Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

edited May 2020 in Other

Since we’ve had more time on our hands lately. I need to finish God of War & Horizon Zero Dawn among others.

Really looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima in July.

Comments

• (You forgot to add "Is it any good?" to the title. ;) )

Believe it or not, I started on Animal Crossing recently. Crazy good relaxing sort of game.

• Fixed ;)

I’ve seen that game. What’s it like?

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    (You forgot to add "Is it any good?" to the title. ;) )

Believe it or not, I started on Animal Crossing recently. Crazy good relaxing sort of game.

• I've been spending time with Into the Breach, it plays like a chess of sorts mixed up with mechs. You can play a match in 5-10 minutes. I really hope they bring it to the iPad like they did with FTL. Lonely Mountains: Downhill (mountain biking) is fun too.

Ah, and I finished Super Mario World on my kids' Switch, which I never managed when I was a kid 😅

• edited May 2020

@NoiseFloored said:
    Ah, and I finished Super Mario World on my kids' Switch, which I never managed when I was a kid 😅

Hah! Similar thing here except it’s Kirby's Dream Course for me.

• edited May 2020

PUBG Mobile on iPad... lot of fun, especially if i didn't get killed 2 minutes after landing :-))))

• Terraria with my two boys. We finally took out the mechanical bosses, onto Plantera haha...

• Playdead's Inside... Definitely the best iOS game I have tried, and great sound design too

• edited May 2020

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Fixed ;)

LOL! Excellent! The forum meme is alive and well, and it is pretty good. :lol:

I’ve seen that game. What’s it like?

(For context, the following is heavy sarcastic humour.)

Well, part of the gameplay revolves around you endlessly paying off a house loan you owe to some droopy-eyed twat named Tom Nook. "Oh, congratulations on your tent becoming a house. By the way, good news. You owe me this many bells. ☺️" (Bells = in game currency that's more akin to Yen than Dollars.)

Right, so once you pay off your first loan, then Tom's like, "Okay Jim, may I interest you in expanding your house? You'll have more space to store stuff. 😉 The more you get used to island life, the more space you'll need. When have I ever caused you to doubt me? 😇"

"Okay Tom. I guess you're right. Let's go for it then. Expand my storage space. 🙂"

"Excellent. 😇 Oh by the way, 😈 you now owe me 168,000 bells."

"Oh bugger off you bloody fleabag. 🙄😞"

Apparently new to the game is the Nook Phone. Animal Crossing now updated for the iGeneration? :P It's a pretty handy feature though. For instance, you earn Nook Miles by achieving certain goals, and once you unlock Nook Miles+, you earn Nook Miles by completing specific daily tasks (some which are easier than others, and some which you can't be fucked with).

Another instance where the Nook Phone comes in handy: the game features fishing and bug catching, and when you catch the first of a species you've never caught before, it shows up in your "critterpedia" as a new entry. When you catch bugs and fish, you can either donate them to the museum and listen to an owl named Blathers live up to his name, or you can sell them for bells by Nook's Cranny ran by Tom's mini-mes.

Anyways, when you start off with an island, you get two "cute" animal neighbours. One of them is a "jock type" who brags about his non-existent muscles and talks about sweating a lot (😒 right, keep it to yourself mate), and the other is a "sisterly type" who is more sarcastic than me (who I actually seem to get along with just fine).

Now, in seriousness, I love this game. The gameplay is relaxing and fun and doesn't require too much thinking between music production sessions. It's a non-competitive type game. Just explore and do things and have fun.

Final word -

if Machete likes to play Animal Crossing, you better fucking play Animal Crossing. :lol: Cheers.

• I’ve stopped playing my PS4 due to it sounding like a Jet engine that’s about to explode. HST playing RE2 on XBone, Streets of Rage4, also need to finish Doom Eternal 😺🎮🚀

• Danny Trejo is a great guy indeed, my wife met him (she works for conventions).
    Call me crazy but i still love Stunt Car Racer on a C64 :)

• @Clueless said:
    Danny Trejo is a great guy indeed, my wife met him (she works for conventions).

I had a feeling he was. He always seems to be a warm and friendly person off camera. I hope to meet him someday. Your wife is absolutely lucky!

• been playing mostly old school classics on iOS lately.
    Final Fantasy 4,
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Cursed Castilla (Spiritual successor to ghosts n goblins)
    Dragon’s Quest 5
    Wings Remastered (Old amiga WW1 flight combat game)
    The Last Express
    Dungeon Warfare 2 = Amazing tower defense

• Borderlands 3 if you like your games fast and funny

• TLDR: Warframe is by far the best game I have played and I have played A LOT of games. Period.

Oh, finally something I can contribute to. 😋 God of War was fantastic and Horizon Zero Dawn had one of the best stories (didn’t like the gameplay though).
    Just recently I returned to Warframe. Started on the switch when it came out there, invested 233h (which is a lot for me), but paused for a year to catch up with other games (e.g. God of War). Problem was I didn’t find anything that came even close to Warframe. Now I‘m starting anew on the PS4 to be able to play with my colleague.

A few points to get a grasp what it actually is

• co-op third person action game; very fast; can be played solo but requires online
    • You can shoot, slash, poke, blast and what not your enemies, you can fly your jetpack, do tricks on your hoverboard, build and fly your own spaceship, breed dogs and cats, and and and...
    • PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch. No crossplay
    • It is free to play with an absolutely fair monetization model
    • Very community driven. Lots of interaction from the devs with the players. Very open to feedback
    • it is extremely complex and requires constant reading in the wiki, (but that makes it so much more rewarding)
    • It is a massive time sink, Some things need a lot of grinding (but it is a fun grind 😁)
    • It has this special „strangeness“ to everything from the aesthetics to the wording of items which makes it really unique. Did I say that you can get space herpes which lets you breed a parasite themed companion dog out of its cyst? 🤭
    • The story is also very good, but it needs about 100h until you reach the cinematic quests.

Now to the musical side of the game: 🎼

• It has a frame (think „class“) that actually fights with beats. You can compose a tune with a little sequencer and the melody, bass and drums then add to your attacks.
    • You can buy string instruments that can be played with the controller including a Guitar Hero like minigame.
    • Sound design and score at superb imho

For me Warframe is the Drambo of games: infinitely complex and deep, somehow familiar but still confusing to newbies, constantly evolving thanks to user feedback, and just soooo much fun to play with. 👌🏼

I have to get back to playing now. The universe needs me. See you in game Tenno. 👽

• Sounds interesting / I’ll take a look into it

I also want to get back into Dreams [PS4]. You can create a game within a game and play other games created by other users. Deep and really challenges the artistic mind.

@Artvarg said:
    TLDR: Warframe is by far the best game I have played and I have played A LOT of games. Period.

Oh, finally something I can contribute to. 😋 God of War was fantastic and Horizon Zero Dawn had one of the best stories (didn’t like the gameplay though).
    Just recently I returned to Warframe. Started on the switch when it came out there, invested 233h (which is a lot for me), but paused for a year to catch up with other games (e.g. God of War). Problem was I didn’t find anything that came even close to Warframe. Now I‘m starting anew on the PS4 to be able to play with my colleague.

A few points to get a grasp what it actually is

• co-op third person action game; very fast; can be played solo but requires online
    • You can shoot, slash, poke, blast and what not your enemies, you can fly your jetpack, do tricks on your hoverboard, build and fly your own spaceship, breed dogs and cats, and and and...
    • PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch. No crossplay
    • It is free to play with an absolutely fair monetization model
    • Very community driven. Lots of interaction from the devs with the players. Very open to feedback
    • it is extremely complex and requires constant reading in the wiki, (but that makes it so much more rewarding)
    • It is a massive time sink, Some things need a lot of grinding (but it is a fun grind 😁)
    • It has this special „strangeness“ to everything from the aesthetics to the wording of items which makes it really unique. Did I say that you can get space herpes which lets you breed a parasite themed companion dog out of its cyst? 🤭
    • The story is also very good, but it needs about 100h until you reach the cinematic quests.

Now to the musical side of the game: 🎼

• It has a frame (think „class“) that actually fights with beats. You can compose a tune with a little sequencer and the melody, bass and drums then add to your attacks.
    • You can buy string instruments that can be played with the controller including a Guitar Hero like minigame.
    • Sound design and score at superb imho

For me Warframe is the Drambo of games: infinitely complex and deep, somehow familiar but still confusing to newbies, constantly evolving thanks to user feedback, and just soooo much fun to play with. 👌🏼

I have to get back to playing now. The universe needs me. See you in game Tenno. 👽

• @Eschatone said:

My introduction to the metroidvania genre was Guacamelee, which I thoroughly enjoyed a few years ago. Do you think this would be a good one for me?

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Eschatone said:

My introduction to the metroidvania genre was Guacamelee, which I thoroughly enjoyed a few years ago. Do you think this would be a good one for me?

I'd think so, cause the vania part is from Castlevania lol. So in theory it should be the ultimate platformer daddy!

My only experience with Castlevania was on NES (Simon's Quest) - hard as hell, what a crazy game though!!

• @Clueless said:
    Danny Trejo is a great guy indeed, my wife met him (she works for conventions).

No... nothing crazy about stunt car racer.... totally exiting. That feeling when you have taken the mad speed gamble.. you are in the air.. drifting sideways slightly... how will it be when you land? ... split seconds count... get your wits together... timing... timing... skill..... be brave!

• @iammane said:
    I'd think so, cause the vania part is from Castlevania

I know! That's why I was asking ;)
    I just don't know how far along this particular game could have moved on from its roots. Like I don't think I'd recommend anyone that likes rouguelikes to actually go play Rogue

• edited May 2020

Pc gamer here. Like point and click adventure. I’m playing doom eternal now with Overwatch and also a little gem called Blasphemy.

Favorite game of all time:

Grim Fandango
    Fallout
    Monkey Island 1-2-3
    Starcraft
    Baldur’s Gate
    Caesar 3
    SIM City
    Half Life
    Quake
    And the Italian gem Scream.

• Blade Runner - the original point-n-click adventure from 1997 on PC. Ties in nicely with the original movie and features some of the original actors. Wonderful score and atmospheres. Really good game.

Forge - a free implementation of Magic the Gathering I’m running on my Android phone. It’s full blown MtG with all card art available. Virtually every card ever made is included which is an astonishing feat. Good AI. Fantastic game.

Call of Duty: Warzone - free to play battle royale version of CoD. Playing plunder mode with my mate in the UK (I’m a Brit in the US) so that we can voice chat while getting humiliated by kids. I’m on PC, he’s on XBone. Good fun once you learn the mechanics of the game.

(Soon to be playing) BioShock Collection and Borderlands - on the Switch when released at the end of May. Very excited for this. Already own on PC and love them all. Must have ability to play these on the toilet.

• Just got 7 day trial of PS Now on PS4 and I’ve been taking a vantage of that might even sign up for a little while

• I also have been enjoying Castlevania SotN on iOS. I must have been feeling the PS1 nostalgia from it, because I also picked up Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on iOS as well. Both are excellent and worth playing.

If you want a newer game with some pretty clever sound design and music, I'd highly recommend the game Gris.

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Eschatone said:

I’d think so .. it’s got a lot of depth and more RPG character progression elements than most older metriodvania types I’ve played. I think it inspired a lot of the newer games in the genre and seems almost universally beloved.

a couple others you might also like = Dust: an elysian tale, and Dead Cells.

• @NoiseFloored said:

@iammane said:
    I'd think so, cause the vania part is from Castlevania

I know! That's why I was asking ;)
    I just don't know how far along this particular game could have moved on from its roots. Like I don't think I'd recommend anyone that likes rouguelikes to actually go play Rogue

I know what you mean! SOTN doesn’t feel outdated like a lot of psx games though. It could be a modern indie pixel-art game, the mechanics and gameplay hold up quite well.

• I play COD: Mobile if I play a game. Sometimes I play Fortnite with my son. I also enjoy Zelda on the switch from time to time.

• I usually play Oblivion or Skyrim when I’m in the mood for gaming

• I bought a switch several months ago to just play Breath of the Wild. I played it for like 150 hours and then sold the switch. No other game interested me as the switch was my first console since GameCube. But I must say, as a non-gamer, BotW is one of the absolute best video games ever produced, a work of art.

• @iammane said:
    Terraria with my two boys. We finally took out the mechanical bosses, onto Plantera haha...

Terraria is one of the greatest games ever. I also play it with my son, and it’s crazy that we both enjoy it so much.

@Gavinski said:
    Playdead's Inside... Definitely the best iOS game I have tried, and great sound design too

Oh my gosh, craziest ending to any game ever. Can’t wait to see what they do next.

• @Bill_Brasky sorry that you sold the switch. BOTW is amazing. It’s a game I can see myself just playing around in for years to come. Mario odyssey is also super fun, beautiful game as well.
    We have a few family games like Mario party and the hasbro game collection that is fun for the family.