Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Nice!

• Bushfire-instabuy

• @elf_audio nice one Stem Export & Pad Layering . Wow :) hope your ok safe & well during these crazy times. Thanks

• @elf_audio said:
    Can I ask how you all imagine timestretch would present itself in koala and what sort of use cases it’s needed for? I can really see a use for loops, but koala isn’t really made for loops. Maybe a lot of people are using it for loops but I haven’t seen a lot of that.

Timestretch as an effect like the old akai s950 vocals on jungle tracks

• I mean, this is just essential software right now and should be on every phone. 5-starred.

• Does this mean I don’t need a separate app to extract audio from video I can do it right inside koala?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Does this mean I don’t need a separate app to extract audio from video I can do it right inside koala?

Yes. Menu > Import Video.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Does this mean I don’t need a separate app to extract audio from video I can do it right inside koala?

Though not from streaming services I should probably add.

• Great update! For me I use timestretch for stretching sampled music to fit into my beat. Not necessarily looped samples but chopped samples.

Which brings me to my eternal request: 1 or more choke group so that one pad can cut off another pad.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@JudasZimmerman said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Though not from streaming services I should probably add.

But screen record can be your friend!

And agree with @bcrichards on choke groups!

• I love this app so much

• It really is amazing. I hate to harp on the choke groups but it is what I really need for my use case. But with that said, it’s so useable in every other way. Just as a sound capturer, there’s nothing else like it.

• @bcrichards said:
    It really is amazing. I hate to harp on the choke groups but it is what I really need for my use case. But with that said, it’s so useable in every other way. Just as a sound capturer, there’s nothing else like it.

it's the gold standard on ios.

• Just updated. When I use „file for every pad“ in the export options the app crashes. ( 2017 iPad, latest OS )

• Video audio import is gold.

• @supadom said:
    Video audio import is gold.

+1
    now I can make all those 90 Day Fiancé beats I’ve been wanting to do

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@supadom said:

+1

I used to rip video audio using LumaFusion, massively more convoluted in comparison to this.

• @supadom said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@supadom said:

+1

I used to rip video audio using LumaFusion, massively more convoluted in comparison to this.

Yeah I used to use Beat time but the process was too many extra steps and I kind of just stopped messing with it cos I’d lose the creative flow. It’s crazy easy now in Koala

• @elf_audio : I love Koala, and this is a brilliant update. So is it greedy of me to ask if you might see your way clear to add recordable automation for those excellent FX at some point? Asking for a friend. :)

• Man, this app is so awesome and fun.
    This update is so great.

I remember when this app first came out, my initial impression was that it was a simple, quick app, and a bit of a toy.
    But you can do so much with it now. It is really deep with features, but it still retains that same quick, simple fun experience of the initial release.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @elf_audio : I love Koala, and this is a brilliant update. So is it greedy of me to ask if you might see your way clear to add recordable automation for those excellent FX at some point? Asking for a friend. :)

This human is an oracle, communicating the needs of the masses in a simple yet direct manner.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @elf_audio : I love Koala, and this is a brilliant update. So is it greedy of me to ask if you might see your way clear to add recordable automation for those excellent FX at some point? Asking for a friend. :)

This human is an oracle, communicating the needs of the masses in a simple yet direct manner.

Shoots I would have so much fun with that. The resampling possibilities droool

• edited May 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Svetlovska said:

I am the masses made flesh in disgusting form (and enormous also as are my needs) and I wish for this recordable automation of which the oracle speaks.

And that choking thingie too.

• Is it still only 4/4?

• @elf_audio Just getting back into Koala after some time away—such a great app thanks for the update! Is there a way to latch a pad so it loops or has this been discussed as something for the future?

• I've requested it before, not sure if the developer saw it....

My use case would be playing full rendered beats from the pads and using the great koala fx to tweak them

• @drewinnit said:
    I've requested it before, not sure if the developer saw it....

My use case would be playing full rendered beats from the pads and using the great koala fx to tweak them

@elf_audio could release the FX as a separate AUv3 FX app and make extra $$$. They are that good.

• Agreed! Really fun to play with