Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@drewinnit said:
    I've requested it before, not sure if the developer saw it....

My use case would be playing full rendered beats from the pads and using the great koala fx to tweak them

@elf_audio could release the FX as a separate AUv3 FX app and make extra $$$. They are that good.

OOH YES !!! IAM DYING for that stutter FX @elf_audio . Is that possible ??

• I'm on the case - still a few weeks off tho

• @elf_audio nice! I was wondering if it would be possible to have a “record on input” function (optional) when recording samples to the sequencer. Meaning, I hit record, and it waits until I press the first sample pad/note before recording. That way if we have longer samples, or any length really, we can be sure that everything is always lined up at the exact start of the sequence.

• @elf_audio look forward to the new AUv3 Koala FX app. I hope you include exposed AUv3 parameters from the get go.

Thank you for the updates to Koala.

• I got you

• @elf_audio said:
    I'm on the case - still a few weeks off tho

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoked

• the new cell merge is brilliant

• Brilliant!!

• HOLY COW! That FX app looks amazing. Wow.

• @elf_audio said:

An app I absolutely do not need that I absolutely will buy as soon as it is released because you are an awesome developer.

• @elf_audio any chance we will see velocity midi input? and options for the midi mapping of the pads?
    (we had a chat via email about this a couple month ago..)

• edited May 2020

Oh wow...koala Efx looks like I’m buying it right away...

So those effects look like they have some sort of scene/lock hmmmm that looks kool af!
    Could this actually be coming to koala as well?

+1 on 1 or 2 mute groups!
    And it would be totally amazing... have the effects in koala per bank so I can just process certain banks through certain effects. For instance pad bank a can just get reverb and delay by user choice but b might have comb and so on.
    After that, I see nothing else the app would benefit from at all...it’s almost perfect in my eyes!
    But...
    If it had user slice and Auv3 ....well I’d pay again...no hesitation at all. TAKE MY 💰

• Chokes groups would be awesome, can’t wait for those. I can work around it by messing with the attack and release but it gets a little difficult when it’s something other than hats. Velocity would be awesome too but I’ve worked around that by putting the sample in a new pad and adjusting the volume and and alternating pads

• Thanks to @elf_audio
    This is looking great 👍🏻

• Koala fx as an au? Awesome.

I’m in just for the comb filter :-)

• Koala FX au? I am all in. :)

• I’m having issues exporting loop audio. Has this been discussed at all. Sorry, only skimmed the thread.

• @supadom said:
    I’m having issues exporting loop audio. Has this been discussed at all. Sorry, only skimmed the thread.

I’ve had some on my iPad, glitches in the exported audio files which seem like they have to do with buffers or sample rates or something. Most of the file is fine, but with regions with stuttering. Everything works perfectly on my iphone however, so I haven’t pursued it. Haven’t tested later versions.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@supadom said:
    I’m having issues exporting loop audio. Has this been discussed at all. Sorry, only skimmed the thread.

I’ve had some on my iPad, glitches in the exported audio files which seem like they have to do with buffers or sample rates or something. Most of the file is fine, but with regions with stuttering. Everything works perfectly on my iphone however, so I haven’t pursued it. Haven’t tested later versions.

Just retried ‘Export current loop’ on an ipad: The stuttering is gone, but the front end of the loop is cut off, it starts a couple of beats in now. Export all loops too. This is on a 2017 iPad pro.

Still works perfectly on my iPhone 7.

• @JudasZimmerman ah sorry about that - can I ask, is it repeatable? If so, would you be able to send the file to me?

• @elf_audio said:
    @JudasZimmerman ah sorry about that - can I ask, is it repeatable? If so, would you be able to send the file to me?

Well, I just tried again and this time it worked perfectly on the iPad too, so no, not repeatable. Also, the stuttering I had previously (which was repeatable) is now gone, so that seems to be fixed.

Sorry about the false alarm!

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio said:
    @JudasZimmerman ah sorry about that - can I ask, is it repeatable? If so, would you be able to send the file to me?

I get a file with no waveform or sound. Tried on my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 6s on latest iOS. Both same behaviour. The original audio has been imported from screen capture so likely Apple compressed format.

• @supadom said:

@elf_audio said:

I get a file with no waveform or sound. Tried on my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone 6s on latest iOS. Both same behaviour exporting to twisted wave, AudioShare and audio mastering apps. The original audio has been imported from screen capture so likely Apple compressed format.

• Hi,

I am trying to use audiobus to MIDI-sync my live hardware setup that uses the Roland Tr-8 as the master clock to Koala sampler. I have routed my iPhone through an iTrack dock.

When I set up the MIDI chain in audiobus (In -iTrack Dock, Out Koala) The MIDI signal is recieved as the bpm in Koala syncs with the TR-8 but the transport in Koala behaves erratically only jumping too the start of the bar when pressing start on the TR-8 and only when Koala is already playing. Koala appears not receive start stop MIDI at the moment.

Has anyone else had success with this kind of setup, any tips?

Cheers

• @elf_audio said:

Why is it on its side ?

• I can reproduce it, can you? @elf_audio

• @elf_audio said:

Will we also be able to use the full koala app as an AUV3 to sample stuff?
    This way we could use other apps to sequence it as well.

• @Samu Can't you do that already now though, with IAA?

• @elf_audio said:
    @Samu Can't you do that already now though, with IAA?

One instance yes, multiple instances no...
    (For example one instance for drums with one set of effects, another instance for sound effects with another set of effects).

Then again if the FX version of Koala includes one pad that can be used to record & play the sample chromatically and maybe even polyphonically I'm all in :) (I see the keyboard icon there so I keep the hope alive).

• therein lies the biggest challenge to bringing koala to auv3, really difficult to reprogram it to support multiple instances. Also, it's quite heavy, probs wouldn't be able to run more than 2 or 3 without performance problems.