Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mid East Drummer on sale

Just saw Mid East drummer is on sale for 8.99...

Comments

• Just bought it.
    Now, I am complete.

• This is favorite, grab it you you want to add some beautiful rhythm to your sound. Highly recommended.

• edited May 2020

I don’t understand why the dev doesn’t add state saving to his apps . I jammed a little with Mid East & iBassist and some synths&fx but my Air2 was struggling and got the beloved “disconnected” message from iBassist, reloaded it but lost the groove.
    At least with state saving I could save the sessions ,until AU treatment.
    On topic for the sale price it’s excellent, especially adding different measures for complex but musical rhythms

• edited May 2020

@Korakios said:
    I don’t understand why the dev doesn’t add state saving to his apps . I jammed a little with Mid East & iBassist and some synths&fx but my Air2 was struggling and got the beloved “disconnected” message from iBassist, reloaded it but lost the groove.
    At least with state saving I could save the sessions ,until AU treatment.
    On topic for the sale price it’s excellent, especially adding different measures for complex but musical rhythms

Ah was going to grab this - is it ok on the Air 2 without ibassist?

Edit - ignore that, grabbed it anyway - too good to miss, and absolutely fine on my Air 2.

• Does anyone know where I can find the ghost rolls settings on the iphone version? I’m can’t seem to locate them :/

• Snagged it. Been waiting for this one. Thank you.

• Ha. First of these apps I’ve bought and now twenty minutes later I’m sitting in my “work from home” hut totally distracted as I listen to the sound of this thing triggering Fractal Bits in AUM. Amazeballs

• Ah yes, this is the bizness.

• @YogaDollar said:
    Ha. First of these apps I’ve bought and now twenty minutes later I’m sitting in my “work from home” hut totally distracted as I listen to the sound of this thing triggering Fractal Bits in AUM. Amazeballs

What’s the midi map for fractal beats? This sounds interesting :)

• Can anyone help me to set it up as a sound module in Aum?
    I cant even get the Aum keyboard to trigger it, nor does Atom.
    Ive set the midi from keyboard and Atom to Mid East Drummer but nothing.
    In the app midi settings, Midi in only shows Network Session. Midi out shows Aum .
    Am I missing something here? I have enabled sound module mode.

• @Pitje said:

Not sure I’m getting this exactly right so someone may correct me, I’ve just had to look because all I did at first was select Mid East as midi input to Fractal Bits in AUM. When you look at the midi page on Mid East you have to select “send notes”. Under this is listed the output midi notes for each drum, which you can change if you choose. Just checking just now Fractal Bits appears to respond to midi notes across all the octaves available on AUM keyboard. I hadn’t bothered to check at this point which individual hits were being triggered on Fractal Bits, you see them all flashing as it plays, I’d just hit the change sounds button a few times until I got a result I liked. You can mute the channel you’ve got Mid East on, or blend the two sets of sounds. Hope this makes sense.

• @YogaDollar said:

@Pitje said:

Not sure I’m getting this exactly right so someone may correct me, I’ve just had to look because all I did at first was select Mid East as midi input to Fractal Bits in AUM. When you look at the midi page on Mid East you have to select “send notes”. Under this is listed the output midi notes for each drum, which you can change if you choose. Just checking just now Fractal Bits appears to respond to midi notes across all the octaves available on AUM keyboard. I hadn’t bothered to check at this point which individual hits were being triggered on Fractal Bits, you see them all flashing as it plays, I’d just hit the change sounds button a few times until I got a result I liked. You can mute the channel you’ve got Mid East on, or blend the two sets of sounds. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I did all that and no midi. Turns out I had forgotten to select AUM destination as the midi out 😅 in MED. woops XD anywho, got my dope bleepy bloopies going now, so thanks :)

• Bloody hell, being the first country in the world to see each day (talking time zones here) sucks sometimes. By the time you find out about the sale it's over. This is the second one day Lumbeat sale I've missed out on dammit

• Anyone know what time zone Lumbeat apps would be in?

• @Jes said:
    Can anyone help me to set it up as a sound module in Aum?
    In the app midi settings, Midi in only shows Network Session. Midi out shows Aum .

Do you have Audiobus 3, or MidiFlow Adapter?
    You need to involve a 3rd app, and it’s Midi In and Out ports have to be visible to other apps.

The problem you are having is AUM doesn’t show it’s Midi Out port in other apps.
    Also, the Midi Input port for Mideast Drummer (the one you see in AUM) doesn’t seem to ever work.

So you need to connect AUM to a 3rd app (in AUM), and then select that 3rd app as the Midi input (in ME Drummer).

Also, make sure you match your Midi Channels. ME Drummer defaults to CH 10, but a lot of apps default to use CH 1.

• @CracklePot said:

@Jes said:

You need to involve a 3rd app, and it’s Midi In and Out ports have to be visible to other apps.

The problem you are having is AUM doesn’t show it’s Midi Out port in other apps.
    Also, the Midi Input port for Mideast Drummer (the one you see in AUM) doesn’t seem to ever work.

So you need to connect AUM to a 3rd app (in AUM), and then select that 3rd app as the Midi input (in ME Drummer).

Also, make sure you match your Midi Channels. ME Drummer defaults to CH 10, but a lot of apps default to use CH 1.

@CracklePot Thanks for that! No I dont have either of those apps. It looks as if MidiFlow Adapter only operates in Audiobus 3 : is that correct? So what third party app in Aum do you recommend? Im not sure I follow how that works.

• Hopefully the rock version will come in sale too. I think I will grab one of those. Recommendable?

Any my fingers still hurt from being crossed for AU version of his apps

• @SimonSomeone said:
    Bloody hell, being the first country in the world to see each day (talking time zones here) sucks sometimes. By the time you find out about the sale it's over. This is the second one day Lumbeat sale I've missed out on dammit

Yup, missed it too!!!!

• Same for me. Missed. I couldn’t buy it when at work and then it was too late when back home. Any negotiable extension ?

• @Jes said:

@CracklePot said:

@Jes said:

@CracklePot Thanks for that! No I dont have either of those apps. It looks as if MidiFlow Adapter only operates in Audiobus 3 : is that correct? So what third party app in Aum do you recommend? Im not sure I follow how that works.

You could use it in AUM. It can run as an IAA, but really doesn’t need to be loaded into a host.
    It creates the ‘visible’ midi ports while running in the BG, and AUM and ME Drummer will see these ports.
    So you basically use MF Adapter as a bridge between the 2 apps you are having trouble connecting.

If you do get MF Adapter and need help getting it working, I can help.

• edited May 2020

You could always pick up DrumJam, which is phenomenal and the developer is a total mensch. Plus it's only $7.99.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/drumjam/id530162824

(Thanks to this helpful thread, I just learned that if you're using DrumJam within AUM, start it first and don't use Ableton Link; IAA Sync works fine.)

• Ok I snapped it up, awesome app!

But why isn’t the tempo in AUM matching the tempo in Mid East drummer? And vice versa?
    What’s going on here?!!

• @SealTeamSick said:
    Ok I snapped it up, awesome app!

But why isn’t the tempo in AUM matching the tempo in Mid East drummer? And vice versa?
    What’s going on here?!!

Turn on Link.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hopefully the rock version will come in sale too. I think I will grab one of those. Recommendable?

Any my fingers still hurt from being crossed for AU version of his apps

If rock is your thing (and it is mine) then definitely recommended.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@SealTeamSick said:
    Ok I snapped it up, awesome app!

What’s going on here?!!

Turn on Link.

Or turn off. Most syncing problems can be solved by one of those two moves.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You could always pick up DrumJam, which is phenomenal and the developer is a total mensch. Plus it's only $7.99.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/drumjam/id530162824

(Thanks to this helpful thread, I just learned that if you're using DrumJam within AUM, start it first and don't use Ableton Link; IAA Sync works fine.)

Yes! Ive had Drumjam for years and it is recognised as a midi input by MED.

• Is there a way to modify the pitch of the drums in MED? It's really great, by the way. Might be my favorite of the 3 Lumbeat apps I have so far and that is saying something.

• edited May 2020

@oddSTAR said:
    Is there a way to modify the pitch of the drums in MED? It's really great, by the way. Might be my favorite of the 3 Lumbeat apps I have so far and that is saying something.

I think it’s my fave of the lumbeats too. But that bendir is locked onto a B. I suppose you could do some trickery in Cubasis to pitch shift it. For me it’s been easier to just compose in B when I want to use the bendir. Turn the bendir up in the mixer and it makes a pretty good bass line when using some of the more complex rhythms.

• edited May 2020

... Edit : I've created a new thread to post my question.

• noo missed this sale, :( also what happened to bundle prices in the App Store are they no more?