Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

recording video with internal iphone audio

hey guys. I am trying to record video with my iphone while playing guitar so that I can record practice and technique stuff.

So i have my interface connected with camera connector.

Using the amp sim plugin mooer ge labs with background audio enabled.

Go into Filmic Pro or native camera app. In Filmic pro there is audiometer so i can see the audio coming from the app on the meter.

Problem is in Filmic Pro when I go to record i get no counter going. the video doesnt actually record.

When using native camera app it records and while recording i can hear audio im monitoring in headphones but after recording on playback there is no sound.

Can anyone give advice on this?

Comments

• When reviewing the video in the native Photos app, make sure mute isn’t on (along the top bar of the Photos app).
    It seems to default to muted for me. If I unmute I can hear the audio was recorded.

This was for a recording of Interface>GE Labs>Apple Camera app.
    I don’t have Filmic Pro, but maybe check if it is waiting for an external trigger to start recording. It seems to have an additional Remote app, as well as Apple Watch remote control, so there is a remote trigger function to start recording in there somewhere.

• i onyl ever use filmic pro wuith the on screen button

• ok checked my iphone native camera video and i just get a very high pitched constant tone

• Well, I don't see how the audio from GE Labs is going to get routed into Filmic unless it works in Audiobus, Aum etc which it does not. I think you have to record the audio from your amp sim into a DAW or looper etc. So your only capture video in Filmic. Then you have to import the audio and video into Luma Fusion and line them up.

• hmmm that is a waste. are you saying that if i open bias fx in aum then i would be able to have it record the aduio on my iphone camera?

• @CracklePot said:
    When reviewing the video in the native Photos app, make sure mute isn’t on (along the top bar of the Photos app).
    It seems to default to muted for me. If I unmute I can hear the audio was recorded.

I don’t have Filmic Pro, but maybe check if it is waiting for an external trigger to start recording. It seems to have an additional Remote app, as well as Apple Watch remote control, so there is a remote trigger function to start recording in there somewhere.

so just to confirm you are able to record ge labs audio to the native ios camera app?

• @Briandandrig said:

@CracklePot said:
    When reviewing the video in the native Photos app, make sure mute isn’t on (along the top bar of the Photos app).

so just to confirm you are able to record ge labs audio to the native ios camera app?

Actually, no. Sorry, I just get the raw audio input now that I checked.