Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Released a new iOS shortcut - Send Audio to App

edited May 2020 in Creations

Here’s my latest release. https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

Allows you to get audio directly from videos, as well as share audio directly from Oval Synth, and put in another app (E.g. Reslice, Slate from Nanostudio 2, djay to find the key and tempo of the file, etc)

I really like the Brusfri feature where I can instantly send files from Audioshare into Brusfri for cleaning the noise.

How to use the shortcut:
1. Find an audio file or video file containing audio.
2. Tap on the share option (depending on the app you’re using, you may need to press and hold the file, or find the share icon)
3. Share to the shortcut named “Send Audio to App”)
4. Wait for app list to appear. If the list doesn’t show, try again.
5. Select the app.

As with all shortcuts, make sure to add unauthorized shortcut when downloading for the first time.

Example of use cases:
1. Send to Brusfri to instantly clean the audio
2. Send to djay to get the key and bpm of a song
3. Send to Nanostudio 2 to allow audio stems, loops, and samples in Nanostudio via Slate (drum pad) - Add a slate instrument/Go to the Slate drum pad/ Tap on the sample menu above/Drag sample into an empty drum pad.
4. Send to Audiostretch to allow pitching audio stems.
5. Send to Reslice for instant sampling

You can also customize the apps based on which ones you have/don’t have. Will make a quick tutorial later.

Edit: Version 1.03 - Added Koala, Lumafusion, Blocs Wave, iMovie support.

Comments

• Thanks mr flash

• Awesome. Thank you very much sir!

• Thanks didn’t need to try yet as use case I fancied, open audio file in djay for bpm/key already available from audioshare but until you posted I was not aware this was a possibility and had been looking for this feature.just deleted djay last night as well! Looking forward to trying shortcut. Now anyone know if you can open your own files in paid traktor app without going through iTunes/music library?

• I can't download from safari on the ipad. It denies the download because safari doesnt trust the webpage... any idea how to solve this?

• @Vlad11 said:
    I can't download from safari on the ipad. It denies the download because safari doesnt trust the webpage... any idea how to solve this?

It does require iOS 13. But try opening it in the browser for the free Documents by Readdle. I might be able to port this code for iOS 12

• Thanks 😊

• edited May 2020

@Samflash3 said:

@Vlad11 said:
    I can't download from safari on the ipad. It denies the download because safari doesnt trust the webpage... any idea how to solve this?

It does require iOS 13. But try opening it in the browser for the free Documents by Readdle. I might be able to port this code for iOS 12

I'm in ios 13.

This "As with all shortcuts, make sure to add unauthorized shortcut when downloading for the first time." could be the answer. I'll see if I can do that.

• Added iMovie, Koala, Blocs Wave, and Lumafusion to the list. Might need to redownload the shortcut and replace the original.

• Curious... if I want to add Auditor, and I get an error, does that mean that Auditor doesn’t support shortcuts, or the other way around? I received a pop-up stating “Inappropriate file type: Auditor isn’t installed or cannot open the file” (which I found odd, since when I sent the audio to AudioShare first, then opened the file in Auditor, was fine). I did notice your note on “make compatible” beside AudioShare, but I’m curious if there is a workaround?

• edited May 2020

@tehskwrl said:
    Curious... if I want to add Auditor, and I get an error, does that mean that Auditor doesn’t support shortcuts, or the other way around? I received a pop-up stating “Inappropriate file type: Auditor isn’t installed or cannot open the file” (which I found odd, since when I sent the audio to AudioShare first, then opened the file in Auditor, was fine). I did notice your note on “make compatible” beside AudioShare, but I’m curious if there is a workaround?

Auditor was one I would have loved to add on the list but I didn’t have the app. Follow the steps for what I did for Audiostretch and see if it works that way. (I converted it into a .m4a before sending it to Audiostretch)

Edit: Feel free to customize to your needs. I use RoutineHub so that if I screw up a code, I can always download a stable version.

• Nice one.

• edited May 2020

I updated this shortcut to fix a few bugs with the new update. Seems it stopped working. I gotta figure out a way to do auto updates on shortcuts.
    Same link - https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

New fix:
    1. Expanded on the "Other" option. Autorenames formats to allow them to pass through certain apps (mp3, mp4, wav, aiff, and m4a). Aiff and m4a recommended
    2. Added new conditions to allow you to access shortcut from your widgets

Hopefully I can figure out how to auto update.

• Good to know.

• Funny you name Oval Synth. I deleted from my devices a while ago and now I try to download it again and it's nowhere to be found. The furthest I've come is "This app is not available in your country".

• @despego said:
    Funny you name Oval Synth. I deleted from my devices a while ago and now I try to download it again and it's nowhere to be found. The furthest I've come is "This app is not available in your country".

Did you check in your purchased apps list?

• @espiegel123 said:

@despego said:
    Funny you name Oval Synth. I deleted from my devices a while ago and now I try to download it again and it's nowhere to be found. The furthest I've come is "This app is not available in your country".

Did you check in your purchased apps list?

I did, both search and go through the list of purchased apps :neutral:

• Added two apps to the list - Let’s Unmix, and Transcribe+
    Happy sampling. Shoutout to @onerez for the tip.

• edited March 2021

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Added two apps to the list - Let’s Unmix, and Transcribe+

Thanks @seonnthaproducer !

But getting this error when trying to send to Transcribe. Is there a way to pull the audio as a .wav instead of .aiff? But this is weird as I just looked as it can pull it an .aiff in from AudioShare

• @onerez said:

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Added two apps to the list - Let’s Unmix, and Transcribe+

Thanks @seonnthaproducer !

But getting this error when trying to send to Transcribe. Is there a way to pull the audio as a .wav instead of .aiff? But this is weird as I just looked as it can pull it an .aiff in from AudioShare

Alright, I’ve changed the condition for Transcribe +. It uses the original file now, so it has no filter.

• @seonnthaproducer Thanks works great!!!

• Added version 1.11 -

• Inserted an Auto Updater which gives you the option to download the latest version, or skip for later.
    • You can also delete the "Repeat 1 Time" action in the shortcut to remove the functionality.
    • Also added Voice Recorder Pro for converting to mp3, and transcribing audio.
    • Finally, added Spire to the list as I really like the app on iOS, and it's good for quick ideas.

https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189/