Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WOV : creative textures by K-Devices

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1436765936

Description:

WOV for iOS is an AUv3 effect for making a wide range of textures out of your sounds – from familiar tremolo waves to glitchy stutters and everything in between.

WOV lands on iOS with an injection of inspiring presets by Richard Devine and Stèv!

*** Please note: WOV is an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) – it only works in an AUv3 host app like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Modstep, Beatmaker 3, etc... ***

HOW IT WORKS / DESCRIPTION

The Rate Section
This section determines the rate or speed at which WOV operates. Rate can either be assigned in Hz, or in fractions of a beat in sync with a hosting app – to switch between Hz and sync modes, use the switches at the bottom center of WOV.
It’s easy to set up a static rate for WOV and leave things at that – but WOV has much more to offer! To the right of the Rate control, the bipolar Response knob sets the sensitivity with which WOV’s rate will either slow down or speed up depending on the volume of the incoming signal. The bipolar Variation control further introduces randomized amounts of variation to the rate – at its extremes going as far half the rate (knob to the far left) or twice the rate (knob to the far right).

The Depth Section
Depth sets the amount of modulation over the dry signal – to the left and it’s more subtle, all the way to the right and WOV will act as a repeating gate. Silence introduces more randomness to the plugin, increasing the likelihood that the amplitude will be zero for some cycles.

The Waveform Section
The waveform of a tremolo effect is essentially its repeating envelope. Classic tremolo effects offer stock waves – WOV, being a K-Devices product, is much more customizable!
The Wave knob morphs between a quasi-sine shape (far left) and a slightly rounded-off square shape (far right). Peak acts as a kind of attack control for the waveform – far left for a sharp attack, or far right to reach the peak more gradually. Finally, the Warp knob allows you to either squeeze or expand the waveform, affecting the length of each sound. When the Wave control is set to a full square, Warp acts as a duty cycle/pulsewidth control.

The Accents Multislider
The eight-step sequencer uses a multislider to set the relative accent value for each beat of the rate. The slider adjusts between two and eight steps in length, and a button offsets the accents going to the right channel one step over from the left (note that this requires Stereo to be enabled).

Get Wide
WOV can either preserve the stereo placement of its input signal, or it can add stereo offset to the output signal. Enabling the Stereo switch directly affects the Response, Silence, and Sequencer for a wider sound.

Go By Feel
As part of encouraging more musical and creative applications of WOV, in addition to using symbols for controls, the controls in WOV do not have individual readouts. We encourage you to let your ears determine the right knob positions whenever you can! If you’d like a precise readout, however, you can see/edit it by clicking on any parameter and looking in the upper-right corner of WOV.

Icons
By default, all labels are graphical – for text labels, click the symbols/text label switch in the lower-right had corner.

Comments

• Thx @White, I was waiting for this.

• K-Device is back! Incredible 🙌🏼
    Loved all those WOV videos on their twitter!!!

• This fx is literally amazing. A must buy for sure.

• Come to daddy

• So nice!)

• Before people ask yes they are shown.

• Oh wow if we’re getting the latest K-Devices plugins on iOS we are in for some treats!

• It’s great

• Made a jam and used it to bring movement into the thing

• one question:
    does it have some sort of envelope follower ?!

• @david_2017 said:
    Made a jam and used it to bring movement into the thing

Very nice!

• @waka_x said:
    one question:
    does it have some sort of envelope follower ?!

Only in this aspect, as far as I can see:

'To the right of the Rate control, the bipolar Response knob sets the sensitivity with which WOV’s rate will either slow down or speed up depending on the volume of the incoming signal.'

• good enough:)
    thanks Gav!

• @david_2017 said:
    Made a jam and used it to bring movement into the thing

this is dope. now make it your first instagram post 😏😎 finally

• Nice app, but I don’t see anything here that I can’t do with Perforator. What am I missing?

• AU only.....boo

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Nice app, but I don’t see anything here that I can’t do with Perforator. What am I missing?

Way more accents and way more complex. And on top you get a crazy innovative GUI ;)

• Here are a few things:

Wov advantages:
    -you have massive amounts of control of how the envelopes will be, and you can see that on screen as you adjust
    -rate can run free, it doesn't have to be synced to bpm as it does in perforator
    -changes in amplitude of input can vary the rate of the gating effects
    -more ability to introduce some randomness into the effect
    -panning effects without having to go in and manually adjust left right gating

Perforator advantages:

• more control over exactly how panning will sound
    • lpf
    • more steps in sequencer

As usual, no app is ever perfect, and each can do things the other can't. Wov is very cheap, if you like tremolo and gating fx it is worth getting. It also has a very sexy gui.

• Right down my alley !
    Running free / beautiful accidents :|
    I'm in

• @Mayo said:
    Right down my alley !
    Running free / beautiful accidents :|
    I'm in

Totally, ability to get away from sync and quantize are key for me too, wov is definitely my kind of thing

• I like them both, but Perforator gets more use from me. It seems to be clearer and more definable when gating, though WOV is good for adding more subtle variations.

• Yes wonderful subtle movements... I made a little jam some weeks ago relying heavily on WOV. Feel free to give it a spin

• What does Wov offer that perforator and other gating audio units dont?

• Have you guys seen this new app WOV?

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    What does Wov offer that perforator and other gating audio units dont?

Asked (by me) and answered several weeks ago above. Thanks guys. I now have both, and I run them in series. Perforator creates the groove, then WOV in free mode fucks it up a little bit. They work so nicely together.

@Bill_Brasky said:

Asked (by me) and answered several weeks ago above. Thanks guys. I now have both, and I run them in series. Perforator creates the groove, then WOV in free mode fucks it up a little bit. They work so nicely together.

Now that is my kind thinking!
    👍🏻

@Bill_Brasky said:

That’s a great tip. Thanks!

• @david_2017 said:
    Yes wonderful subtle movements... I made a little jam some weeks ago relying heavily on WOV. Feel free to give it a spin

sounds awesome man!
    ps i’m pretty sure i have that same sweatshirt 🤣

• Here’s an example: drone into perforator into WOV:

You can hear WOV messing with the groove perforator creates. I love this.

• @reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:
    Yes wonderful subtle movements... I made a little jam some weeks ago relying heavily on WOV. Feel free to give it a spin

sounds awesome man!
    ps i’m pretty sure i have that same sweatshirt 🤣

Thanks my man! Happy you enjoyed it! It’s an awesome color. I love it. You probably have the same - I am pretty sure haha