Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 FX Automation Capabilities

Is there a way to apply FX—compression in this case—to a portion of a guitar track but not the whole track?

What I have is an acoustic picking section in a song where the pick attack is soft-moderate throughout except at this one part. It’s ~3 seconds of audio. I thought I could just duplicate the track, split the ~3 second section on the duplicate and apply the compression. But that creates a “clicking” link on/off sound on playback.

Steinberg and Reddit Cubasis forums are useless, and I’ve always had better luck with tips I’ve found/read here.

Thanks for your time,

QG

Comments

• You could try to record the automation, while the sequencer is running open the plug-in and the W to write automation...
    For built-in plug-ins it's also possible to directly draw the automation which might be easier if it's a matter of turning the effect on/off.

• edited May 2020

You could also try what you are already doing, but do quick micro-fades instead of using mutes. Also when trimming out your 3 seconds, leave a little head and tail for the micro fades to happen just outside of your 3 second clip.

Also do complimentary, opposite fades on your main track to silence it during the 3 second clip.

This should get rid of the clicking when you switch tracks.