Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Wow! Koala just added choke groups!!!

• I would still prefer Koala as an AU even if you could only run 1 or two instances :)

• edited May 2020

@thatguysmitty said:
    Wow! Koala just added choke groups!!!

Seriously?

Edit: downloaded and HAPPY FRIGGIN DAY! This is HUGE.

thank you, thank you, thank you @elf_audio for listening to your customers! A+

• seriously

• @Carnbot said:
    I would still prefer Koala as an AU even if you could only run 1 or two instances :)

+1; state saving is worth it on its own.

• Update of the century! Thank you!!!’

• @Carnbot said:
    I would still prefer Koala as an AU even if you could only run 1 or two instances :)

+1

• My fellow elf is continuing to make this app indispensable. So happy for choke groups. Now I’m starting to run out of things to request

• Yay for choke groups!! Thanks!

• @elf_audio said:
    I'm on the case - still a few weeks off tho

Woah! This looks amazing!!

Could it support midi input for triggering fx, like the Sugar Bytes apps do? Would be so nice to use it in NS2 and be able to send it notes to trigger things!

• @elf_audio said:
    therein lies the biggest challenge to bringing koala to auv3, really difficult to reprogram it to support multiple instances. Also, it's quite heavy, probs wouldn't be able to run more than 2 or 3 without performance problems.

I think that is fine so long as it lives on into the future, the hardware will catch up and this will be an instant classic. :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Only took me a year 🙃

• @Jeezs said:

@Carnbot said:

+1

@NoiseFloored said:

@Carnbot said:

+1; state saving is worth it on its own.

+1 even single instance AU is a dream come true

• How do I mess with the choke groups? I can’t find them anywhere

• @db909 said:
    How do I mess with the choke groups? I can’t find them anywhere

Tap on the sample, tap "Edit" and hit the right arrow on options until you see Choke option (drops down to groups)

• @elf_audio I like to play the pads live and it would be very handy if you could give pads labels. So the pads could show the waveform and a label to make it easier to see what sample you play. Thanks for great app

• @elf_audio said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Only took me a year 🙃

Can you please look into the export issues?

• @AudioGus said:

@elf_audio said:
    therein lies the biggest challenge to bringing koala to auv3, really difficult to reprogram it to support multiple instances. Also, it's quite heavy, probs wouldn't be able to run more than 2 or 3 without performance problems.

I think that is fine so long as it lives on into the future, the hardware will catch up and this will be an instant classic. :)

+1
    for 3,2 or even one AUv3 instance.

@fattigman said:
    @elf_audio I like to play the pads live and it would be very handy if you could give pads labels. So the pads could show the waveform and a label to make it easier to see what sample you play. Thanks for great app

+1 for labels
    Like Samplebot

Finally picked this up a couple days ago, should have been got it, but hopped on board at a great time it seems.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@db909 said:
    How do I mess with the choke groups? I can’t find them anywhere

Tap on the sample, tap "Edit" and hit the right arrow on options until you see Choke option (drops down to groups)

Thank you!

• AUv3 would doubtless be cool, but, if that is not possible, could we at least have a “return to host” button to streamline workflow?

• Oh boy! Assign a sample to a choke group, copy sample. Sample will be copied with the choke group assignment. Now during recording, switch between the two copies for endless reworking of phrases as they choke each other out.

• @thatguysmitty said:

For a noob like me, what does that mean?

• edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

@thatguysmitty said:

For a noob like me, what does that mean?

Choke Groups mean that sounds that are grouped together can cut off each other when triggered. A classic example is high hats. You can’t have the high hat sound open and closed simultaneously.

• edited May 2020

@Carnbot said:

B)

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio an erase function for the keyboard sequencing mode would be exceptional. Since the keys light up already to indicate what’s playing, you could engage an erase mode and tap and hold the keys/notes you want to remove from the sequence

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio
    1) So so so so good
    2) +1 for AU even if single instance (cuz state saving)
    3) +1 erase notes
    4) +999 mute/unmute pads from the sequence panel <3
    - Being able to mute/unmute pads on the fly is a big one when performing
    - The only sorta kinda workaround its to copy the sequence and then delete a part from the copy. Not terrible, but not ideal.

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio nice one choke groups. :) much appreciate your hard work. Any plans on a song mode, pad mutes&solos, pad naming & record count in. All else is excellent. Also thanks for the Import File Tab . Was thinking be really cool if can have the Transport section in Sample Edit screen too. Record count in ? You deserve top app awards if there is such a thing. :)

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio one thing I noticed is when I crop previously saved samples and resave a project , the sample files sizes are not overwritten so sample file sizes are not reduced. Will look into this more though.

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio said:

Audiokit stuff is AU, that can barely run a single instance and everybody loves them, I think Koala as a single instance AU is still one of the best investments around.

• @elf_audio don’t care much for au. If u do it, make as an iap and let the people who want this pay for it. I prefer to use it as a performance sampler by itself.