, but could be just the ticket!

• edited May 2020

@NoiseFloored said:
    @giku_beepstreet nice! Do you have any plans for making the trigger pads, sequencer and page controls midi-mappable too?

I've heard someone whisper heavenly blueprints into my ears... 😇

@echoopera Love your memes! That ancient greek ideograph was priceless 😁

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    I have a feeling being able to control the scene crossfader via midi will be the single most consequential addition for me in the history of music software. Now, I just wish there were reasonable quality midi crossfader style cadets available. I’m pretty sure I’m slowing fucking up the cadets on my LCXL by treating them like a dj fader...

I picked up an Evolution X-session recently for £30. 16 knobs and a crossfader + midi mappable buttons, works great with a Yamaha MD-bt01 bluetooth dongle and a USB battery. The night I shared with Pure Acid and those knobs is a fond memory longing to be repeated (I didn't buy it for the crossfader, but I mapped it anyway and it made me smile every time I swiped it).

• https://forum.audiob.us/profile/giku_beepstreet>; @MonkeyDrummer said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Would you please please please consider adding in the ability to use relative midi (ie 63/65) mapping so we can use encoders?

Sooo many parameters we could control, and it’s too easy to run out of absolute pots. But if you’d support relative midi mapping, a single encoder bank/device (like the faderfox or or DJ tech tools midi box) would be sooo much more useful.

I’ve ranted for years that I can figure out why iOS is the only platform in the world we’re devs don’t support relative midi... so since Drambo is like the most amazing thing on iOS, seems you could lead that charge. 😁

Very much agree with this.

Relative midi would be amazing ... please...please...please

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Will we be able to map the 16 scene buttons (A-P)?

Thanks

• @no1normal said:

+1

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Midi mapping is here! Control type options show toggle, momentary, absolute, incremental. I don’t quite understand the incremental... is that what you were asking for? (relative midi)

• edited May 2020

@giku_beepstreet
    Pattern switching via midi is awesome, thank you very much 😀

• midi mapped scenes are awesome!

• edited May 2020

@no1normal said:
    Midi mapping is here! Control type options show toggle, momentary, absolute, incremental. I don’t quite understand the incremental... is that what you were asking for? (relative midi)

Simply said: There are two types of MIDI control knobs:

• Potentiometers with defined start and end point (like on most cheap controllers): When you turn a knob after loading a new preset or project, the mapped destination knob will inevitably jump to the knob value as soon as you turn it, so you "lose" the initial setting. You can avoid that by enabling "CC takeover" in settings but then you will have to turn the knob to the very left or right if you want to control the full range because the hardware knob position is wrong until "corrected" this way.
    • Rotary encoders, the"endless knobs" like on many Arturia or DAW controllers, don't have that problem, you turn the knob and the knob in Drambo will follow, no jump and no range limitation.

Also, DJ controllers with jog dials that send small increments instead of numbers can be used e.g. to scratch through a loop inside Drambo's Flexi sampler 😎

• @rs2000 said:

@no1normal said:

Simply said: There are two types of MIDI control knobs:

• Potentiometers with defined start and end point (like on most cheap controllers): When you turn a knob after loading a new preset or project, the mapped destination knob will inevitably jump to the knob value as soon as you turn it, so you "lose" the initial setting. You can avoid that by enabling "CC takeover" in settings but then you will have to turn the knob to the very left or right if you want to control the full range because the hardware knob position is wrong until "corrected" this way.
    • Rotary encoders, the"endless knobs" like on many Arturia or DAW controllers, don't have that problem, you turn the knob and the knob in Drambo will follow, no jump and no range limitation.

Also, DJ controllers with jog dials that send small increments instead of numbers can be used e.g. to scratch through a loop inside Drambo's Flexi sampler 😎

I didn't know the names for this distinction. Useful info, thanks. I think I need rotary encoded knobs in my life definitely. Any particular recommendations?

• And come to think it it, using osc ather than midi would be ideal

• It’s AWESOME!!!!!!

• Endless encoders are OK but can be pretty limiting still.
    If you want to map multiple instruments on the same midi controller I would recommend a Faderfox PC4.
    16 pages of 24 pots with a very rare feature... Pots can be set to snap instead of jump. No more parameter jumps. That ability alone is worth the price 100%

• These are types of controls supported. Dev’s spent a lot of time to get various types of knobs covered.

• edited May 2020

BTW for those on a very tight budget Korg Nanokontrol mk1 has a lot of controllers over 4 scenes. Powers off iPad and reliable etc.

Sells very cheaply second hand so potentially 2 or 3 of those will give you tones of control over Drambo and others.

Absolute bargain.

• I have the Bluetooth nanokontrol but the problem for me with this is exactly the lack of sync between knob start position on hardware and the iPad instruments it is controlling. That faderfox looks good, but I definitely prefer Bluetooth

• We can! I just sequenced some morph scenes after mapping scenes A-G to some midi notes. This update is boss level.

@hypnopad said:

@no1normal said:

+1